Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 11:02 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,053,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You should have read my post and NOT truncated it. Murder is a legal term and applies ONLY to members of society. An unborn child is NOT a member of society . . . so murder is not applicable. It is killing and it is wrong . . . but a woman is doing it to a growing part of her own body and it is not society's business. It is evil . . . but it is an evil perpetrated on the woman by the woman and will be answered for by the woman. Society should focus on eliminating the reasons women feel it is necessary to kill their unborn child. We do a poor enough job of that. Most of what you and the rabid pro-life dictators would have society do only aggravates the situation and puts further potential stress and trauma on women.
I suppose the balstocysts, zygotes and very early embryos wasted during the process of in-vitro fertilization is also killing. And does God kill the many embryos that fail to attach to the uterine wall and are spontaneously aborted? A good percent of pregnancies end in miscarriage because there is something wrong with the fetus and that is nature's way of "natural selection" (or is God responsible)??? I wish people were not so ignorant when it comes to these issues. If anyone should decide whether or not to consent to allowing a pregnancy to proceed, such a decision should certainly fall to the mother, who will, as you rightly said, answer to God for her choices. In this situation, others have no business trying to play God. Woman have always had abortions even before it was "legalized" in the 1960's and they always will when it is a necessary choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 11:08 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,053,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
I admit that I don't know The Bible as well as I should. But, didn't god kill the first born in every family at one point?
According to the Old Testament, yes. But funda-gelicals will tell you it is okay for God to kill and that He is a killer. But the bible says Satan was a murderer from the beginning. It's all quite confusing if you believe the OT is a history book or the bible is literal. Many people refuse to engage in using a little common sense when thinking about issues. That is why believers sometimes come across as being extremely ignorant.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:52 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,561,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You should have read my post and NOT truncated it. Murder is a legal term and applies ONLY to members of society. An unborn child is NOT a member of society . . . so murder is not applicable. It is killing and it is wrong . . . but a woman is doing it to a growing part of her own body and it is not society's business. It is evil . . . but it is an evil perpetrated on the woman by the woman and will be answered for by the woman. Society should focus on eliminating the reasons women feel it is necessary to kill their unborn child. We do a poor enough job of that. Most of what you and the rabid pro-life dictators would have society do only aggravates the situation and puts further potential stress and trauma on women.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:38 AM

4,443 posts, read 4,890,142 times
The Church is not consistent on their pro life stand, the hierarchy is only for the rights of the unborn, be born and be gay they do not support their rights, the same can be said of women, be born and go off and kill and be killed in unjust wars most of the U.S. bishops give their blessings.

But the Catholic Church is not the lone hypocrite Church out there, if all churches told their members not to fight we would have WORLD PEACE which would allow us to use our wealth to help people not kill them.
Imagine if all the Churches said no to Hitler.

“Everyone in the world knows that Jesus and His teachings were nonviolent except Christians.”
M. Gandhi

Old 02-20-2012, 11:28 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,114,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
The Church is not consistent on their pro life stand, the hierarchy is only for the rights of the unborn, be born and be gay they do not support their rights, the same can be said of women, be born and go off and kill and be killed in unjust wars most of the U.S. bishops give their blessings.

But the Catholic Church is not the lone hypocrite Church out there, if all churches told their members not to fight we would have WORLD PEACE which would allow us to use our wealth to help people not kill them.
Imagine if all the Churches said no to Hitler.

“Everyone in the world knows that Jesus and His teachings were nonviolent except Christians.â€
M. Gandhi
the church welcomes gay but does not support ANY couples that are actively sexually interacting as that goes against the commandments----and no it does not support marriages between same sexes as it is not condoned biblically---and no i cannot quote the exact passages

Old 02-21-2012, 06:20 AM

4,443 posts, read 4,890,142 times
the church welcomes gay
Tell that to a gay person, I think they would disagree

but does not support ANY couples that are actively sexually interacting as that goes against the commandments
I think it is time for the hierarchy to get out of the bedrooms of both gay and straight

Old 02-21-2012, 10:19 AM

889 posts, read 829,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
the church welcomes gay
Tell that to a gay person, I think they would disagree

but does not support ANY couples that are actively sexually interacting as that goes against the commandments
I think it is time for the hierarchy to get out of the bedrooms of both gay and straight
Ted, we so missed you. Where have you been? Where else can we get this much anti-Catholic vitriol from a so called Catholic? You're the best.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:49 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,114,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
Ted, we so missed you. Where have you been? Where else can we get this much anti-Catholic vitriol from a so called Catholic? You're the best.

but i think there are other anticatholics vying for the title(yes--OT)

Old 02-21-2012, 03:50 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,355,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
According to the Old Testament, yes. But funda-gelicals will tell you it is okay for God to kill and that He is a killer. But the bible says Satan was a murderer from the beginning. It's all quite confusing if you believe the OT is a history book or the bible is literal. Many people refuse to engage in using a little common sense when thinking about issues. That is why believers sometimes come across as being extremely ignorant.
I've never heard an actual answer from any anti-abortion person on this. I've researched it and estimates are 50% to 75% of fertilized eggs never implant and grow into humans. So most sexually active women have probably had this happen. If you consider that murder, then who is to blame? Who goes to prison? We used IVF to have our children, and I have no issues with the fertilized eggs that were discarded. They could even tell us that they were of poor quality (whatever that means) and were unlikely to implant.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:02 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,782,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I've never heard an actual answer from any anti-abortion person on this. I've researched it and estimates are 50% to 75% of fertilized eggs never implant and grow into humans. So most sexually active women have probably had this happen. If you consider that murder, then who is to blame? Who goes to prison? We used IVF to have our children, and I have no issues with the fertilized eggs that were discarded. They could even tell us that they were of poor quality (whatever that means) and were unlikely to implant.
That is natural, abortion isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity