Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 03:16 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalingerBananafish View Post
I wonder how many women hang out with gay men to see if they can "turn" them? I mean, it would really attest to one's attractiveness if she could get a gay guy to 'switch teams'.
I've had that experience with two women. Unfortunately they did not prevail in their quests (though both were very attractive), but I'm still friends with both and both are happily married. That was when I was much younger though. Now, most of my female friends I've either known for a long time or are just people I relate to in one way or another... usually regarding things that have little or nothing to do with our respective sexual orientations. But I'm sure the fact that neither they nor I are or would be interested romantically in one another is a big factor as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 06:27 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Dont ever fall in love romantically with a gay man (if you're a woman).. you'll get heartbroken.

Just dont go past the point beyond good friends, bffs, etc. Can enjoy each other way better when things are in perspective.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:00 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Dont ever fall in love romantically with a gay man (if you're a woman).. you'll get heartbroken.

The more you know - YouTube

Old 08-18-2013, 11:10 PM

2,694 posts, read 3,190,781 times
Just my 2¢ on the whole Chicago vs. LA thing that was going on in the thread:

Yes, LA is probably more fashion forward than Chicago, and yes that means that a Chicagoan might be more likely to assume a nicely dressed man is gay. This doesn't actually mean that the Chicagoan cares one way or the other though. Also, let's be real, it's a sea of jeans and button downs (a lot of which will be plaid) no matter if you're out in Wrigley or Boystown. Boystown mixes it up a bit more over the summer, but that's about it. You'd be surprised just how similar us 20 somethings dress, gay or straight.

Next, Chicago does like to compartmentalize its various ethnic and societal groups, but it's not like the lines are never crossed. I go out in Wrigley all the time, and I never had a problem. That also extends to me wing manning for my straight friends out there, and them returning the favor in Boystown. Everyone just wants to get drunk and have fun. That's all.

Finally, I think it should be noted how much larger Chicago's gay pride celebration is over that of LA's. Chicago's pride parade had more than double the attendance of LA's, which isn't bad for a city that some think might be a bit more conservative when it comes to this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago