Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2008, 06:11 PM

990 posts, read 3,186,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
yea its sad how the perceptons chicagoans have on California arent true for the most part
or the "natural disasters" they think we live amongst dont really affect us the way they THINK

yet all the things we say about chicago are true such as being an overgrown midwestern city, bad location, bad weather, not much glamour

just pointing that out
I cannot believe your ignorance, you just love to start things don't you. You just can't stop your caddy little attacks, instead of smearing Chicago you should be helping users in LA who need help with local info that involves your town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 06:27 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Oh goody, the California Troll Patrol is in full swing.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:26 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Remember them? They're still running. And they're still putting out new ones. And the latest is more openly mocking than ever. See here (broken link) for the latest.
Ha...well then. Guess I haven't been watching much tv lately. Time to get me some Wisconsin dairy.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:49 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,366,159 times
Quote:
Over in the Wisconsin forum, they had some suggestions for the Wisconsin Dairy Board for retaliatory commercials, including the following:
  • Cows running from wildfires.
  • Cows sliding in landslides.
  • Cows falling in crack from earthquake (though they actually do come close to that one here (broken link)).
  • Cows crossing road and being hit by Britney Spears/Lindsey Lohan/whoever is the latest debutard who can't drive.
  • Cows being benched by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
  • Cows passing out from heatstroke.
  • Cows brains melting from hearing surfers talk.
  • Cows getting lost in smog.
Too funny. I'll vote for cows sitting in traffic on a freeway in the smog.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:54 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Cows having "a water".

Old 08-21-2008, 03:59 PM

2 posts, read 4,534 times
Hey our cows are good too!

Old 08-21-2008, 06:12 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
That Oberweiss guy has some good cows and pasture. His milk is like heroin, if I put a bottle to my lips I can't stop.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:20 PM

595 posts, read 2,743,042 times
Quote:
Over in the Wisconsin forum, they had some suggestions for the Wisconsin Dairy Board for retaliatory commercials, including the following:
  • Cows running from wildfires.
  • Cows sliding in landslides.
  • Cows falling in crack from earthquake (though they actually do come close to that one here (broken link)).
  • Cows crossing road and being hit by Britney Spears/Lindsey Lohan/whoever is the latest debutard who can't drive.
  • Cows being benched by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
  • Cows passing out from heatstroke.
  • Cows brains melting from hearing surfers talk.
  • Cows getting lost in smog.

funny

I'd like to see one of those commercials!

Oh, and I second the "cows sitting in traffic on a freeway in the smog" vote.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:35 PM

784 posts, read 2,265,513 times
I have been to New York about ten times seeing how I live in New York state. I have been to Los Angeles twice, and Chicago three times. First off no city in the country has the energy that NYC has. LA is boring sprawled out and suburbish but it has its good qualities as w

Old 08-22-2008, 08:41 PM

784 posts, read 2,265,513 times
I have been to all three places more than once. Basically NYC is awesome, there is an energy there like no other. LA is cool too. I like the vibe but different type of setting from Chi town and NY. Chicago was very cool as well and I did not get a midwest feel. I got a big international city feel. Both NY and chi town have an energy. the difference is in NY there is an energy throughout the whole city. In chicago there is an energy in some parts, and LA I did not feel any energy at all. More of a suburbish feel. I remember the first time in downtown LA, I thought, this is it. In Chicago I was in awe, but not quite like NY. However I agree with many others if your looking for a big city feel without the super high cost then Chi town is probably your best bet. However if you can afford it and you want a big city feel then theres no place like New York. As far as LA is concerned....well...you got colorful houses and cool movie posters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago