Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 03:39 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,559,406 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry to hijjack the thread for a moment, and I can't help, but share that I am practically crying with laughter right now. Between NYer and Georgia, the dry humorous comments on here about blessings is just too much. Such sudalty of sarcasism is so great in here. We have such characters in this forum.

Thanks for putting things in perspective. And a smile on my face today...

Ok, carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 04:13 PM

99 posts, read 112,213 times
I like ****ty weather and we don't get enough of it.

I love the heavy street closing snow and icy frigit cold temps that follow but nothing a 40 or 2 and all gone.

I can say a few things that will get me into trouble with god and be against anything the bible preaches and is one of the 10 comandments but i will go their just to cause bad weather but i don't believe in witch craft so no go.

I will ust have to move to upper Michigan or Buffelo to get what i want. Cuz i ain't getting it here.

We need that big wake up call to put us back to reality that we can get bad weather but we are so damn lucky agane.

God bless us all but please give us some bad weather so we can be humble to you great one. Give me 2 feet of snow with 50 below windchills i love it alot.

Please give it to us so we got something to watch on the 10:Oclock news besides black kids gett shot in crappy neighborhoods.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:46 PM

Another 2 or 3 incher Friday. Again nothing big.

Why WHy, can't we get a massive snow storm?

Are we part of the whole Global warming trend?

Old 12-27-2007, 10:23 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,811,456 times
Default That storm sucked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by via chicago View Post
I was in the middle of a softball game downtown when that thing hit...people were literally knocked off their feet. never been in a hurricane, but its probably about the closest ill get
That August storm trashed my neighborhood worse than most (Buena Park), and I'm still not convinced that there wasn't some kind of tornado involved... We had several buildings temporarily condemned by the city because the storm left them uninhabitable. Power poles snapped like toothpicks. Huge trees were uprooted like blades of grass. A five ton rooftop AC unit was picked up and hurled to the ground. A high-rise at the end of my street lost the roof of it's elevator penthouse, which was flung into Lakeshore Drive and onto the building across the street. We didn't have power for four days and the Red Cross and Department of Health and Human Services were stationed at the end of the block to help elderly people trapped in their buildings because of non-working elevators. It was bad bad bad!!! I can't believe that no one was killed. My bus stop was crushed by the torn off roof of the high-rise, and anyone getting off the bus at that moment would have been crushed (I have a picture of the bench snapped in two).

Old 12-27-2007, 10:47 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,112,824 times
If I'm reading this right, it sounds like Mr. Bigman wants a big snowstorm because he hasn't found anything interesting to watch on TV, and figures it'd be cool to see Brant Miller interview some cold pedestrian saying "its snowing alot!" as it snows alot.

Have you thought about just renting a movie, jogging, or baking to pass the time?

Old 12-27-2007, 10:51 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,636,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
That August storm trashed my neighborhood worse than most (Buena Park), and I'm still not convinced that there wasn't some kind of tornado involved... We had several buildings temporarily condemned by the city because the storm left them uninhabitable. Power poles snapped like toothpicks. Huge trees were uprooted like blades of grass. A five ton rooftop AC unit was picked up and hurled to the ground. A high-rise at the end of my street lost the roof of it's elevator penthouse, which was flung into Lakeshore Drive and onto the building across the street. We didn't have power for four days and the Red Cross and Department of Health and Human Services were stationed at the end of the block to help elderly people trapped in their buildings because of non-working elevators. It was bad bad bad!!! I can't believe that no one was killed. My bus stop was crushed by the torn off roof of the high-rise, and anyone getting off the bus at that moment would have been crushed (I have a picture of the bench snapped in two).
I agree. I am a mile or less south of you and we got it the worst.

I think it was a tornado. The center of it maybe only was a mile or so wide.Once it got to the Lake it died in it.

I drove through it from California to Broadway down Addison and Roscoe. It sure seemed like a twister to me. The sky went totally dark. I saw garbage cans floating in the wind.

I have been in a couple Tornados in Tenn. and K.Y. and a couple Hurricanes in Miss. and Lous. so I am pretty confident it was a Tornado at least for a limited time until it got to the Lake. As it got closer to the Lake it got more powerful.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:44 PM

Once again we are spared from what could of been a good snow storm but instead we get the typical few inches.

Chicago has a nat for dodging that big snow.

What will it take for us to have a nice full blown winter storm? We are so lucky as usual which means god loves us and protects us form the evils of old man winter.

Im gett out ive had it with this florida wanna be BS.

I heard Wisconsin got some nice snow but don't they always.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:40 PM

1,464 posts, read 5,512,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bigman View Post
Once again we are spared from what could of been a good snow storm but instead we get the typical few inches.

Chicago has a nat for dodging that big snow.

What will it take for us to have a nice full blown winter storm? We are so lucky as usual which means god loves us and protects us form the evils of old man winter.

Im gett out ive had it with this florida wanna be BS.

I heard Wisconsin got some nice snow but don't they always.
Were you here two weeks ago, like Saturday into Sunday??? 10 inches ring a bell to anyone? Anyone see ironing boards and fans out in the streets protecting those nice shoveled parking spots?

Old 12-29-2007, 01:05 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,636,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
Were you here two weeks ago, like Saturday into Sunday??? 10 inches ring a bell to anyone? Anyone see ironing boards and fans out in the streets protecting those nice shoveled parking spots?
I dont think we got 10 in most parts of Chicago. Many of the burbs did, but not Chicago.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:48 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,410,260 times
We got 8.5" here in Warrenville that day, but the sun the last week melted it all until yesterday when we got 3 more inches. Oh well, I spent 4 hours sledding with my son yesterday, was alot of fun. I will say that this has been one of the craziest winters Ive ever seen, hopefully spring will come sooner this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago