Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 11:49 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]--- Dear Christian friends,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]We have been asked to forward this email and pray for Pastor Youcef. Please forward using the bcc box so that a list of e-mail addresses is not circulated.[/SIZE]

URGENT PRAYER NEEDED for cancellation of execution for Pastor Youcef in IRAN

This Prayer Chain is calling ALL Christians into action NOW on behalf of this Iranian pastor, who faces execution!

Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani never practiced the Muslim faith and converted to Christianity at age 19, becoming a pastor later. But the courts say that since his mother and father were practicing Muslims, he must recant his Christian faith or die. So far, in three court appearances, he has refused to do so - RISKING EXECUTION AT ANY MOMENT. The Iranian Supreme Court often acts quickly in administering the death penalty.

According to a report, when asked by judges to "repent," Youcef replied: "Repent, What should I return to? To the blasphemy that I had before my faith in Christ?"

The judges replied: "To the religion of your ancestors - Islam." To which Yousef replied: "I cannot."

It's time for the body of Christ to act, to pray, to plead for the life of our Brother before Christ so that His servant may be spared.

This is what you are asked/called to do. As soon as you receive this email, PRAY IMMEDIATELY. Forward to your Church so that they may all pray too. Then forward this PRAYER REQUEST to every CHRISTIAN you know so that they may pray also. Forward this under the Bcc (Blind carbon copy) so email addresses will not be shown.

The Bible States , "If God is with us, who can stand against us."
http://www.christiantelegraph.com/issue14030.html

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Jeremiah 29:11

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 07:00 PM

661 posts, read 622,103 times
Praise God for his testimony. I pray God meets him in his moment of need... whatever the outcome!

Old 01-31-2012, 07:11 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
[SIZE=3]--- Dear Christian friends,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]We have been asked to forward this email and pray for Pastor Youcef. Please forward using the bcc box so that a list of e-mail addresses is not circulated.[/SIZE]

URGENT PRAYER NEEDED for cancellation of execution for Pastor Youcef in IRAN

This Prayer Chain is calling ALL Christians into action NOW on behalf of this Iranian pastor, who faces execution!

Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani never practiced the Muslim faith and converted to Christianity at age 19, becoming a pastor later. But the courts say that since his mother and father were practicing Muslims, he must recant his Christian faith or die. So far, in three court appearances, he has refused to do so - RISKING EXECUTION AT ANY MOMENT. The Iranian Supreme Court often acts quickly in administering the death penalty.

According to a report, when asked by judges to "repent," Youcef replied: "Repent, What should I return to? To the blasphemy that I had before my faith in Christ?"

The judges replied: "To the religion of your ancestors - Islam." To which Yousef replied: "I cannot."

It's time for the body of Christ to act, to pray, to plead for the life of our Brother before Christ so that His servant may be spared.

This is what you are asked/called to do. As soon as you receive this email, PRAY IMMEDIATELY. Forward to your Church so that they may all pray too. Then forward this PRAYER REQUEST to every CHRISTIAN you know so that they may pray also. Forward this under the Bcc (Blind carbon copy) so email addresses will not be shown.

The Bible States , "If God is with us, who can stand against us."
http://www.christiantelegraph.com/issue14030.html

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Jeremiah 29:11

There are many in certain communist and Muslim countries who are facing persecution because of their faith in Christ and they should be remembered in prayer. I will pray that God bless and strengthen Pastor Nadarkhani in the midst of his persecution whether it is God's will for him to be martyred or released.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:10 PM

Over 40 people have read the original post so far. But there have been only two responses. Does anyone care about this? Not responding doesn't neccessarily mean that you don't care, but it would be nice to see some responses.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:26 PM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Over 40 people have read the original post so far. But there have been only two responses. Does anyone care about this? Not responding doesn't neccessarily mean that you don't care, but it would be nice to see some responses.
Many of us are secret prayer warriors, Mike. We follow Christ's admonition about prayer in public.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Sounds very familiar, as I continue to pray for all humanity in their ignorance.

"Every Life is Precious, regardless of what they believe."

Old 01-31-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Many of us are secret prayer warriors, Mike. We follow Christ's admonition about prayer in public.
I said nothing about praying in public or posting a prayer. But it would be nice to have people show some concern about those who are being persecuted because of their faith in Christ.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:42 PM

144 posts, read 149,298 times
Yah, knows what this man needs, may He keep him close, May the light of the living God shine down on His child, and may he see the face of his Savior in his time of need. Youcef, By the grace of Yah. stand strong.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:50 PM

322 posts, read 317,060 times
we need to be the change that we want to see in the world..

its very easy to point the finger at the extremist , but we too need to be aware of our part in this corrupt world
this is sad and wrong on all levels.. let us learn from this and make the changes in ourselves , its the only way the world will see a change
starts with the man in the mirror.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:07 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Go to aclj.org a Christian law firm stared by a Jewish Christian for national and international Christian issues. He has lots of information on that man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity