Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2022, 05:17 PM

24 posts, read 16,755 times

Advertisements

Hello neighbors! I will be accompanying a crazed, well-off fan of a musical group which will be playing at the Radius Chicago venue, which is located on Cernak Rd. in between I-90 and Canal St. My friend will probably be "in character" for this show (make of that what you will). I have done some due diligence but I would like to know a good, close, safe place to park.

I would also appreciate any general information or anecdotes about this area, especially anything pertaining to safety and general walkability. Restaurant/cafe recommendations would be wonderful. Also, could we walk to a nightclub safely late at night from this venue? I have been to Chicago a few times but I've never walked the Chinatown/East Pilsen area.

Any information at all would be great. The show is months from now. Thank you in advance to any and all replies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2022, 08:07 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,519,378 times
Radius is in a industrial area and there is plenty of parking around it. For restaurants Lawrence's Seafood a basic, fried seafood place and a Chicago staple, is not far away. A little farther east you're in Chinatown, which has plenty of great restaurants. Just west is Skylark which is a cash only dive bar that has very good bar food.

While it's walkable to Chinatown, Pilsen and the places mentioned above, I would advise driving to them after the show. The lighting in over/under the bridges and underpasses isn't the best. Pay attention to any parking signs and restrictions.

Old 05-28-2022, 10:45 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,580,285 times
Bit of an industrial no-mans land.

Just a few personal recommendations: Ahjoomah's has incredible Korean BBQ, Reggies is legendary, I've had friends compliment No.18 Karaoke bar, and there are a number of massage parlors with reasonable prices.

As for safety, anecdotally, there is definitely underreported crime, more so than other perceived safe areas. And if you want to see hell, take a stroll into the 24th/Stewart underpass. Quite the scene at night - hell, it's no picnic during the day either.

Old 05-31-2022, 09:42 AM

4,641 posts, read 3,252,251 times
TBideon, good day!

Did you say: Ahjoomah's?!?... Good call. However, for Korean food in the area (which a good decade ago didn't even exist in Chinatown, remember? Ahjoomah's Apron was the first), I went last year to Daebak Korean BBQ, inside the strip along Archer Avenue. And it, too, was VERY good!!!

You mentioned the underpass on 24th and Stewart? Have you seen the underpass on Cermak, just directly west of Chinatown??? Oy, vey (as they not say in Chinese!).

Old 06-02-2022, 10:47 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,770,288 times
Oh lord those underpasses.... My son and I have some pics from the 24th street from last year. Felt like something from another world. And the 22nd I wasn't even about to try to take a picture. We turned around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: