Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 09:52 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,114,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxdurden View Post
What enforcers are these? If they are black -- it might work. If you are talking about sending a largely white or non-black squadron to patrol "unruly negroes" you will have problems. The best way for people to deal with this situation short-term and long-term is to invest not just policing, but in community development which gives people a sense of purpose and control.

Most people whom commit crime are evolved in such lifestyle patterns because of perpetuated disenfranchisement.

If you send in the Farrakhan squad, it will give more legitimacy to the situation of why there are black men patrolling the area versus perceived racist white corrupt cops.
How long have you lived in Chicago? Obviously you are not a native...otherwise, you would know of the "enforcers" that are a very big part of the history (and present day) of this city. (and, they are not necessarily police, either) Colour does not matter to them. Just do anything that might harm their take...and, well, you will have met your match...and, then some.

Have no need for hate-mongers. Just a few folks to take control. I am sure that Daley will know who to call....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 10:08 PM

161 posts, read 391,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxdurden View Post
What enforcers are these? If they are black -- it might work. If you are talking about sending a largely white or non-black squadron to patrol "unruly negroes" you will have problems. The best way for people to deal with this situation short-term and long-term is to invest not just policing, but in community development which gives people a sense of purpose and control.

Most people whom commit crime are evolved in such lifestyle patterns because of perpetuated disenfranchisement.

If you send in the Farrakhan squad, it will give more legitimacy to the situation of why there are black men patrolling the area versus perceived racist white corrupt cops.
Your right, sometimes we have to throw away proper judgement, and laws; and work with the skum of the earth in order to slove our problems.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:22 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,859,151 times
i love chicago, but too many dont think there is a crime problem
its not violence its just "gooning".

Old 04-18-2009, 10:34 PM

161 posts, read 391,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i love chicago, but too many dont think there is a crime problem
its not violence its just "gooning".
yea there is a crime problem but mostly in the inner southside.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:36 PM

10,260 posts, read 21,884,156 times
Ole CX might be on to something. History gives us lessons; for instance Apache scouts working for the Army were invaluable in chasing down hostile Apaches. The scouts knew the haunts and habits of the hostiles and their credibility among their people made information available to them that wasn't to the regulars.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...m29/scouts.jpg

Last edited by aragx6; 04-20-2009 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: copyrighted?

Old 04-18-2009, 11:09 PM

49 posts, read 100,680 times
Actually I think it’s an idea worth exploring. If not the FOI (due to PR) but maybe some other groups. I understand Rev Meeks and Rev Moss, have congregations of thousands maybe they can develop some form of a unit. Also they’re plenty of Prince Hall brothers (sisters) that can provide some influence.

There are a few things that must be iron out though, such as who pays for training /screening, and once done do they have officer of the peace entitlement/credentials.

Hey stay with it, all great things started from an idea.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:43 AM

75 posts, read 202,433 times
Yeah -- I mean, the NOI tried doing this before when they received tens of millions of dollars in loans from HUD back in the 80's and 90's and eventually it was stopped because of the lobbying efforts of the ADL. The NOI is the only serious black organization that has the security and intelligence apparatuses set up to deal effectively with various crime situations.

Maybe it won't be set up by the Nation, but you can have members of the Nation be apart of a larger project.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:49 PM

367 posts, read 1,211,704 times
It's obvious, but I'll say it anyway. Very many of these 'bangers would hang it up if they could get a job that pays better than running than drugs and so forth (which pays very little). But that's a tough one. There are not many jobs for unskilled laborers anymore, and the ones that there are pay low wages, offer no security and are disappearing in droves. And making matters worse, there are just no jobs period anywhere near the high crime areas.

I know it is up "them" to pull themselves up by their bootstraps or whatever. But still you must observe this is one thing that is different from 50 years ago in Chicago, when the south, SW and SE sides were bustling industrial areas. And anyone with a strong back and ability to show up on time could have a secure job.

I guess I'm trying to say that maybe it would reduce violent crime if the NOI or some other highly motivated community group started busting heads and patrolling vigilantly in the ghetto. But even if they slow this stuff down, I wonder what they expect all the unemployed 12-30 yo males committing most of the crimes to do all day. Just stay at home and watch TV?

Old 04-19-2009, 01:45 PM

10,260 posts, read 21,884,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatpuff View Post
I wonder what they expect all the unemployed 12-30 yo males committing most of the crimes to do all day. Just stay at home and watch TV?

Maybe. One problem at a time.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:04 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,071,928 times
they did this and the once righteous black organizations (Such as the Vice Lords and P Stones) turned into heroin pushing violent gangs. I don't think such organizations can be trusted with large sums government money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: