Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 07:10 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Because I never said that God's word says anything about unborn babies eternal consequence either way. The Bible is simply silent about it.
And here you and several others have been trying to say that the Bible is complete. If the Bible is silent about the "eternal consequences" of millions of unborn babies, then it's obviously not complete. I'm not suggesting that Christ's first century followers didn't know what the fate of their unborn children was. I believe they had a very good understanding of the Lord's Plan of Salvation. But clearly this particular point did not end up being mentioned in the Bibles you and I have today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 09:03 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
And here you and several others have been trying to say that the Bible is complete. If the Bible is silent about the "eternal consequences" of millions of unborn babies, then it's obviously not complete. I'm not suggesting that Christ's first century followers didn't know what the fate of their unborn children was. I believe they had a very good understanding of the Lord's Plan of Salvation. But clearly this particular point did not end up being mentioned in the Bibles you and I have today.
God revealed we won't have every answer either.
1 Corinthians 13:9-12
For we know in part and we prophesy in part,....Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; Now I know in part; then I shall know fully,

I am content with is in the bible, for that suffices.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:04 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Maybe it's time for you to stop pretending you do, then.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:36 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Because I never said that God's word says anything about unborn babies eternal consequence either way. The Bible is simply silent about it.
No phaze... the only thing readers see is your attitude is very unhealthy and antagonistic. People can see just how clever you think you're being, trying to get me or others to say something that fits your skewed rational accusations.

Your personal vendetta is consuming you.
How dare you, Twin, ...trusting God when life situations, circumstances, people, whatever doesn't make any sense nor feel good.....
Was it not Job who said, "Though He slays me, I will trust Him" !!

And I've said, and will continue to say and believe...
"The Lord will never get in line with us; we must always get in line with Him"......
.....and that is a big... !!

I do remember the Lord calling those on many of occasions that demanded God's ways get in line with theirs.....
Spoiler
a stiff-neck people !!

Well heck.... and no sarcasms intended, BUT, it is what God's word says...
SO, the conclusion for one who walks by faith, trusting God.... will come too who do believe Him, would be, "IT IS WHAT IT IS ".... !!

Quote:
1 Corinthians 13:9-12
For we know in part and we prophesy in part,....Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; Now I know in part; then I shall know fully,

............ Amen....

Ah, CONTENTMENT in GOD.. regardless what life throws at us.... is a very, very good place to be, Twin !!

Blessings to you and all !!

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 12-10-2011 at 02:47 AM..

Old 12-10-2011, 05:07 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:

No phaze... the only thing readers see is your attitude is very unhealthy and antagonistic. People can see just how clever you think you're being, trying to get me or others to say something that fits your skewed rational accusations.

Your personal vendetta is consuming you.
He thinks he is being clever, but the repeated misrepresentations of other peoples comments are rather easy to see.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Maybe it's time for you to stop pretending you do, then.
Or maybe it time for you to stop pretending to think you need a answer for everything. That is our difference, I stand soley on the Bible which is solid.. the unmovable rock, everything else is quicksand.

And I stand on that rock not based on my ability or works nor intellect, but on reliance on Christ's work and by faith, and am content with is revealed despite not having all I may want answered. (which what I meant to say earlier)
should have been:
I am content with what is in the Bible, for that suffices.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He thinks he is being clever, but the repeated misrepresentations of other peoples comments are rather easy to see.
I know. That is why I attempt to phrase things the way I do... I know whom I'm dancing with after enough time.

As Jesus said:
Matthew 10:16
I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

I know quite well that certian comments\questions are nothing more than setups. On the one hand, straight answers are demanded but if a person does then what do we hear .... oh your soooo dogmatic, Biblean, fundy, bashing my church, primitave ancestors, your God is evil cruel monster, none thinking nuckel dragging Neanderthals .... ya da ya da ya da.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post

How dare you, Twin, ...trusting God when life situations, circumstances, people, whatever doesn't make any sense nor feel good.....
Was it not Job who said, "Though He slays me, I will trust Him" !!

And I've said, and will continue to say and believe...
"The Lord will never get in line with us; we must always get in line with Him"......
.....and that is a big... !!

I do remember the Lord calling those on many of occasions that demanded God's ways get in line with theirs.....
Spoiler
a stiff-neck people !!

Well heck.... and no sarcasms intended, BUT, it is what God's word says...
SO, the conclusion for one who walks by faith, trusting God.... will come too who do believe Him, would be, "IT IS WHAT IT IS ".... !!

............ Amen....

Ah, CONTENTMENT in GOD.. regardless what life throws at us.... is a very, very good place to be, Twin !!

Blessings to you and all !!
Cyber... those are good smilies

Old 12-10-2011, 09:16 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
I know. That is why I attempt to phrase things the way I do... I know whom I'm dancing with after enough time.

As Jesus said:
Matthew 10:16
I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

I know quite well that certian comments\questions are nothing more than setups. On the one hand, straight answers are demanded but if a person does then what do we hear .... oh your soooo dogmatic, Biblean, fundy, bashing my church, primitave ancestors, your God is evil cruel monster, none thinking nuckel dragging Neanderthals .... ya da ya da ya da.
Unwillingness to entertain other perspectives is close-mindedness. If your mind is closed you are essentially blind. The Salem witch hunt debacle was perpetuated by close-minded individuals.

Whether you like an opinion of another or not....there is value in all views. Why so dogmatic about what the bible doesn't say? If it isn't found in the bible then your foundation is sand as you said. Perhaps you have it all wrong...are you open to that possibility?

Old 12-10-2011, 11:06 AM

351 posts, read 354,962 times
Hi Everyone First no one, not anyone came come to the Father except through the Son. That is clear, all must come through Jesus.

What does amaze me is how so many people think God is limited by death. All people will be resurrected. Those that have already repented and their hearts have been changed to be in line with God, will judge the rest of us and even the angels.

Those who are being judged will have to repent and come to a knowledge of the truth just like God said he wanted in 1Tim 2:4

Judgement is misunderstood by many. It is not like a court says, guilty or not guilty, Gods judgements on us are the means he uses to make us repent and change our heart to match his. He knows us like no other and knows exactly what to do to reach us and change us. God's grace is "divine influence on the heart" and it will be shed on all. Some will need more judgements than other that is why some receive few stripes some receive many.

The narrow gate that leads to life is not found by many in this physical life and most will be lead to destruction (they will be lost) but that does not mean they stay lost. Remember Jesus was sent to find the lost and return them, and if he misses just one he will have failed in the mission the Father gave him and Jesus can not fail. Death is not a barrier for God and those who think that he can not accomplish all he plans to do are trying to limit God liken to a man. He is not a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity