Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 02:07 PM

910 posts, read 1,338,200 times

Advertisements

If the mere expression of the great name of Our Lord Jesus Christ is not a pretence, why do you indulge in terrible and unwholesome acts? You hate, you curse, even behind your computer you write abusive words and yet you call yourself a Christ follower? How do we reconcile this? On one hand you are a master in fornication, idolatry, gossiping, on the other hand, you proclaim profoundly and rebuke sternly with the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ. O man, God must bleed in his heart for you! I am sure His heart hurts because in the midst of ignorance, you claim wisdom, power and righteousness. Some claim to have studied the bible in seminaries, college of theology and universities. Where do you think you can go and acquire the knowledge of God? Who told you that there is a ‘Bible College’ and where is that college or institution? Have you forgotten what Christ said,’ Neither be ye called masters for one is your Master, even Christ” (Mt 23:10).

Somebody could claim to have graduated out of the university and he read Religious Studies but he still drinks, steals, fornicates, worships idols and indulges in all forms of immoralities. Were these part of the school curricula? If your course content is devoid of how to transform yourself and your fellow man, then there is no difference between you and an unbeliever. What have you got to show as a major in Theology?

Churches have sprung up with different names. The truth is that whether you establish numerous churches or not, you must practice the injunctions of God, otherwise you have ear marked yourself for condemnation. This, the Christ had explained : “Not everyone that calls me Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in Heaven (Mt 7:21)

The way to salvation is short, that is practice the injunctions of God. Any other thing, you are wasting your time!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 02:24 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
If the mere expression of the great name of Our Lord Jesus Christ is not a pretence, why do you indulge in terrible and unwholesome acts? You hate, you curse, even behind your computer you write abusive words and yet you call yourself a Christ follower? How do we reconcile this? On one hand you are a master in fornication, idolatry, gossiping, on the other hand, you proclaim profoundly and rebuke sternly with the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ. O man, God must bleed in his heart for you! I am sure His heart hurts because in the midst of ignorance, you claim wisdom, power and righteousness. Some claim to have studied the bible in seminaries, college of theology and universities. Where do you think you can go and acquire the knowledge of God? Who told you that there is a ‘Bible College’ and where is that college or institution? Have you forgotten what Christ said,’ Neither be ye called masters for one is your Master, even Christ” (Mt 23:10).

Somebody could claim to have graduated out of the university and he read Religious Studies but he still drinks, steals, fornicates, worships idols and indulges in all forms of immoralities. Were these part of the school curricula? If your course content is devoid of how to transform yourself and your fellow man, then there is no difference between you and an unbeliever. What have you got to show as a major in Theology?

Churches have sprung up with different names. The truth is that whether you establish numerous churches or not, you must practice the injunctions of God, otherwise you have ear marked yourself for condemnation. This, the Christ had explained : “Not everyone that calls me Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in Heaven (Mt 7:21)

The way to salvation is short, that is practice the injunctions of God. Any other thing, you are wasting your time!
Amen !

Old 05-25-2012, 05:12 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
See Jesus knows the works of men and will bless them or hold back blessing for those who become proud and deny Jesus name Were gifting come only to those who keep to the truth of Jesus Words and go and do what they are called to do .... For unbelief will have very little power and evangelist who stay at home will have very little witness of Jesus blessing ...... Like in Revelation 3 , where the Sardis church had a name from the past and was weak is watchmen prayer , but were Jesus had people who the Lord loved and He was going to hold up , then the Philadelphia church who were holy and were righteous in Jesus eyes but were persecuted by the Jews , Were Jesus said he would hold them up ...... See Jesus will bless those who obey His Word and calling and keep righteous in there lives were all the gifts of Holy Spirit will go and those who hate and condemn and control and hold to iniquity and confess legalism and faithlessness will find more lack of Holy Spirit and a lack witness of Jesus will be common place , were other ministries with plenty of prosperity in the gifting and witness of Christ will be condemned by people who lack Holy Spirit....Jesus said to believers who discern hypocrisy in the church and leaders ,... Seek the face of God for Prayer can turn around churches of leaders who are anointed and listen to God ....... For churches were faithlessness is common and spirit of antichrist is dominate than it is best to change churches , and go were you and your family will be blessed by God

Old 05-27-2012, 03:13 AM

910 posts, read 1,338,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
See Jesus knows the works of men and will bless them or hold back blessing for those who become proud and deny Jesus name Were gifting come only to those who keep to the truth of Jesus Words and go and do what they are called to do .... For unbelief will have very little power and evangelist who stay at home will have very little witness of Jesus blessing ...... Like in Revelation 3 , where the Sardis church had a name from the past and was weak is watchmen prayer , but were Jesus had people who the Lord loved and He was going to hold up , then the Philadelphia church who were holy and were righteous in Jesus eyes but were persecuted by the Jews , Were Jesus said he would hold them up ...... See Jesus will bless those who obey His Word and calling and keep righteous in there lives were all the gifts of Holy Spirit will go and those who hate and condemn and control and hold to iniquity and confess legalism and faithlessness will find more lack of Holy Spirit and a lack witness of Jesus will be common place , were other ministries with plenty of prosperity in the gifting and witness of Christ will be condemned by people who lack Holy Spirit....Jesus said to believers who discern hypocrisy in the church and leaders ,... Seek the face of God for Prayer can turn around churches of leaders who are anointed and listen to God ....... For churches were faithlessness is common and spirit of antichrist is dominate than it is best to change churches , and go were you and your family will be blessed by God
Good words, but I'd love for you to name that church anywhere on this planet!

Old 05-27-2012, 07:38 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Good words, but I'd love for you to name that church anywhere on this planet!
This church Marlbron.....can only be found within those one who live...walk....and abide in the truth of God's holy word by and through the Spirit of Truth in Jesus Christ.......

.....no "place" can you "go" to and find This Church.

Amen.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:55 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
"Religious propaganda dulls our awareness, holding humanity in bondage."

Old 05-28-2012, 04:29 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
Interesting point... I think sometimes we overlook something very profound from the word of God: God has said "if you love me obey me" We are big on the love part of that, but many of us fall way short on the obey part in following the precepts of God's Word, as if obedience is optional in christianity; yet, that is exactly how many churches and christians carry on... You cannot have love without obedience. There must be evidence of your love for God in the way you live your life. This "God knows and understands my shortcomings cause we all sin" mentality is in my opinion a symptom of self-deception/ delusion and rebellion against God.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:38 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,832,045 times
It's interesting that many people say, "I don't go to church because it's full of hypocrites" .... yet, the same folks think nothing of regularly visiting a grocery store or movie ... that is equally full of hypocrites!

Old 05-28-2012, 10:28 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,252,328 times
Sun queen wrote, "This "God knows and understands my shortcomings cause we all sin" mentality is in my opinion a symptom of self-deception/ delusion and rebellion against God." Just thought that was worthy of repeating.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:42 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
It's interesting that many people say, "I don't go to church because it's full of hypocrites" .... yet, the same folks think nothing of regularly visiting a grocery store or movie ... that is equally full of hypocrites!
Sinners sinners everywhere. Cant get out of bed without bumping in to one, cant look into the mirror without seeing one.

I think many who complain about churches filled with hypocrites are really saying they dont like the self serving pompousness of those who are all about how they are "saved". I know I sure feel that way. I guess I'm a pharisee and the publican kinda guy, if you get my drift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity