Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 08:53 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
To the contrary. The demons who encountered Christ during His first advent on earth, were compelled to fall down before Him because they recognized, they knew that Jesus was the Son of God. But they did so as enemies of Christ. They are doomed to spend eternity in the lake of fire.

Now there will come a future time when every person who rejected Jesus as Savior, and every fallen angel will bend the knee and acknowledge that Jesus is Lord. In Matthew 7:21-23 unbelievers are seen addressing Jesus as Lord and then being told by Jesus to depart from His presence because He never knew them.

As for as the Greek word Kampto, as seen below, the second definition of the word is simply to bow one's self. It is a position of submission

kampto
Definition:
1. to bend, bow, the knee (the knees)
a. to one 1. in honour of one 2. in religious veneration
b. used of worshippers

2. to bow one's self

So according to your doctrine, Mike, God needs to force people into submission in order to have glory?
If He is God, why does He need to force people into submission? Isn't He Great in and of Himself?

Please show me how it is "glorious" to force people into submission.
Thank you.

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 09:16 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,028,605 times
Quote:
Matthew 7:21-23 shows that when in the presence of the Lord in judgment, those who professed to be believers in Christ but were not, will indeed recognize that Christ is Lord. And then He will order them to depart from Him because He never knew them.

Matthew 7:21 ''Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father (the will of the Father is to believe in the Son) who is in heaven. 22] ''Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophecy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23] '''And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

During the dispensation of the church-age, Jesus Christ is in Heaven and seated at the right hand side of the throne of God the Father. He is not physically on the earth today. During the church-age, one of the ministries of God the Holy Spirit is to indwell the body of the believer (1 Cor 6:19). Only a believer who is indwelled by God the Holy Spirit can recognize that Jesus is Lord. But when standing in the presence of the Lord at the judgment which occurs at the end of the tribulation and at the Great White Throne judgment at the end of the Millennium a thousand years later, the unbeliever will indeed recognize and acknowledge the Lordship of Jesus. But Jesus will say to them that He never knew them. And then they will have no choice except to depart from His presence and into the eternal fire.
Again Mike, the scriptures show that every tongue will eventually confess that Jesus is Lord, and I showed you directly from God's Word that it says that the only way to confess that Jesus is Lord is to have the Holy Spirit. That means that EVERYONE (since God's Word clearly says that everyone tongue shall confess) shall have the Holy Spirit.

It is wonderful news. The gospel of Universal Salvation is superior to any other message.

You can't embrace hate and love together. God is love, he even hates with LOVE. But man's hatred excludes love. Man doesn't hate with love. The gospel of eternal torment is a gospel of hate without love.

The gospel of Eternal Torment is preaching a gospel of death where Sin gets dominion to keeps its subjects in eternal torment for the rest of eternity. It effectiveliy teaches that Jesus will fail to eradicate sin because it leaves the wicked to remain in eternal rebellion (sin) against God in a place of firey torment forevermore.

The master victor in Eternal Torment is SIN!!!

Old 08-14-2010, 09:19 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,028,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
So according to your doctrine, Mike, God needs to force people into submission in order to have glory?
If He is God, why does He need to force people into submission? Isn't He Great in and of Himself?

Thank you.

Blessings,
brian
Actually God does have to force you into submission. Our nature only knows sin. Man can never come of himself to God. Any turning in a man's heart towards God was put there by God Himself. It is ALL His doing and not ours.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:42 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Thank you.

Blessings,
brian
God's glory is the sum of His essence. It is who and what He is. God had all glory in eternity past before He brought anything into existence.

God is the sovereign ruler over all of His creation and that fact will be acknowledged by all of creation. That includes His enemies.

God has sworn that every knee will bow and acknowledge that Jesus is Lord.

Psalm 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet."

Matthew 22:44 'The Lord said to my Lord, ''Sit at my right hand, until I put Thine enemies beneath Thy feet.'

Mark 12:36 'The Lord said to my lord, ''Sit at my right hand, until I put Thine enemies beneath Thy feet.''

1 Cor 15:25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.

Hebrews 1:13 But to which of the angels has He ever said, "SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES A FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET "?

Hebrews 10:13 waiting from that time onward UNTIL HIS ENEMIES BE MADE A FOOTSTOOL FOR HIS FEET.

God has enemies. The unbeliever is an enemy. Satan and the fallen angels are enemies. They will be made a footstool for the Lord's feet. In other words they will all be brought into submission. And then they will spend eternity in the lake of fire for having rebelled against God.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:44 AM

Hi trettep,
I think your idea of "forcing" is for man's benefit.
Mike's idea of forcing, if I read correctly, is solely for God's "benefit."
Yours is other-oriented, unselfish.
His is self-oriented, self-exalting.

Blessings,
brian

Old 08-14-2010, 09:46 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
god is just. i believe a judgement day will come.
a whole lota people are living like its not guna happen.
in the last 50 years of good life-- i have not seen americans become better people.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
God's glory is the sum of His essence. It is who and what He is. God had all glory in eternity past before He brought anything into existence.

God is the sovereign ruler over all of His creation and that fact will be acknowledged by all of creation. That includes His enemies.

God has sworn that every knee will bow and acknowledge that Jesus is Lord.

Psalm 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet."

Matthew 22:44 'The Lord said to my Lord, ''Sit at my right hand, until I put Thine enemies beneath Thy feet.'

Mark 12:36 'The Lord said to my lord, ''Sit at my right hand, until I put Thine enemies beneath Thy feet.''

1 Cor 15:25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet.

Hebrews 1:13 But to which of the angels has He ever said, "SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES A FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET "?

Hebrews 10:13 waiting from that time onward UNTIL HIS ENEMIES BE MADE A FOOTSTOOL FOR HIS FEET.

God has enemies. The unbeliever is an enemy. Satan and the fallen angels are enemies. They will be made a footstool for the Lord's feet. In other words they will all be brought into submission. And then they will spend eternity in the lake of fire for having rebelled against God.
Mike,
you still haven't answered what "glory" there is in God forcing people to "worship" Him.
What part of this is "glorious?" It sounds very selfish and self-serving.

Is an all-powerful God in need of giving glory to Himself by creating weak sinners to put into submission?
Why would God make man a sinner, then fight against him, and win (obviously, since He is God, who can even THINK of winning??)?
How does the fact that many do not confess Jesus as Lord mean that He is a "victor?" If so, how is that a "victory?"
Doesn't make much sense, really..

Peace,
brian

Old 08-14-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
in the last 50 years of good life-- i have not seen americans become better people.
Hi Huckleberry!
Yes, God is Just. I do believe this with all my heart.

That's why I don't believe that He makes people blind, just to punish them for not being able to see.

Blessings,
brian

Old 08-14-2010, 10:06 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Again Mike, the scriptures show that every tongue will eventually confess that Jesus is Lord,
The entire point of this thread is to explain that every tongue will acknowledge that Jesus is Lord. That includes unbelievers who will spend eterniy in hell. Therefore, how is it that you say to me, ''Again Mike, the scriptures show that every tongue will eventually confess that Jesus is Lord?''

Quote:
and I showed you directly from God's Word that it says that the only way to confess that Jesus is Lord is to have the Holy Spirit. That means that EVERYONE (since God's Word clearly says that everyone tongue shall confess) shall have the Holy Spirit.
I have already shown in post #23 that unbelievers when in the presence of the Lord undergoing judgment will acknowledge that Jesus is Lord. And that Jesus will then order them to depart from Him because He never knew them.

Here below is post #23 again.

Matthew 7:21-23 shows that when in the presence of the Lord in judgment, those who professed to be believers in Christ but were not, will indeed recognize that Christ is Lord. And then He will order them to depart from Him because He never knew them.

Matthew 7:21 ''Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father (the will of the Father is to believe in the Son) who is in heaven. 22] ''Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophecy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23] '''And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

During the dispensation of the church-age, Jesus Christ is in Heaven and seated at the right hand side of the throne of God the Father. He is not physically on the earth today. During the church-age, one of the ministries of God the Holy Spirit is to indwell the body of the believer (1 Cor 6:19). Only a believer who is indwelled by God the Holy Spirit can recognize that Jesus is Lord. But when standing in the presence of the Lord at the judgment which occurs at the end of the tribulation and at the Great White Throne judgment at the end of the Millennium a thousand years later, the unbeliever will indeed recognize and acknowledge the Lordship of Jesus. But Jesus will say to them that He never knew them. And then they will have no choice except to depart from His presence and into the eternal fire

Quote:
It is wonderful news. The gospel of Universal Salvation is superior to any other message.

You can't embrace hate and love together. God is love, he even hates with LOVE. But man's hatred excludes love. Man doesn't hate with love. The gospel of eternal torment is a gospel of hate without love.

The gospel of Eternal Torment is preaching a gospel of death where Sin gets dominion to keeps its subjects in eternal torment for the rest of eternity. It effectiveliy teaches that Jesus will fail to eradicate sin because it leaves the wicked to remain in eternal rebellion (sin) against God in a place of firey torment forevermore.

The master victor in Eternal Torment is SIN!!!
The gospel of eternal salvation is a false gospel and is a lie out of the mouth of Satan.

The victor in the angelic conflict is God. And it is God who prepared the lake of fire for the devil and His angels. Unbelieving humanity will also spend eternity there. Matthew 25:41,46.

Universalism opposes God and it opposes His written word.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:16 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,615,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Thank you!! Recognize the truth people! Our days of the good life living are almost up!! If your not right, get right with God now because once Jesus raptures the church, it's all over from there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity