Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2023, 07:09 AM

4,658 posts, read 3,274,683 times

Advertisements

Kmanshouse, this whole NEGATIVE attitude of yours about the probable getting slammed in February will NOT be tolerated!!

You are right, though, that we have had a pretty amazing winter so far. Except for the 0 degrees we had around Christmas-time, it has not been bad!... And I did read that Chicago may get some snow this week?

But otherwise, it has not been bad, a'tall.

Are you planning to do Chinese New Year parade this year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2023, 08:55 AM

2,195 posts, read 1,861,185 times
I have never done the Chinese New Year parade. Not on purpose, just haven't. It's just not on my radar.

https://www.wunderground.com/forecas.../chicago/60625

Old 01-16-2023, 09:00 AM

4,658 posts, read 3,274,683 times
Kmanshouse, thank you for sharing the forecast. At THIS point, it doesn't look too bad. Of course, we all know how quick the weather can change, but hopefully it will hold out for us.

Give the Chinese New Year parade a shot, if you're free. I have to work in the jail that day, but I'm going to hope crime is down that weekend, and I can use a half-day, leave early, and come on down!

And THEN, we shall all prep for a GREAT February forecast!!!!! My GOD, I'm positive!!!!!!

Old 01-16-2023, 10:29 AM

26,432 posts, read 46,638,115 times
Headed Up North to northern Wisconsin in February to hit the trails to enjoy the nice deep snow. Ohio Valley winters are garbage just constant rain, clouds, and mud 75% of the time.

Old 01-17-2023, 02:08 PM

905 posts, read 668,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Headed Up North to northern Wisconsin in February to hit the trails to enjoy the nice deep snow. Ohio Valley winters are garbage just constant rain, clouds, and mud 75% of the time.
Central Wisconsin is no better. We might have 4 inches of snow on the ground. Rained all day yesterday. We might get some Wed into Thursday.

Trails have not opened around here yet.

Old 01-24-2023, 10:36 PM

5 posts, read 14,392 times
No they are not especially after pandemic and WFH

Old 01-26-2023, 01:28 PM

3 posts, read 1,577 times
I love living on the lakefront, but the constant chill in the spring gets old. It can be 65 degrees in Oak Park and 45 in Hyde Park. On the other hand, the lake breeze is welcome on hot summer days.

But the winters in Chicago are long more than they are deep. You really don't have shorts and a t-shirt weather until June in many years and the chill is back in the blink of an eye at the end of October.

Old 01-27-2023, 08:26 AM

2,195 posts, read 1,861,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Barn View Post
I love living on the lakefront, but the constant chill in the spring gets old. It can be 65 degrees in Oak Park and 45 in Hyde Park. On the other hand, the lake breeze is welcome on hot summer days.

But the winters in Chicago are long more than they are deep. You really don't have shorts and a t-shirt weather until June in many years and the chill is back in the blink of an eye at the end of October.
Yes, I'm 2 miles from Lake Michigan and I don't feel this. But 1/2 a mile from the shore, and it's a big difference. I used to go to my grandmother's in Evanston (1/2 mile) in the summer and need a jacket. Hated that! That effect fades fast after about 1 mile inland.

Old 01-27-2023, 10:12 AM

2,941 posts, read 4,134,143 times
I'm sure it's been said in various ways but I grew up in the NYC suburbs and lived in Philadelphia for years. My mom has since moved to Ohio and I visit often. After spending some winters at Lake Tahoe (where the summits are far colder than anything I ever experienced on the east coast) -

it's not the cold that ever bothered me.

And outside of 5-10 days per year it wasn't even that cold on the east coast. Generally in the range of high 30s to low 50s during the day from mid-December to mid-March. It was the wind and the humidity and the rain that made it so darn uncomfortable.

And it was the relentless gray and 4:50pm sunsets that made it miserable.

Old 01-29-2023, 02:03 PM

12 posts, read 10,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
I have never done the Chinese New Year parade. Not on purpose, just haven't. It's just not on my radar.

https://www.wunderground.com/forecas.../chicago/60625
it's fun you should definitely do it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago