Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 01:54 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,209,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
So is one to believe that a fifteen year old at a park would be alive had she "walked with purpose"???

Hadiya Pendleton funeral: 'This should hurt the hearts of every man' - Los Angeles Times
Yes, Chet, of course, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Stick to the suburbs, douchebag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 09:15 PM

527 posts, read 600,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
Yes, Chet, of course, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Stick to the suburbs, douchebag.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ChiNaan again.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:50 AM

2,502 posts, read 4,439,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
Edit: Goddammit, just responded to yet another zombie thread. Why do people bring these back?
Jsc27 Brought it back. What's the problem with bringing back a thread that was completely on topic for what she wanted to know? Would you rather Jsc27 had started a completely new thread about going to Reggies? Why, when she found a perfectly good thread already in existence?

I just don't understand the hatred against "old threads." The rules of many forums tell you to search and try to find threads already in existence, before creating a new one. Jsc27 did the right thing.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:03 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,874,143 times
Don't go any further south and you will be fine. Cross 22nd and you are in danger. Grave danger.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:18 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,403,413 times
Default That is just silly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
Don't go any further south and you will be fine. Cross 22nd and you are in danger. Grave danger.
There is not a whole lot of anything on State St. south of McCormick Place but that hardly qualifies as "grave danger". It is easy enough to turn around in the McCormick Place complex but heading south to IIT is not going to increase one's risk in a vehicle to any significant degree.

That said there is too much random violence on the south side and those who foolishly believe merely "walking with purpose" is all that is needed deserve to be pilloried. There are sadly many parts of the south side where regular working people are in near constant threat of some idiot banger with poor aim / no skills in accurately identifying rivals killing innocents. Somewhat ironically the desolate stretches of State St are safer because even the "bad guys" have nothing to do in those areas. Further south where there is street activity the criminals have incentive to engage in illegal activity.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:42 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,596,106 times
Hey wasn't that E-2 nightclub across the street around 22nd & Michigan?

Old 05-12-2013, 10:44 AM

1,520 posts, read 1,874,143 times
I would not recommend anything south of there. I just would not. Just because the projects are gone doesn't mean the people are gone. They are still around looking for a victim and if you are white, well dressed and especially female, you have "victim" written all over you. Like another poster said, they will wonder up to you and say crap like "oh please can you help me with just a dollar so I can get on the bus or get something to eat" and the second your heart overtakes your brain and you pull your pocketbook out they will grab it, run like hell to the nearest liquor store and use your credit cards before you can get them cancelled and there you stand with no money, no credit cards and no ID. This happens around there all too much. So I would highly recommend you not go too far south. That is just my opinion of it and others may feel different and I respect that.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:14 AM

29 posts, read 120,399 times
I'm in that area couple times every 2-3 months. It's perfectly fine at night.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:18 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,596,106 times
I dont even feel the same walking south of Wabash and 13th Street, much less go south of 22nd & Michigan.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:18 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,575,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
I would not recommend anything south of there. I just would not. Just because the projects are gone doesn't mean the people are gone. They are still around looking for a victim and if you are white, well dressed and especially female, you have "victim" written all over you. Like another poster said, they will wonder up to you and say crap like "oh please can you help me with just a dollar so I can get on the bus or get something to eat" and the second your heart overtakes your brain and you pull your pocketbook out they will grab it, run like hell to the nearest liquor store and use your credit cards before you can get them cancelled and there you stand with no money, no credit cards and no ID. This happens around there all too much. So I would highly recommend you not go too far south. That is just my opinion of it and others may feel different and I respect that.
Actually, white women are usually pretty safe. Everyone knows that they will send the whole police force if something happens to one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago