Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 01:22 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,403,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerseusVeil View Post
It's definitely not fratty and you don't get the Wrigleyville vibe, but it is an extension of Boystown. The gay bars and gay oriented/friendly businesses aren't only on Halsted.
...Southport, or Roscoe Village or any of number places that are outside the heart of Wrigleyville, and those don't merit special attention either...

Just a funny way to look at Chicago...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 01:42 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,225,042 times
Dumb.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:00 PM

332 posts, read 525,359 times
This map is just funny!! I spend a half hour laughing at it at!

Old 12-06-2013, 01:34 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,937,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Maro will be crushed, they did not split out his magical "east Lakeview"...
Bastards..

Old 12-06-2013, 01:35 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,937,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
haha

Is that where one of his ex-girlfriends lived?
LOL. One of the former ones, yes. The area is a hell of a lot better and different than Lakeview that's west of Boystown, that's for sure, at least in terms of diversity of business, and somewhat in the diversity of people (a little bit of racial diversity and some different more personality types of diversity), and the overall annoyance factor of the people being a lot lower than Wrigleyville. Shame on them for not breaking it up ;-) I know you'll disagree with me, but it really is more akin to Andersonville than Wrigleyville. Just because it says "Lakeview" on it doesn't mean it's the same BS as Wrigleyville or sports bar heaven. Anybody who's actually familiar with the area will tell you this.

Chet thinks he was being funny in his statement above, but if you strip out the humor, it's semi accurate. That area is not that fratty (minus one or two places but they aren't really that busy). Many gay and straight people living there and there's a big diversity with the amount of businesses there. I know a number of gay guys who live in Lakeview East, not Boystown. It's right there, and they don't have to walk through Wrigleyville to get to Boystown either. It really is in a way an extension of Boystown but with less outright gay business (though you'll see plenty of flags for some businesses).

Last edited by marothisu; 12-06-2013 at 01:46 PM..

Old 12-06-2013, 02:06 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,403,413 times
And I don't actually mind "sparring" a bit with Maro on these general issues -- frankly I don't get into that particularly neighborhood nearly as much as I do others.

I will even concede there are probably some differences between "east" Lakeview vs other parts such as Southport and the details of why a person might want to choose the Gold Coast even though they are not a old rich divorcee or Andersonville even if they are heterosexual mixed race Asian / Latin couple are why it can be fun to review a poster's specific needs and see how well they fit any number of suggested areas.

The humor of oversimplification often overshadows the reason people value the info on this site...

Old 12-08-2013, 03:46 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,922,321 times
Quote:
It's "I'll take my twink..." Not fair, perhaps, but fairly funny.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:59 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,213,079 times
Quote:
Why is east lakeview magical? The neighborhood is certainly quite a bit different east and west of clark street. Much less frat guys and pretty much just gay guys and lots of single women. MY BF's condo was on Buckingham and basically it was 50/50 gay guys and single women. Lots more families moving into the area than there was 10 years ago. I love Broadway through there.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:58 PM

86 posts, read 159,525 times
Lame that it stops at Foster.

Also, they forgot that everyone in Andersonville drives a Subaru.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:28 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,696,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantless1 View Post
Lame that it stops at Foster.

Also, they forgot that everyone in Andersonville drives a Subaru.
Wagon of course....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago