Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 06:38 PM

14,978 posts, read 17,333,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The bodily ressurection of Jesus proved Jesus' claim.... he is Jehovah God.

Also Jesus says that He was not able to do anything of Himself, so this tells me that the source of His power is His Father, His God. Jesus is all about His Father and directs us to His Father who sent Him.
God bless and peace.

John 5: 30`I am not able of Myself to do anything; according as I hear I judge, and My judgment is righteous, because I seek not My own will, but the will of the Father who sent Me. (Young's Literal)

Philippians 2: 5 Have this attitude [a]in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be [b]grasped, 7 but [c]emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 03-12-2012 at 07:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 09:06 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,672,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
John 2:19 -22
Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.

The Jews replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?”

But the temple he had spoken of was his body. After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the Scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken. "
Seeing is believing but "blessed are they who have not seen and yet believed."

Thank you my LORD Jesus and I, like Thomas who fell to his knees and worshipped saying "My Lord and my God!" , thank you for giving me the eyes of faith to see that you are also my LORD and my God.

And Lord.. turn the people’s heart that has become calloused; because "they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes".
Lord may "they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn" for you will heal them.
Amen! How beautiful. The Lord is great and loved us so much he allowed us to drive hands into his hands and feet hanging him on a piece of wood to die a slow tortuous death in our place.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:24 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,510,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Amen! How beautiful. The Lord is great and loved us so much he allowed us to drive hands into his hands and feet hanging him on a piece of wood to die a slow tortuous death in our place.

Did you mean, "to drive nails" into his hands and feet?

"When the princes of this world do wrong their whipping boy is punished."

Old 03-13-2012, 10:04 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,608,995 times
Moderator cut: some serious advise

Lots of posts have been edited or deleted due to off topic , sidebar discussions

Please stay on topic and use the dm function for personal invitations..Also please note that all are welcome to post in this forum so long as they stay on topic and respectfully debate an issue of discussion..

Old 03-13-2012, 09:55 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,552,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen, Twin !! It is a beautiful thing to be given the faith of this blessed revelation... in knowing and seeing our Lord and Savior Jesus is our Mighty God....

Amen, ILNC !!
Yes Cyber,
Yes it is... what a day it will be when we shall see the triune God.
For that is the God who saves.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
But no one else other than Jehovah who was found to be in a form of a servant could possibly do what Jesus did.
Isaiah 53:5
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:53 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,733,732 times
Quote:
Yes Cyber,
Yes it is... what a day it will be when we shall see the triune God.
For that is the God who saves.
Amen, and am so thankful, deeply grateful and indebted to my God Savior Jesus Christ as my flesh could never pay the dreadful price my God paid to give me the grace of His love and forgiveness from the power of sin and a life to live continuously overcoming sin, so that I may live now for eternity with Him, amen !!

Quote:
But no one else other than Jehovah who was found to be in a form of a servant could possibly do what Jesus did.
Isaiah 53:5
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

You know Twin just what Christ did should be the revelation to those who doubt, debate that Christ is not God.
No human being has ever done what He did, amen ?
Those who have been given the grace through forgiveness of our Lord God of heaven, Jesus Christ... are called sons and daughters, yet, not one is capable to perform the miracles, heal the body, soul, mind, grant forgiveness from a life of sin and so on as the Lord Christ does..... our God !!
We are only given authority to cast down the principalities of darkness, demons, Satan and the lies that oppose God's truth by taking it all captive through the authority of Christ, and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to all the nations, yet, we do not have the power to do what God Christ Jesus does.... amen !!

Even common sense can discern that Christ is God, amen !!
It is heart breaking to see so many oppose God's truth and walk by sight rather then by faith, amen !!

Old 03-14-2012, 08:21 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,950,198 times
Quote:
John 2:19 -22
Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.

The Jews replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?”

But the temple he had spoken of was his body. After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the Scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken. "
Seeing is believing but "blessed are they who have not seen and yet believed."

Thank you my LORD Jesus and I, like Thomas who fell to his knees and worshipped saying "My Lord and my God!" , thank you for giving me the eyes of faith to see that you are also my LORD and my God.

And Lord.. turn the people’s heart that has become calloused; because "they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes".
Lord may "they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn" for you will heal them.

Matt.28:18 - "All authority has been Given To Me.."

1Cor.1:24 - "Christ the Power OF God"

Rev.12:10 - "The Power of HIS Christ"

Old 03-14-2012, 09:24 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,055,807 times
The OP states Jesus is Jehovah God due to His resurrection.

Yet it was Jehovah God Who brought Jesus back to life. And what did Jesus say to Mary to tell His disciples AFTER He was raised from the dead?:

Joh 20:17 which is the term for "Teacher.Jesus is saying to her, "Do not touch Me, for not as yet
have I ascended to My Father. Now go to My brethren, and say to them that I said, 'Lo! I am
ascending
to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"

Jesus said he was ascending to the disciple's Father and to the disciple's God. Jesus was not the disciple's Father and was not the disciple's God.

Later on Thomas said of Jesus "My Lord and My God." But what did he mean by that since Jesus just told them He was not their Father or their God? All God means is "Placer" or "Subjector." Jesus was indeed Thomas's Placer or Subjector but was not THE invisible Deity filling heaven and earth who is THE Placer or THE Subjector.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen, and am so thankful, deeply grateful and indebted to my God Savior Jesus Christ as my flesh could never pay the dreadful price my God paid to give me the grace of His love and forgiveness from the power of sin and a life to live continuously overcoming sin, so that I may live now for eternity with Him, amen !!

You know Twin just what Christ did should be the revelation to those who doubt, debate that Christ is not God.
No human being has ever done what He did, amen ?
Those who have been given the grace through forgiveness of our Lord God of heaven, Jesus Christ... are called sons and daughters, yet, not one is capable to perform the miracles, heal the body, soul, mind, grant forgiveness from a life of sin and so on as the Lord Christ does..... our God !!
We are only given authority to cast down the principalities of darkness, demons, Satan and the lies that oppose God's truth by taking it all captive through the authority of Christ, and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to all the nations, yet, we do not have the power to do what God Christ Jesus does.... amen !!

Even common sense can discern that Christ is God, amen !!
It is heart breaking to see so many oppose God's truth and walk by sight rather then by faith, amen !!
Amen Cyber... It is because of the Spirit of Truth the dwells in us that makes it possible to discern that Jesus is God.

It was by design that Jesus hid from view his Godhood and glory, but that though didn't stop him from using it ( thus the miracles, power to control the weather, power over demons, demons reacting in sheer terror and beg like a beaten dog when they are confronted).

If one was to read carefully the scriptures, God doesn't go around proving himself to the nay sayers. I'm going to let God prove himself in his time ... for that Day will come. That day will either be at time of death or when time ceases to exist.

You and I will be proven by God that he is Triune and that Jesus is God as we humbly will say "Oh Lord my God, my saviour God, how great thou art.... how great thou art !"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity