Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 10:02 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Harold Lovelace is another amazing man.

I had the great fortune to have a long conversation with him on the phone a few years back when I was confronting my church leadership about their eternal hell doctrine.

He's been preaching UR since the 50's (!) and I KNEW he must have gotten some major flack ESPECIALLY back in the even more traditional 50's. I said "Man you must have been in some HEATED arguments over the years about all this" and he answered (to my surprise) "No. Never - not even one time. If anyone confronted me in anger I just let them say what they had to say and move on. It just meant it wasn't their time yet".

Wow!

He went on to share 2 Tim. 2:24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,

Check out his site: Dr. Harold Lovelace's* Bible Research Page
I believe I have been on Lovelace's website before. I studied many universalist writings before I signed up on City Data, but I'm still learning, so I will probably go through all these sites again. It's hard to grasp the message all at once, and I know I have a lot more to learn. I'm taking some time out to read and study some more. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
J. Preston Eby is a huge help to me too!

I always read his Bible studies that he has sent to me through the mail for many years.

Eby was a close friend of Canadaian George Hawtin, and Ray Prinzing (my hero and mentor), both of whom have passed on, but most, if not all of their writings are on the internet.
I don't think I've read Prinzing, Eby is one that I have read only bits and pieces of, and Geroge Hawtin is one I haven't heard of before. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 05:42 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,405,679 times
Exclamation My tribute to ray prinzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I don't think I've read Prinzing, Eby is one that I have read only bits and pieces of, and Geroge Hawtin is one I haven't heard of before. Thank you.
MY TRIBUTE TO RAY PRINZING

Ray Prinzing is my hero and mentor.
His writings can be read online.

During my twelve year nervous breakdown caused by my inability to emotionally cope with the idea that God lets any creature suffer forever in hell, every morning, as I washed my family’s dishes, I would listen to one of Ray Prinzing’s many tapes. I have listened to 178 of them several times, and 23 of them many times.

In addition to these tapes, I always read every issue of his periodical GOSPEL ECHOES which he later renamed LETTERS OF TRUTH and gleaned many pages of his writings into my personal journal.

Many people have a hero, someone in their life that made a contribution to their welfare so significant that it is far above the influence that anyone else has had.

Ray Prinzing is that hero to me.

For several years my 97 year old dad called me from his nursing home each evening. Each time he called I read a portion of my over four thousand page journal to him, and many of these readings are the gleanings that I wrote from Ray Prinzing’s writings and tapes. Many nights my dad fell asleep listening to one of Ray’s tapes.

As I listened to Ray’s tapes during my nervous breakdown (1966-78) I gradually became more and more sure that I was going to recover. The contents of his tapes gave me the courage, in 1978, to take a public stand that I believe that the Bible teaches universal transformation, not endless suffering in hell, or even annihilation. (I’m 71 years old now)

My panic attacks completely stopped.

And now I spend most of my time offering people, in various ways, the information that helped me recover and helps me stayed recovered, and I am pleased to report that I have a lot of evidence that the info I post has helped, and is helping many other people in the same way that it helped me.

Ray Prinzing has now passed on, but his influence is so wide spread that he will not be forgotten on this earth for many, many years, if ever. And that is a very good thing!

J. Preston Eby and Canadian George Hawtin were good friends of Ray Prinzing. All three of them frequently quoted each other in their writings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity