Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 10:34 AM

242 posts, read 1,002,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefallensrvnge View Post
I definitely think Chicago is one of the great cities in the world. Of course, improvement should always be a goal. This city has it's fair share of scars, but I am always impressed by how beautiful it is just when walking around. The food, theaters, museums, the variety of people... So much of Chicago seems to be carved out of stone, and built with such grandeur. I love showing it off to friends. Even when visiting some of the more blight areas, I can't help but notice that if the politicians (and/or the people who elect them) took more of a genuine interest, Chicago's potential would be unlimited.

And marothisu, I don't think anyone would doubt your love for this city lol.
Same here, I love showing Chicago off to my friends, first time visiting the City. Often joke with them when telling them about Chicago, I should be a tour guide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 04:23 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,213,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Revival View Post
The homocide doesn't matter to you because the shootings on the southside and westside don't directly effect you.

You think 500+ killed isn't "terrible crime"? We've had more killed in Chicago than troops in Afghanistan last year...
No it think its terrible but 500 is better than 900 hint hint do some research...

Old 10-14-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
Actually I find that (the area within the circle or loop or whatever they call it) to be the only tolerable part of it. The rest of it is pretty much sprawling suburban hell.

I've never heard anyone say that, including the people I know who have lived there.
Are you kidding, Houston is going to surpass Chicago soon and that doesn't make them the better city...

Old 10-14-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
So the guy is a troll because he says the city is great, but points out flaws with it? Sorry, but no city in the world is perfect and Chicago is no exception of this. You need to stop with the calling people a troll thing just because you disagree with them.
I have seen his other posts, I start a thread saying how much I love Chicago and one of the first posts I get is about how much crime and ghetto violence Chicago has, like seriously this isn't the time...

Old 10-14-2013, 04:48 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,913,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
I have seen his other posts, I start a thread saying how much I love Chicago and one of the first posts I get is about how much crime and ghetto violence Chicago has, like seriously this isn't the time...
Although the crime is going down, it's still higher than it should be. If you cannot accept that fact, then you should. The guy is definitely correct on some things he says, and he's far from a troll. A troll brings up bull****. Although you want to keep this thread positive it sounds like, he's not bringing up bull****.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Although the crime is going down, it's still higher than it should be. If you cannot accept that fact, then you should. The guy is definitely correct on some things he says, and he's far from a troll. A troll brings up bull****. Although you want to keep this thread positive it sounds like, he's not bringing up bull****.
I just said it

Old 10-14-2013, 09:58 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,206,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Are you kidding, Houston is going to surpass Chicago soon and that doesn't make them the better city...
I was saying I agree with you, and have never heard anyone say otherwise. It goes without saying that bigger does not automatically equal better. That was my point. It's silly that we're even discussing this.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:34 AM

242 posts, read 1,002,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I desperately want to see another supertall to go up in Chicago..... this is one of the areas where Chicago has truly excelled and IMO a big part of what sets it apart from most every other city in the US besides New York, and it needs to keep the trend going. Otherwise Asia is going to be putting everyone to shame in the next few decades from what I've read.

I agree. Too bad they abandoned the 2008 project to have a Supertall Skyscraper, Chicago Spire, roof at 2000 ft.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:13 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,206,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificWest View Post
I agree. Too bad they abandoned the 2008 project to have a Supertall Skyscraper, Chicago Spire, roof at 2000 ft.
Yeah, it's a damned shame we don't get to have a gigantic drill bit/d*ldo dwarfing our entire skyline. That would have been awesome.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:59 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,753,790 times
As much as they may deny it, too many in Chicago think the "corruption" is a throwback to the days of Capone, and that it's really cool as well.

NY is more corrupt, LA is more corrupt, Miami, Las Vegas as well.

The midwest has simply too much "good ol boy" mentality to really be corrupt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago