Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:18 AM

483 posts, read 1,221,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by west lawn kid View Post
85 miles an hour on a city ROAD and DUI is on even ground.
Actually, no it's not. 40 over and under is a ticket, 41+ is Aggravated Speeding, a class A misdemeanor. A DUI is also a class A misdemeanor. Close, but not close enough. I'm not saying that you should fly around everywhere you go, but a sober speeding motorist has way more control and is paying more attention than a drunk motorist who is not speeding. Way to try and justify another corrupt Chicago cops actions.

The speed limit coming into the circle is 45, you mean to tell me if it was 3am and there was nobody else on the road you would slow down to 45? Very doubtful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 01:01 PM

6 posts, read 9,261 times
Yes, that is crap on CPD's part, no doubt. But I was pulled over one time on the Westside. I was obviously in the wrong part of town at the wrong time (friday night). There were two officers. They asked to search my car, I gave them permission. They found cash that I had under my seat and they came back and gave it to me. After they sent me on my way, with no ticket and a warning to stay away from the Westside, I counted the cash ($120) in $1's, $5's, and $10's, and it was all there. There are a lot of good Chicago police officers! Don't let the few small ones poison the whole group. And, by the way, if someone does mess with you in your neighborhood (say Lakeview, Lincoln Park), these guys will serve justice on them, I promise.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:09 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,429,082 times
I love cops!

Old 03-12-2009, 02:03 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,391,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgic View Post
And, by the way, if someone does mess with you in your neighborhood (say Lakeview, Lincoln Park), these guys will serve justice on them, I promise.
It's not their job to serve justice- just protect and serve

Old 03-12-2009, 02:09 PM

161 posts, read 389,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidex View Post
Actually, no it's not. 40 over and under is a ticket, 41+ is Aggravated Speeding, a class A misdemeanor. A DUI is also a class A misdemeanor. Close, but not close enough. I'm not saying that you should fly around everywhere you go, but a sober speeding motorist has way more control and is paying more attention than a drunk motorist who is not speeding. Way to try and justify another corrupt Chicago cops actions.

The speed limit coming into the circle is 45, you mean to tell me if it was 3am and there was nobody else on the road you would slow down to 45? Very doubtful.
Have you ever head of an intersection? you know the place on the road that other cars drive accros the road, well if a car comes out of nowhere, it gets pretty hard to slow down quickly at 80mph without the assitance of a wall or a street lamp. just a thought

Old 03-12-2009, 02:15 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,391,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west lawn kid View Post
Have you ever head of an intersection? you know the place on the road that other cars drive accros the road, well if a car comes out of nowhere, it gets pretty hard to slow down quickly at 80mph without the assitance of a wall or a street lamp. just a thought
I agree he was going too fast, but there arent too many intersections on Lake Shore Drive- I think they're in the Hyde Park area and near Grant Park- other than that smooth sailing

Old 03-13-2009, 05:12 AM

184 posts, read 766,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottl333 View Post
hes one in 13,000 cpd officers.
...which makes it easier to get away with his individual corrupt behavior.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:07 PM

161 posts, read 389,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel2000 View Post
...which makes it easier to get away with his individual corrupt behavior.
yes likebeing one in 2.5 million people in Chicago letsme get away with my corrupt ways
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: