Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 12:12 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,896 times

Advertisements

How can you not say the Cubs? The biggest championship drought in professional sports history? And they still have a HUGE fanbase...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 02:23 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,240,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I'm a born and raised Cubs fan. With that said, Sox fans are more loyal. When is the last time you saw a Cubs fan jump out of the stands and beat up a base coach? Now THAT'S loyalty.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:25 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,166,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet123 View Post
I think most Cubs fans go there for three things: beer, sun, and the ballpark.
As well as the neighborhood bar scene and the female contigent. But not so much for the baseball game (not all of them of course, but more so than on the southside).

Old 02-27-2009, 03:02 PM

308 posts, read 757,688 times
I'm sorry, but as a Cubs fan, I'm really getting sick of the whole "Cubs fans don't care about the team, just drinking" stereotype.

If that was simply the case, how come the Cubs draw so many fans while playing on the road? I was in Pittsburgh last year to see the Cubs and there were tons of Cubs fans. I talked to many who similarly drove there or flew there to see the Cubs play. I don't see many, if any cities that there are thousands of White Sox fans at away games.

Also, if you think you go to the White Sox games and every fan is there intent on watching the game and not drinking, then you are not being honest.

I am not going to lie - there are a ton of Cubs fans who go because it's cool and because it's fun to be there and to drink - trust me, I hate those fans! I am a younger Cubs fan, 25, but I go there to watch game. I never leave my seat because I don't want to miss a pitch and I know a lot of fans like that too. I also have several White Sox fan friends who know maybe 5% of the knowledge that Cubs fan friends have abou the Cubs. To be completely honest, I know a lot more about the White Sox than most of my White Sox friends. Maybe my friends are just bad White Sox fans, but if that's the case, then that's my point of view.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:05 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Did I strike a nerve with a Sox fan?

Old 02-27-2009, 03:11 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UICJohn View Post
I also have several White Sox fan friends who know maybe 5% of the knowledge that Cubs fan friends have abou the Cubs.
Yeah, that stands to reason. So what?

Old 02-27-2009, 03:13 PM

308 posts, read 757,688 times
I meant to say that they know about 5% about the White Sox compared to what Cubs fans know about the Cubs. I'm just saying these are people that I know. Is it everyone? No.

However, do all Cubs fans only like the Cubs because of Wrigley and beer? No!

Old 02-27-2009, 03:34 PM

527 posts, read 1,245,000 times
Default yeh

TITCR what he said. UICJohn is probably not running around with the tourist fans, the do exist en masse for Cubbies though..

Quote:
I meant to say that they know about 5% about the White Sox compared to what Cubs fans know about the Cubs. I'm just saying these are people that I know. Is it everyone? No.

However, do all Cubs fans only like the Cubs because of Wrigley and beer? No!

Old 02-27-2009, 04:34 PM

179 posts, read 480,887 times
Quote:
I am not going to lie - there are a ton of Cubs fans who go because it's cool and because it's fun to be there and to drink - trust me, I hate those fans!
Yeah, really! How dare they going to a game just to have fun? This is serious business man.
I once went to a Cubs game w/o even really knowing the rules of baseball. Lucky me the true fan police didn't catch me.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:29 PM

527 posts, read 1,245,000 times
Default Yeh!

You don't have to be serious, or an expert. being able to hold your liquor, your tongue, and a baseball bat never hurts in life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Control Freak View Post
Yeah, really! How dare they going to a game just to have fun? This is serious business man.
I once went to a Cubs game w/o even really knowing the rules of baseball. Lucky me the true fan police didn't catch me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago