Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 10:54 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I fixed "custody" are you have now Avenger :P
Yes. Thank you so much! You guys should do that more often!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnparker View Post
His wife was a one time real estate darling in Chicago, earning more than 700k in commissions, but since Rezko's case, business has dried up for her. She then came up with the idea of selling a senate seat with the governor to shore up their finances.
Yeah. One of the projects she worked on was the townhouses at Irving Park and the River.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I think this is true for anyone from Illinois who knows anything about the situation, but in the other 49 states Obama's dislike of Blago isn't as well known.

I keep telling people that Blago was the only democratic governor not invited to speak at the dem's convention -- that should really tell you something about their relationship!!
There actually has never been that much dislike between the two until fairly recently. Of course now there is dislike because Obama has dissed Blago over and over, over (;-0) the last year and a half or so.

All this says is Obama knew Blago was like dynamite. Most people have known this for the last couple of years. It is not that they did not get along.

It was a clear effort to distance himself from a governor that was under investigation and suspicion. Obama was thinking ahead. That is all.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:05 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,211,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Perhaps, but to say it was all her idea to sell the Senate seat is passing the buck. Blago is a crook.
I don't think anyone is saying he is not a crook - but she was right there from the get go, participating in the calls about selling the Senate seat and making it clear what she wanted for herself:

Quote:
The affidavit also alleges she participated in a two-hour conference call last month in which she, Gov. Rod Blagojevich and his aides discussed selling Obama's seat in exchange for her placement on paid corporate boards. Patricia Blagojevich suggested she would be qualified for such positions because she has a background in real estate and appraisals, while the governor stated that he hoped she would pull in at least $150,000 annually to alleviate the family's "financial stress," according to the complaint.
This was something they both did together (in addition to many other things) and they both share the blame equally. I think the only reason she hasn't been indicted is that Fitzgerald is going to try to get Blago to plead guilty in exchange for not prosecuting her.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:04 PM

Looks like the story is starting to widen.

"I have never spoken to the governor on this subject," Obama said. "I am confident that no representatives of mine would have any part of any deals related to this seat."
Man behind curtain is wizard of Rod, Rahm -- chicagotribune.com

"Emanuel talked with the governor in the days following the Nov. 4 election and pressed early on for the appointment of Valerie Jarrett to the post, sources with knowledge of the conversations told the Sun-Times."
Emanuel talked directly to gov: source :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Gov. Blagojevich (http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/blagojevich/1337789,CST-NWS-rahm18good.article - broken link)

Old 02-16-2009, 01:05 AM

They are getting close to Patti too:

Patti Blagojevich's problems could get worse :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Michael Sneed (http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/1429050,CST-NWS-SNEED13.article?extpar=chist - broken link)

Old 02-16-2009, 01:16 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,370,617 times
It is really a messed up a situation. You've got his Milorad-ness still spinning tales about how he was / is "fighting for the people", saying this was just some elaborate plot to raise taxes, crazy people falling for it, his wacky wife broke, the kids (oy!)

Old 02-16-2009, 11:42 AM

2,242 posts, read 6,240,131 times
I went to his house yesterday!!!

Old 02-16-2009, 01:48 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I went to his house yesterday!!!
Is there a "Venom" tag on his garage door now?

Old 02-16-2009, 02:58 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,240,131 times
Hell no, he probably has secret service and stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago