Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 01:35 PM

2 posts, read 2,224 times

Advertisements

[quote=Cindy59;17900882]OK your choice, but why should someone who is shallow minded like u who is more concerned about how many people who are black on section 8, think that we should belive your "so called" percentage figures!! So don't ever say u do not sterotype section 8 tenants because u just did!!! Not to mention if your property is in humbolt park where there is crime, murders, rapes, drugs and gangs among other things, who wants to live there anyway and u are probably are a slum landlord so that's another reason why u probably don't want to rent to section 8, because u would probably not qualify anyway. Besides how many "PERFECT TENANTS" have u rented 2 that are not on SECTION 8! Working in eviction court I see way more people in court being evicted who are not on section 8 !!!! So do the stats on that will u, since everything is so racial to U!!!![/
I agree with you. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a slum lord. he should be glad that anybody would want to rent from period in that area. I am a voucher holder for about six months. but before that I have been a homeowner for about ten years. but I plan on being back into a home by next year. I ended up selling my home due to I was laid off from hostess cake who is no longer any more. people shouldn't judge sec.8. I must admit there are some voucher holders make it look and sound bad. I am one of those people who will be a great tenant to any landlord. I was once a landlord. you never know how things and events can change a person life style. great commit though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 04:04 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,073,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiin View Post
I would like to say that I have a sec.8; it is a great apportunity for me and my husband who want to go back to college after many years of working and supporting our family back home. However it is been a chalange to find apartments that except sec. 8 in the Evanston area. We have no kids and we are quet and respectful people. We need a chance.
Then don't move to Evanston. Good luck!!

Old 05-24-2013, 07:07 PM

263 posts, read 568,116 times
The Cook County board has recently added Section 8 voucher holders as a protected class across the whole of Cook County. Meaning that property owners are no longer allowed to refuse Section 8 voucher holders solely for the reason that they are a Section 8 voucher holder. Previously, only about 6 municipalities (Chicago, Skokie, I forget the rest?) prohibited discrimination due to source of income, as it is called.

As a previous poster mentioned, the safety net is good for those that are elderly, disabled, or temporarily on hard times. Unfortunately, I have personally seen many people who abuse the system and have given up altogether on trying to find gainful employment and have become experts at getting as much as they can from the government.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:45 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,980,515 times
I hate prejudice people! They know more about you and your demographic than you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago