Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 06:29 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,321,711 times

Advertisements

This afternoon I was at TJ Maxx on Broadway near Clark/Diversey and I saw a man pushing a shopping cart around inside the store with his little dog in it! Now, I'm not up on my dog breeds, but I think this was some sort of terrier or something... looked a lot like Toto in The Wizard of Oz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 06:40 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,321,711 times
Today's "wish-I-had-a-camera-with-me" moment: Saw a gaggle of geese crossing Stockton Drive near the big duck pond (where the North Pond restaurant is located) in Lincoln Park this afternoon. They were more or less using the crosswalk in an orderly fashion, but had traffic stopped patiently waiting for them as they moseyed along, taking their own sweet time. The first driver to reach the crosswalk while the geese were crossing tooted his horn briefly, but the birds weren't about to be rushed. What a sight!

Old 08-25-2010, 07:59 AM

1,912 posts, read 5,447,540 times
I forgot about this thread. Last month I was over by the Walmart on North Av just east of Cicero at about 9 am. I'm waiting at a light and then look in front of me on the crosswalk to see a rotund, middle-aged man crossing the street wearing only a towel. No shirt, no shoes and likely no drawers.

Ultimate walk of shame or every day occurrence in Austin?

Old 08-25-2010, 10:50 AM

1,210 posts, read 3,063,670 times
I saw a woman walking a sheep in Old Town last Saturday. According to her it was a "domesticated lamb".

Old 08-25-2010, 11:17 AM

3,396 posts, read 7,214,622 times
One thing I see every now and then is bizarre vehicles, most of them from movies.

One day when I was driving on Western I looked in the rearview mirror and saw a MASSIVE, imposing truck coming up behind me. It had "Gotham SWAT Team" painted on it. I ended up seeing those quite a bit while they were filming Dark Knight. Recently I had tanks from the Transformers movie drive past me on Wacker.

Another time I was walking down Wacker and was surprised to see almost no cars on it, suddenly an Indy car turns onto Wacker heading towards me as I'm waiting for a walk signal - turned out Danica Patrick was doing some sort of promotional thing for Motorola and they shut down the street for a few minutes. The funniest part was that I had the walk signal and she stopped and waved me across.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:25 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,391,361 times
Another interesting moment, if you count hipster, flash-mobby stuff, occurred when was in Ukrainian Village a few years back and I saw a mime on a bike. I thought, "I may never see THAT again". I rounded the corner and saw dozens of mimes, all on bikes, making their way down Milwaukee, including one rigged with a boombox playing accordian tunes.

On the random bike front, I also saw a Honda on I-88 with one of those old-timey penny-farthing bikes on bike rack on the back. I guess you've gotta transfer them somehow, but it still got a double-take outta me.

Edit: Oh, and once I saw a bunch of trannies in a huge fight beating each other with traffic cones beside a stretch SUV limo that was rumored to contain RuPaul. That was something.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:23 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,268,404 times
After an Asia concert at the Auditorium Theater in the early '80's my buddy says "wouldn't it be cool to see the band up close?". Then at the next light we see a limo stopped next to us and my buddy says, that's them! Me and my other buddy think he's nuts or stoned (or both) as he leans out the car window yelling "You guys rock"!
Then the window comes down on the limo and the main band members smile, give us thumbs up and one even sticks his head out the sunroof to bask in the adulation! Light changes and we all drive away with us in disbelief.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:41 PM

622 posts, read 1,197,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surlycue View Post
I forgot about this thread. Last month I was over by the Walmart on North Av just east of Cicero at about 9 am. I'm waiting at a light and then look in front of me on the crosswalk to see a rotund, middle-aged man crossing the street wearing only a towel. No shirt, no shoes and likely no drawers.

Ultimate walk of shame or every day occurrence in Austin?
if he was rotund and middle-aged it was more likely a walk of pride!

Old 08-25-2010, 09:15 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,214,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
After an Asia concert at the Auditorium Theater in the early '80's ...
Now THAT is 80's!

Old 08-26-2010, 07:14 AM

400 posts, read 957,956 times
Just the other day I saw a guy riding his bike around
touhy in west rogers park and he had his dog on his left shoulder.

Pretty good balance for the little dog. Not sure what kind it was.

And speaking of balance there is this african lady
in Rogers Park and she can balance alot of stuff on her head
like her laundry and groceries. Not something you see very often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago