Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 07:40 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,213,307 times

Advertisements

i wouod expect igf the neighbor took his kid tot eh hospital that he would be looked at and then transferred to a hospital that could take such cases. that is usually what happens. I fact oif it did then I as a christain would have to rethink my giving for such treatemnt by my donations.But then as a neighbor I woulod bring it to the communtiy like is seen all the time because he is my neighbor and i know about it. i would not expect toehrs to takeup the problem or wait for governamnt that is way beyond what they can afford . Have you chnaged your mind about YOU having your taxers raised or just want the rich to pay again? hat is the message i see from liberals;let the other guy pay for it again then gripe if they don't also provide jobs .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 09:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,513,056 times
Take religion out of this equation. Why always bring up Cristian, why not, if you are a good neighbor would you get involved. This is a tricky question, some Parents do not want anyone in their business, not family never mind a neighbor. Then if we get invovled with this, what is the next thing we get involved with our neighbors. It comes down to what the parents are willing to do for their child, as a neighbor you could suggest some things that might help out the situation, this way it does not look so much like you are in control. Parents these day are funny, some just don't want anyone budding into their business.

And it would also depend on how severe the condition is. So many in the same bolt these days, but wish People would keep Religion out of things. These days everyone blames something on being a certain religion or being Christian.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:21 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,420,123 times
It's hard to talk about doing something and not do it. I admit that it's not my passion yet God has called us to do something about it. For the sake of argument, I still can do something about it (show love, support, etc) and it still wouldn't make a difference to his health. I think Jesus care more that we love and proclaim the goodnews to those who are poor and oppressed than to set something straight. Sometimes helping someone won't make a difference in their lives even when they have all the resource they need. I think love touches and makes a difference more even if they may not get the resource they need. IMO. Then there are times when you can only do so much, I guess.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:22 PM

574 posts, read 2,051,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I'm a die-hard leftist. The fact remains that we're a nation of primarily Christians. In fact, most people on the left are Christians.
I'm part of that club too, Leftist Christians, and I'm proud of it!

Nancy

Old 11-29-2010, 09:29 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,654,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrjam View Post
Let say, he has a preexisting condition and no insurance coverage.
Are you willing to accept that situation as being a fact of life, or is it radically against your very notion of what a Christian society should be.
Do you see the irony that the country that claims to be the most christian nation, is the ONLY industrialized country where such travesties occur?

Old 11-29-2010, 09:54 PM

697 posts, read 1,076,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
dont tell the left we are a Christian society,they will go nuts!!!
Not true. What is true, oddly enough, it is the right that wants to deny health care...

Old 11-29-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Just b/c I'm a Christian does not give me any more responsibility to care for these people than it does you.
I think it does.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Well if he lives in the US he gets Medicaid so he has insurance.

You only get Medicaid if you meet certain income restrictions. It is entirely possible to be gainfully employed and still have no health insurance. In such cases, Medicaid is not likely to be an option.

Try again.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:55 AM

27,200 posts, read 46,828,127 times
As a "Christian" it isn't any of my business what my neighbors do. I follow the Golden Rule in that scenario, I do unto them, as I would want them to do unto me. Since I would want them to stay out of my personal life, I would stay out of theirs.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:44 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,619,341 times
Being a Christian has no bearing on seeing that an underprivileged family has medical care for their child.
All it takes is a person who cares about their neighbor and their children..Religion has nothing to do with whether or not someone is a kind, caring, loving person.

I would steer the parents to the State/Federal agencies that provide medical cards to the children..I know that in my own State all children at the poverty level or with longterm illnessess and disabilities are eligible for medicaid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity