Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 10:32 AM

64 posts, read 162,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I don't think he hates himself, he just hates the South Side, fine. Why the pop psychology, the cheap Goebbles Twist of accusing people who hate something of hating themeselves?
No I dont hate the southside; hell the southside is nothing more than a land mass with construction. But what I do hate is people who foolishly sit there and accept mediocrity and then have the nerve to get on a message board and praise it. I am against mediocrity, the southside/westside living is as mediocre as it gets. Sorry, but i must call a spade a spade.

Now if the topic read "What can we do to make the south side and west side as livable as the north side" then I would have a whole lot of positivity to offer to the discussion. But nooooooo this is nothing more than one big lie fest taking place.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Beat it troll

Look, I don't accept everything what the southside current state. I'm not naive to beleive the southside doesn't need change, but I'm not stupid enough to say the whole southside is a ghetto like you. You keep bringing up that I live in Harvey. Obviously me living here give me some credibility in knowing what the hell an American ghetto is when I see it.
I guess I am a troll, (if thats an insult). Or is calling people troll the "thing to do" on this board in order to be accepted, because after all you are a follower. Do yourself a favor and learn to be a leader, for your kids sake. Thats even if you are lucky enough to reproduce, which I doubt. Because women dont screw followers.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:42 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,197,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Furley View Post
I guess I am a troll, (if thats an insult). Or is calling people troll the "thing to do" on this board in order to be accepted, because after all you are a follower. Do yourself a favor and learn to be a leader, for your kids sake. Thats even if you are lucky enough to reproduce, which I doubt. Because women dont screw followers.

I call a poster troll if it fits them, I don't care about being accepted on here thank you very much. Do you have anything good to say about the southside and westside or a solution to fix the hoods in these parts of the city beside coming here B*tching and moaning?

Old 09-25-2009, 11:11 AM

49 posts, read 100,052 times
Quote:
HAHAHAHA Bud Billiken Parade??? Harold's Chicken???? You cant be serious? Diversity on the southside????LMAO!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAA

You really ARE serious!!!! HAHAHAHAH

Culture ha? hahahahahaha Thats what you call culture? a cheap ass chicken shack that sells fatty greasey chicken to overweight women and men in poor neighborhoods helping the put them in early graves from heart disease and high cholesterol, and a ghetto ass parade with a bunch of kids dancing in the streets like strippers. Yea real cultural. OK man I'll shut up and let you all keep pretending that you live somewhere great, when I know for a hard fact that its a ****hole that nobody with any real sense or money would stay in.
What is culture?

People travel miles to New Orleans to eat Po'boys (fried food) and attend Mardi Gras (parade) to feel the CULTURE.

Just because it does not appeal to you, don't **** on others.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:23 AM

527 posts, read 1,245,000 times
Default wow

Ralph, If you could afford a taxi cab you could come out and see our west and south side 1850-6000 square feet domains. I bet your whole apartment you rent would fit in my bathroom. Please enjoy living in homeless people's do-do and urine, and try to keep telling yourself that your 900 a month hole is better than they sleep in for free. Ta Ta buddy!

Quote:
No I dont hate the southside; hell the southside is nothing more than a land mass with construction. But what I do hate is people who foolishly sit there and accept mediocrity and then have the nerve to get on a message board and praise it. I am against mediocrity, the southside/westside living is as mediocre as it gets. Sorry, but i must call a spade a spade.

Now if the topic read "What can we do to make the south side and west side as livable as the north side" then I would have a whole lot of positivity to offer to the discussion. But nooooooo this is nothing more than one big lie fest taking place.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basekamp View Post
Ralph, If you could afford a taxi cab you could come out and see our west and south side 1850-6000 square feet domains. I bet your whole apartment you rent would fit in my bathroom. Please enjoy living in homeless people's do-do and urine, and try to keep telling yourself that your 900 a month hole is better than they sleep in for free. Ta Ta buddy!
SMH at this moron being proud of a big house, soundin like a straight slave from 1800's "My Massa's plantation is bigger than your Massa's plantation" YOU FAILED while setting black people back 200 years!!Congrats!

See I completely get it, Im gonna guess that you are a black person. Not to bring race into it but hey, **** it. Its this type of mentality that allows real estate brokers to get over on black people. They play on your insecurities and need to impress. See in the black community people are only concerned with the how big of a house they live in because of the "bigger is better" mentality......completely ignoring the mantra "location, location, location". Yea you have a big house, but thats all you have. See this is exactly how a broker can sell a new construction duplex in the middle of a ghetto. Whats the point of living in a palace in the middle of a warzone. SMH!! And trust me the property value will not rise because nobody will invest in the area EVER!!In fact it will probably drop because the south side hasnt had any real developments in years. The southside is filled with nice looking houses, just go to Bronzeville, new constructions all over the place, but the blocks are surrounded by desolate areas and crime. Whats the point of buying a brand new house that you have to dodge bullets to open the front door. Its all about location, its the same reason people live in a studio apartment the size of a bedroom in Greenwhich Village in Manhattan and pay 1900 a month for it. Its the epicenter of EVERYTHING that means anything. Its not about living in this big beautiful house so all your friends and relatives can be proud or envious of you and you can feel like you have accomplished the American Dream. Its about the quality of life in your surrounding area....no matter how big your living space is. Oh yea.....TaTa moron.....enjoy your mansion in the hood.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:13 PM

68 posts, read 215,158 times
I agree with Mr. Furley.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:42 PM

233 posts, read 701,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Bridgeport is neither majority Irish or white anymore. It was at 41% white back in 2000. Its consider one of the most diverse neighborhoods in Chicago. It sill has a very low black population, but high Asian and Hispanic presence.
Correct. The 2000 demographics for Bridgeport are as follows.

White 41.0%
- Black 1.05%
- Hispanic 30.2%
- Asian 26.1%
- Other 1.63%

My guess is the hispanic and asian percentage will be up somewhat and black slightly in the 2010 census. The white population of the city will probably dip below 30% overall. Bridgeport was never solidly Irish, even back in the days of my youth. Nativity of our Lord was known as an Irish parish, but north of 35th and west of Halsted had a variety Eastern Europeans. Back then it was known as being insular and provincial, not particularly friendly to outsiders especially if they were black. That was another time and another place. The Chicago of today hardly resembles the highly segregated Chicago of my youth.

As for the original topic the state of many if not most south and west side neighborhoods I would label as tragic. Not enough time and space here to get into the historical time line and details. I will say this, with the hispanics close to being the major group in the CPS and in the general population, and some historically black neighborhoods in the path of encroaching gentrification blacks look more and more like the odd group out in Chicago. Rather ironic considering that Chicago has long had a large black population, and in the Harold Washington era it seemed like Chicago blacks would have political hegemony for generations.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:50 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisklaw View Post
I agree with Mr. Furley.
Seeing how you're likely both the same troll, this surprises nobody.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:28 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Oooh, the "I know you are but what am I" rejoinder. Exceedingly clever, if you're in 5th grade at any rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago