Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 07:04 PM

143 posts, read 366,788 times

Advertisements

All Christians should be able to agree on this point. However not all matters of theology are crystal clear and some disagreement is to be expected, but when I disagree with someone I do not attack them personally or tell them that they are not a "true believer." Many people on this site have great ideas to share and I would encourage them to do so, but please be courteous to your brothers and sisters. In my opinion some of the posters on here do play the part of judge in some of their posts and I just wanted to point out that it is possible to disagree with someone without condemning them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 04:11 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,393,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceilinglamp View Post
All Christians should be able to agree on this point. However not all matters of theology are crystal clear and some disagreement is to be expected, but when I disagree with someone I do not attack them personally or tell them that they are not a "true believer." Many people on this site have great ideas to share and I would encourage them to do so, but please be courteous to your brothers and sisters. In my opinion some of the posters on here do play the part of judge in some of their posts and I just wanted to point out that it is possible to disagree with someone without condemning them.
Hi ceilinglamp!

I believe Jesus is Lord, because just as all men were under the condemnation of Adam no1, now all men are justified under Adam no2: Jesus! There is no other who has done this amazing work, no other who has lived as a True Adam is supposed to live. Only Jesus did it, and He's our friend, He loves us and He did it for everyone! He gave us His Life, we have a new inheritance! Hallelujah!

So the next time someone wants to remind you that you are a sinner because of a man 6,000 years ago who sinned, tell them that you are a saint because of a man 2,000 years ago who didn't!

GREAT thread, btw!

Blessings!!
Brian

Old 12-15-2010, 05:38 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,688,425 times
Default 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'

You cannot call Jesus Christ, Lord and willfully sin at the same time. If you choose to sin, then Jesus Christ is not your Lord, Satan is. If you choose to sin, you are not a child of God, but a child of the devil. It is either...or, one...or the other...never can you say in the same breath that "Jesus Christ is Lord" and live in your sin at the same time...that is an oxymoron...like saying one is a "mournful optimist." Do you live in your sin? Then yes, you should be mourning the state of your soul...because there is nothing to be optimistic about concerning your eternity...and where you will spend it.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23.

The truly righteous man attains life, but he who pursues evil goes to his death. Proverbs 11:19.

For every living soul belongs to me, the father as well as the son--both alike belong to me. The soul who sins is the one who will die. Ezekiel 18:4.

"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life." Matthew 25:46.

Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. John 4:36.

and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 2 Thessalonians 2:10

For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie. 2 Thessalonians 2:11.

and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. 2 Thessalonians 2:12.

But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 2 Thessalonians 2:13.

Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. Romans 1:28.

"They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, Romans 1:29.

slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; Romans 1:30.

they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Romans 1:31.

Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them." Romans 1:32.

Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? Romans 6:16.

The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; Romans 8:6.

For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, Romans 8:13.

The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Galatians 6:8.

Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. James 1:15.

....see the difference...?

In Christ love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

If these words were to condemn me...I would be asking myself a very crucial question........why...?......and then I would do something about it, to change that.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:50 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,463,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi ceilinglamp!

I believe Jesus is Lord, because just as all men were under the condemnation of Adam no1, now all men are justified under Adam no2: Jesus! There is no other who has done this amazing work, no other who has lived as a True Adam is supposed to live. Only Jesus did it, and He's our friend, He loves us and He did it for everyone! He gave us His Life, we have a new inheritance! Hallelujah!

So the next time someone wants to remind you that you are a sinner because of a man 6,000 years ago who sinned, tell them that you are a saint because of a man 2,000 years ago who didn't!

GREAT thread, btw!

Blessings!!
Brian
I like that Brian. It doesn't belittle sin(which i'm sure some would say), but magnify's what God has done.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:14 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,667,340 times
I see the "willful sin" judge and jury has arrived. We've all tried at some point Ceilinglamp to calm the seas of C-D with threads and posts like yours. But some people here just cannot refrain from playing judge and slinging accusations like "you're not a true believer if you don't believe as I do" sort of thing. It's just something we have to deal with here at C-D and it's why normally reasonable people such as myself get caught up in the mud slinging, it's just human nature to defend yourself. But welcome and hope you hang around!!

Old 12-15-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I like that Brian. It doesn't belittle sin(which i'm sure some would say), but magnify's what God has done.
Yes! I think we as humans tend to be so "sin-centered" that we just can't believe the idea that God could "just forgive us."
I'm quite sure that God knows about sin much more than we do; and as such, I am fairly reassured that He knows "the cure" and how to get it to every last soul..
In fact, when Jesus said, "it is finished," I think he meant it as truly "a done deal."

And we have a hard time believing it!! "Too good to be true!"

Blessings!
Brian

Old 12-15-2010, 06:41 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,463,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I see the "willful sin" judge and jury has arrived. We've all tried at some point Ceilinglamp to calm the seas of C-D with threads and posts like yours. But some people here just cannot refrain from playing judge and slinging accusations like "you're not a true believer if you don't believe as I do" sort of thing. It's just something we have to deal with here at C-D and it's why normally reasonable people such as myself get caught up in the mud slinging, it's just human nature to defend yourself. But welcome and hope you hang around!!
Exactly Ilene, we are all a work in progress, apart from those who think they they have arrived obviously. Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!", and Thomas proclaimed this by sight and not by faith, did Jesus tell him he was not his Lord because of this ?, of cause not.
Peter after his denial went back to fishing after he had denied Jesus 3 times, and an angel with a word from the Lord said "But go, tell his disciples and Peter" (you can stick your own name there)He's going ahead of you into Galilee, He's still your Lord when you feel at your worst,just like Peter did. Hard line fundamentalists would have you believe you have to be sinless for Jesus to be Lord of your life, nothing could be further from the truth, and the teaching of sin in ignorance and wilful sin, is a doctrine they have conjured up to excuse themselves and justify themselves.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:00 AM

We are saved, not because of anything we have done, but because of what He did.
Jesus is the "pattern son," and we are all called to follow His footsteps in order to fully enjoy the Life He has given us.
Adam no1 sinned, and brought condemnation to all; Adam no2 obeyed, and brought justification and grace to all.
It's just sooo beautiful!!
I hope others reading this can see it too!...

Blessings,
Brian

Old 12-15-2010, 09:54 AM

37 posts, read 44,376 times
It's a sad thing to believe something all ones life and then die and get to the afterlife and be looking around saying wth?

Old 12-15-2010, 12:42 PM

910 posts, read 1,343,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
You cannot call Jesus Christ, Lord and willfully sin at the same time. If you choose to sin, then Jesus Christ is not your Lord, Satan is. If you choose to sin, you are not a child of God, but a child of the devil. It is either...or, one...or the other...never can you say in the same breath that "Jesus Christ is Lord" and live in your sin at the same time...that is an oxymoron...like saying one is a "mournful optimist." Do you live in your sin? Then yes, you should be mourning the state of your soul...because there is nothing to be optimistic about concerning your eternity...and where you will spend it.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23.

The truly righteous man attains life, but he who pursues evil goes to his death. Proverbs 11:19.

For every living soul belongs to me, the father as well as the son--both alike belong to me. The soul who sins is the one who will die. Ezekiel 18:4.

"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life." Matthew 25:46.

Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. John 4:36.

and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 2 Thessalonians 2:10

For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie. 2 Thessalonians 2:11.

and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. 2 Thessalonians 2:12.

But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 2 Thessalonians 2:13.

Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. Romans 1:28.

"They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, Romans 1:29.

slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; Romans 1:30.

they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Romans 1:31.

Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them." Romans 1:32.

Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? Romans 6:16.

The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; Romans 8:6.

For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, Romans 8:13.

The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Galatians 6:8.

Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. James 1:15.

....see the difference...?

In Christ love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

If these words were to condemn me...I would be asking myself a very crucial question........why...?......and then I would do something about it, to change that.

Verna,

Are you without sin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity