Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 06:24 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Why do make up this kind of garbage? We're talking about people who continually reject Christ, to the point demonizing all things Christian. Go over the the R&P board. They're everywhere! Christ says there comes a time when you must give up & move on. It's as simple as that.

We are NOT talking about how we treat fellow-believers.

I'm glad that isn't what you are talking about, but please realize that Mystic isn't making anything up. There are some Christians on this forum who regularly "demonize" other Christians here, dismissing them as swine/dogs, and shaking the proverbial dust in their faces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 08:50 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Many will/have apostate and worship, turning to the idolatry of the "gospel of love"..... it is a false representation of the true "gospel of Jesus Christ"....

Jesus warned us about it happening and we are experiencing more and more of it right before our very eyes, amen !!
Can you provide me with a Scripture, where Jesus warns that the "Good News" of love is idolatry?
Because, if memory serves me, he gave a "command" to love.

Jesus replied: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.
And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:23 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen.... saved33 !
Many will/have apostate and worship, turning to the idolatry of the "gospel of love"..... it is a false representation of the true "gospel of Jesus Christ"....

Jesus warned us about it happening and we are experiencing more and more of it right before our very eyes, amen !!
Jesus did NOT warn about love . . . He preached and commanded it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Can you provide me with a Scripture, where Jesus warns that the "Good News" of love is idolatry?
Because, if memory serves me, he gave a "command" to love.

Jesus replied: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.
And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.
Amen, Jerwade!!! I get so frustrated with the blind leading the blind into the pit thinking they are serving the Lord. They focus on all the wrong things and elevate evil to the status of God's justice! It boggles the mind. The Gospel is so simple: "love God and each other" daily and repent when you don't because Jesus has saved us all and His perfect love (grace) will cover our imperfections and failures. What could be more Good News or a truer Gospel than that?

Old 04-25-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He who says, 'I know him' but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

He who does not love, does not know God; for God is love.

Love with all your heart.

Love with all your soul.

Love with all your mind.

Love with all your strength; body.

Love your neighbor as yourself.

And you shall love the Lord your God.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus did NOT warn about love . . . He preached and commanded it!
Amen, Mystics!

"He took love to the fullest extent, laying his own life down."

Psalm 63:3

Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity