Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 01:52 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,146 times

Advertisements

Oh comeone Cubssoxfan, this is first chance for Republicans in four years to go on offense...I don't blame them, you got to score points somehow, somewhere. As far as the association goes they have a better chance accusing me of sleeping with a 5'10 brazilian bombshell in my office than paint Blago and Obama as friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 02:05 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
they have a better chance accusing me of sleeping with a 5'10 brazilian bombshell in my office than paint Blago and Obama as friends.
I think this is true for anyone from Illinois who knows anything about the situation, but in the other 49 states Obama's dislike of Blago isn't as well known.

I keep telling people that Blago was the only democratic governor not invited to speak at the dem's convention -- that should really tell you something about their relationship!!

Old 12-10-2008, 02:21 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,673 times
Jesse, Jr. will be meeting with the Feds on Monday.
I don't think he will come out of this unscathed.
I am listening to the interview now.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:53 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
BTW Lookoutkid how is my old neighborhood? I used to live on Argyle, between Clark and Broadway, mid 90s when it was known as Vietnamese Village. Borders looks horrible in place of Goldblats.
I'm in Buena Park near the lake, and the neighborhood has changed a lot in certain areas--not so much in others. Buena Park is about 90% gentrified. And the gentrified border areas of Uptown are pushing in on all sides (from Andersonville, Lakeview, and Ravenswood). Central Uptown is still pretty seedy, but not nearly as bad as it used to be. Several condo developments (like islands or outposts) have been plopped into the middle of Uptown's worst areas, and the intersection of Lawrence and Broadway has seen a FEW really nice businesses come in. But there are still a lot of shelters and treatment centers, and things won't change until they are gone--along with Helen Shiller.

Say what you will about the Borders, but it was an empty building (Goldblatt's) and flophouse (Plymouth Hotel) before this new development.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:07 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,146 times
yeah boy, when I come from LSD to take the Wilson to Broadway or Lawrence to Broadway almost nothing has changed, the Aragon, Riviera, the halfway houses but then going west from Broadway on it almost looks like Lakeview.......ah the Goldblatt's I have very fine memory of, and that little Gyros shop at the corner of Lawrence and Broadway across from Riviera....best fries in the city.....hopefully the old man Greek still owns it. Amundsen High School was also the experience I shall never forget.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnparker View Post
His wife was a one time real estate darling in Chicago, earning more than 700k in commissions, but since Rezko's case, business has dried up for her. She then came up with the idea of selling a senate seat with the governor to shore up their finances.
Yes, when all else fails, blame the woman!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:18 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,211,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, when all else fails, blame the woman!
I don't think anyone is blaming her for anything Blago did, but looking at what she is saying on the tapes, and what she has been doing, it is most likely just a matter of time before she is indicted.

Quote:
She angled to trade her husband's power for lucrative spots on corporate boards. And she unleashed an obscenity-filled tirade suggesting Tribune Co. ownership should "just fire" Chicago Tribune editorial writers if the company wanted the state to help it unload Wrigley Field to ease its crushing debt.

"Hold up that [expletive] Cubs [expletive]," she is quoted as saying in the background as her husband talked on the phone, authorities alleged. "[Expletive] them.".......

She grew up the oldest daughter of longtime ward boss Ald. Richard Mell (33rd), bearing witness to the ways of the Chicago Machine since grade school.

Patricia Blagojevich famously feuded with her father after Mell accused the governor of pay-to-play politics in 2005, though they briefly reconciled after her mother's death two years ago.
If Dick Mell is your father, and HE stops talking to you because he thinks you're corrupt....wow....just, wow.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:27 PM

591 posts, read 664,013 times
Cool Gov. Of illinois

I was born in Chicago and now live in California. Yes, I believe it. My question is how many more of our Gov. are like this? Its a shame, there maybe some honest ones too. ladybee

Old 12-10-2008, 09:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
I don't think anyone is blaming her for anything Blago did, but looking at what she is saying on the tapes, and what she has been doing, it is most likely just a matter of time before she is indicted.

If Dick Mell is your father, and HE stops talking to you because he thinks you're corrupt....wow....just, wow.
Perhaps, but to say it was all her idea to sell the Senate seat is passing the buck. Blago is a crook.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:41 PM

773 posts, read 2,631,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Perhaps, but to say it was all her idea to sell the Senate seat is passing the buck. Blago is a crook.
And she is Blago's Lady Macbeth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago