Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 07:22 AM

104 posts, read 288,773 times

Advertisements

I apologize if this has been addressed before; I thought my wife had asked a very similar question a month or so ago, but the search function didn't pull it up for me.

We just moved to Chicago from Virginia, where we had an awesome vet for our two dogs. I am hoping we can find a vet as good as the one we had. I really need to find one kind of quick because my old vet is not allowed to ship prescription ear medicine for my dog to Illinois.

We would prefer a vet in Logan Square or the immediate area, but if the vet is really good, we are willing to take a bit of a drive to get there. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 08:13 AM

3,396 posts, read 7,237,618 times
Dr. Diaz at VCA lakeshore is great. He was our dog's vet for over 14 years, really great guy. We had good experiences with all the vets there, but he was our regular vet.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
Dr. Diaz at VCA lakeshore is great. He was our dog's vet for over 14 years, really great guy. We had good experiences with all the vets there, but he was our regular vet.
Thanks. I think that VCA Lakeshore was the one that was mentioned to my wife previously that I was intending to contact. I'll definitely check them out.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:34 AM

57 posts, read 158,144 times
My wife and I have taken our kittens to Animal Ark on Kedzie just north of Belmont. It's not quite Logan Square, but just north of it. We've found this place to be very good. The staff is professional, but very caring and the vets are knowledgeable and open to questions. The facility is also very clean.

We've been there twice and have had good experiences both times.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:27 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,463,968 times
Not sure if you've ever used www.yelp.com but it's a good place to find quality reviews. I use Roscoe Village Animal Hospital - Roscoe Village - Chicago, IL and am really happy with them for my bulldog.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:07 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,737,362 times
Can go into this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chica...endations.html

Old 02-12-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Thanks Avengerfire. You managed to find the thread my wife started that I was unable to find when I searched for it.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:37 PM

9 posts, read 20,573 times
I can highly recommend Jewell Animal Hospital. It's in Lincoln Square, but that's a pretty short drive from Logan Square. They were very thorough and helpful, and they explained things about my cat's allergy to vaccinations that none of my previous vets have ever explained. They got good reviews on Yelp, which is why I went to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago