Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 11:04 PM

144 posts, read 146,161 times

Advertisements

I think I just got an STD just from reading this thread LOL. I'M just kidding.

When I think of hotness, I think of coastal cities. Many Chicago natives and many midwestern and southern transplants exude a certain unattractive aura about themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 11:05 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT445 View Post
When I think of hotness, I think of coastal cities. Many Chicago natives and many midwestern and southern transplants exude a certain unattractive aura about themselves.
Way to stereotype, but I only partially agree. There's people like this from every region of the US who are "unattractive." There are definitely many, many attractive people in Chicago. If you haven't found them, then you're hanging out in the wrong places. Ford Models has an office in Chicago for a reason.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Way to stereotype, but I only partially agree. There's people like this from every region of the US who are "unattractive." There are definitely many, many attractive people in Chicago. If you haven't found them, then you're hanging out in the wrong places. Ford Models has an office in Chicago for a reason.
I know there are many attractive people in Chicago, but their aura is unattractive.

They are closed minded and boring.

People from the coastal areas bring the heat and the noise.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
I know there are many attractive people in Chicago, but their aura is unattractive.

Again, way to stereotype. Only partially true in my experience. I have found boring and close minded people in every region and attractive/non boring people too. I think you need to go to new places if you really think that's what everyone is like.

If you were talking about say, Iowa, then I'd agree with you mainly. I had the fortune of going to college in that state. Chicago? No. Different. While there are many boring and 100% "OMG SPORTS, CARS, and WOMEN" people here, there are many, many others I have met and am friends with that are nothing like that and very, very interesting people with a wide range of interests. I think the fact that you are saying this screams that you need to get out to other places and it's obvious you're in the wrong places.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Again, way to stereotype. Only partially true in my experience. I have found boring and close minded people in every region and attractive/non boring people too. I think you need to go to new places if you really think that's what everyone is like.

If you were talking about say, Iowa, then I'd agree with you mainly. I had the fortune of going to college in that state. Chicago? No. Different. While there are many boring and 100% "OMG SPORTS, CARS, and WOMEN" people here, there are many, many others I have met and am friends with that are nothing like that and very, very interesting people with a wide range of interests. I think the fact that you are saying this screams that you need to get out to other places and it's obvious you're in the wrong places.
It's not wise to assume where I have been. I know Chicago well, trust me. There is a difference in conversation and approach when dealing with them compared to people from more vibrant cities. We will have to just agree to disagree if that's alright with you.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:03 AM

Quote:
It's not wise to assume where I have been. I know Chicago well, trust me. There is a difference in conversation and approach when dealing with them compared to people from more vibrant cities. We will have to just agree to disagree if that's alright with you.
I know many people who think they "know Chicago well" but in reality they don't.

Yes, we'll agree to disagree, but all I have to say is the fact that you haven't found it yet sucks. I know your pain, but from Iowa where I went to school - not from Chicago (my family is from NYC and LA for the record).

Old 05-14-2013, 12:30 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,918,932 times
Quote:

I don't expect you to believe me, but I am not closed minded or boring. Neither is my wife. I met her in Chicago. Also, she met me in Chicago.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:00 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,504,621 times
I can only speak for the people in Lincoln Park, mainly the college girls there. They definitely aren't closed minded or boring. Can't speak for anywhere else though.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:23 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Why are you guys playing with the troll?

Old 05-14-2013, 08:51 AM

If everybody agreed on everything this forum would be boring. I noticed when someone does not agree with everything the regular Chicago posters post, they are considered a troll. Typical of Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago