Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2010, 03:14 PM

621 posts, read 1,211,602 times

Advertisements

I don't guess there is a room set up here in this forum for prayer requests, is there?

Anyway, if anyone is willing, would you please say a prayer for my niece who is experiencing a bad kidney stone attack right now. She's been in the ER for a few hours, and apparently the stone is moving slowly, which obviously is causing a lot of pain. Of course they have her on pain meds and will be releasing her soon to go home, where she will hopefully pass it on her own. But I know personally what it's like to experience those things, and it's not fun. The poor kid, God love her. She has had these attacks for a few years now, and I feel so sorry for her. She's only 16 years old, so it seems odd to me that she would be having so many of them. Anyway, please say a prayer that God will heal her and bring comfort to her. She's such a sweetie.

Also, my mom's having some health concerns right now. Looks like she has become a borderline diabetic (I've heard there really is no such thing...that you either are or aren't), and her blood sugar numbers keep coming up. Plus, she found out that her one kidney has a low output. So this is bugging her, too. Please pray that God will bring about healing for her as well, and to let everything be okay.

Thanks, guys. God Bless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 04:32 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,228,103 times
Absolutely will be praying for them! Thanks for letting us know.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:38 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,026,879 times
Sending my prayers to God for them. Sorry to hear of the pain your niece is in.
You're obviously a loving aunt and daughter.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:40 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,634,064 times
OUCH!!! I know that must be terribly painful and I will say prayers for both your niece and your mother. And btw, there is a prayer thread at the top of the page in the R&P forum. We really need one here too.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:51 AM

621 posts, read 1,211,602 times
Thanks, everyone. My niece is doing so much better today! She didn't specifically say whether the stone had passed, but says the pain is gone...which usually means it has passed out of the ureter and into the bladder.

Thanks for letting me know about that prayer thread, Ilene! I should have looked around more, but presumed it would be here in the Christianity forum.

BTW...Heartsong, I'm a guy. But yes, I'm a very loving uncle and son.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:14 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,289,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyspider View Post
I don't guess there is a room set up here in this forum for prayer requests, is there?
Just an "FYI" --We do, in fact, have a "Prayer Request" thread at the top of the main Religion and Philosophy forum. All are invited and encouraged to post there, as there are members who frequent that thread quite regularly to pray for the petitions/prayer requests of all who post there...

~Please know that June sends thoughts of well wishes and recovery to both your niece, and mother...

Take gentle care.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:50 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,943,094 times
Quote:
Thanks, everyone. My niece is doing so much better today! She didn't specifically say whether the stone had passed, but says the pain is gone...which usually means it has passed out of the ureter and into the bladder.

Glad to here she is doing better, shyspider!
I hope everything goes well with your mom.
take care,
sparrow

Old 09-06-2010, 08:27 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,870,347 times
I, too, am glad to hear that your niece is doing better. Hope she is home by now.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:22 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,376,195 times
Quote:
I'm relieved by your news! Sounds like the doctors knew what she needed!

Blessings to you all,
brian

Old 09-07-2010, 10:49 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,255,524 times
Just now saw this. I am glad your niece is doing better and am praying for your mother. I understand her plight way too well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity