Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2008, 04:29 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Oh yeah, I remember those. It's for the better anyways, as Wisconsin has more small farmers as opposed to the megafarms out in CA anyways.
Remember them? They're still running. And they're still putting out new ones. And the latest is more openly mocking than ever. See here (broken link) for the latest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 02:12 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Remember them? They're still running. And they're still putting out new ones. And the latest is more openly mocking than ever. See here (broken link) for the latest.
That's just terrible. I'm never buying another dairy product from California if I can help it.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:02 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
That's just terrible. I'm never buying another dairy product from California if I can help it.
I wont buy any dairy from CA to begin with. Their smug attitude and stupidity is reason enough alone.

I hereby propose a new WI dairy commercial aimed at attacking CA dairy farms... it should go something like this.

"Sweaty, anorexic, parched, smog-breathing, fire-scorched, earthquake shaken, mud covered, valley girl/surfer/gangbanger/illegal, overpriced, big-headed cows with low IQ's come from California."

Old 08-19-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I wont buy any dairy from CA to begin with. Their smug attitude and stupidity is reason enough alone.

I hereby propose a new WI dairy commercial aimed at attacking CA dairy farms... it should go something like this.

"Sweaty, anorexic, parched, smog-breathing, fire-scorched, earthquake shaken, mud covered, valley girl/surfer/gangbanger/illegal, overpriced, big-headed cows with low IQ's come from California."
Over in the Wisconsin forum, they had some suggestions for the Wisconsin Dairy Board for retaliatory commercials, including the following:
  • Cows running from wildfires.
  • Cows sliding in landslides.
  • Cows falling in crack from earthquake (though they actually do come close to that one here (broken link)).
  • Cows crossing road and being hit by Britney Spears/Lindsey Lohan/whoever is the latest debutard who can't drive.
  • Cows being benched by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
  • Cows passing out from heatstroke.
  • Cows brains melting from hearing surfers talk.
  • Cows getting lost in smog.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:43 PM

77 posts, read 274,854 times
i agree 100%

Old 08-20-2008, 12:36 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,761,762 times
Quote:
And when they thought would be a great idea to run an ad campaign in the Midwest mocking the Midwest, I decided it would be a great idea to check every dairy package to make sure it wasn't produced in California. Those commercials are a great example of the smug self-satisfaction that many can't stand about California culture.
Ok I love Chicago and i visit there often since my dad lives out there. But I live in Orange County and visit Los Angeles a lot too. But what people from Chicago don't understand is that people from LA arent really how they are portrayed in shows and movies all the time. You think LA is smug yet you guys are the ones prancing around glorifying Chicago and then you bash LA even when its not even brought up. Grow UP. The Cheese commercials in California werent created by its citizens btw, but by large dairy corporations so i doubt you can base an entire population by a commercial. Also alot of Chicagoans think LA is so superficial and judgemental yet when they get off a plane and get on the freeway they judge like mad. "Oh this traffic is terrible", "(Driving through Compton) omg LA is such a gang ridden area". They base their opinions on first impressions without even seeing the city. It's pretty pathetic if you ask me. You say Chicago gets beat up alot on these forums? Not nearly as much as Chicagoans beat up on LA. Why? Idk maybe because it past its population 30 some odd years ago and Chicago doesnt like being third in the Nation in that category. Who cares.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:40 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,761,762 times
Quote:
Over in the Wisconsin forum, they had some suggestions for the Wisconsin Dairy Board for retaliatory commercials, including the following:
  • Cows running from wildfires.
  • Cows sliding in landslides.
  • Cows falling in crack from earthquake (though they actually do come close to that one here (broken link)).
  • Cows crossing road and being hit by Britney Spears/Lindsey Lohan/whoever is the latest debutard who can't drive.
  • Cows being benched by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
  • Cows passing out from heatstroke.
  • Cows brains melting from hearing surfers talk.
  • Cows getting lost in smog.
Haha. Completely ignorant. Wildfires in the Central Valley? No. Landslides in the flattest place in Califorina? No. Earthquakes happening so often that its driving everyone mad? No. Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears are not California Natives. Heatstroke? Yea it can get hot in the Central Valley, but not humid. Cows raised by the beach? Haha nope. Lost in smog? Are you serious, if youve ever been to California youd know it wasnt that bad.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:44 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelers247 View Post
Haha. Completely ignorant. Wildfires in the Central Valley? No. Landslides in the flattest place in Califorina? No. Earthquakes happening so often that its driving everyone mad? No. Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears are not California Natives. Heatstroke? Yea it can get hot in the Central Valley, but not humid. Cows raised by the beach? Haha nope. Lost in smog? Are you serious, if youve ever been to California youd know it wasnt that bad.
You need a sense of humor.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelers247 View Post
Ok I love Chicago and i visit there often since my dad lives out there. But I live in Orange County and visit Los Angeles a lot too. But what people from Chicago don't understand is that people from LA arent really how they are portrayed in shows and movies all the time. You think LA is smug yet you guys are the ones prancing around glorifying Chicago and then you bash LA even when its not even brought up. Grow UP. The Cheese commercials in California werent created by its citizens btw, but by large dairy corporations so i doubt you can base an entire population by a commercial. Also alot of Chicagoans think LA is so superficial and judgemental yet when they get off a plane and get on the freeway they judge like mad. "Oh this traffic is terrible", "(Driving through Compton) omg LA is such a gang ridden area". They base their opinions on first impressions without even seeing the city. It's pretty pathetic if you ask me. You say Chicago gets beat up alot on these forums? Not nearly as much as Chicagoans beat up on LA. Why? Idk maybe because it past its population 30 some odd years ago and Chicago doesnt like being third in the Nation in that category. Who cares.
Go away.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:04 PM

304 posts, read 904,787 times
yea its sad how the perceptons chicagoans have on California arent true for the most part
or the "natural disasters" they think we live amongst dont really affect us the way they THINK

yet all the things we say about chicago are true such as being an overgrown midwestern city, bad location, bad weather, not much glamour

just pointing that out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago