Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 11:21 AM

2,474 posts, read 4,166,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Derek Rose. Time is Up.

Things only a true idiot would say...
Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 11:26 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,199,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaiter View Post
Why?
Derrick.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:57 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,318,724 times
My question "time is up" what does that mean? Is that like a threat? Are you saying "Rose you HAVE to play or you are off the team". Yeah that will help. Seems like a pretty empty threat.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:00 PM

575 posts, read 616,266 times
That would be great, through him into the payoffs for his first game. He gets injured again and then we can do this again next season. Give him until the beginning of next season and try to win it all the next couple of years. But there is a fair chance his explosiveness will not be the same.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:01 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,207,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
My question "time is up" what does that mean? Is that like a threat? Are you saying "Rose you HAVE to play or you are off the team". Yeah that will help. Seems like a pretty empty threat.
He's going to boo him until he either plays or voluntarily gives up his paycheck. That should work, right? Seems like a solid strategy to me.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:11 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,318,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
He's going to boo him until he either plays or voluntarily gives up his paycheck. That should work, right? Seems like a solid strategy to me.
Seriously.

We barely won the series against Brookyln, and now we are up against the HEAT. Even if Rose came back our team still has a lot of injuries/complications, so I am not sure if it's worth the risk to put Rose back in in a series of with the Heat who just swept the last series they were in.

I depise the Heat with a passion, and I would love it if a battered and beat down Bulls team kicked them out of the series, but I am also realistic that I am not sure they can win 4 against them. Not impossible, but I would really be surprised, with or without Rose.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:58 PM

541 posts, read 912,734 times
Yes "Derek", your time is up. A random nobody on an internet message board just said so. I hope you dont turn your shoes in over this.

You *******s really cant wait a year to get him 100%?

Derrick Rose is going to risk getting injured again because some Chicago fans are over-anticipating his return? Jumping into playoff ball nonetheless? He needs to test his knee in preseason and regular season before risking further injury.

Sometimes I wonder who the hell some people think they are. If he doesnt wanna return just yet out of precaution, its his choice. Respect it.

The "now" generation. I want it now. Whatever happened to patience?

Old 05-05-2013, 06:42 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,252,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEnjoyBeer View Post
Yes "Derek", your time is up. A random nobody on an internet message board just said so. I hope you dont turn your shoes in over this.

Derrick Rose is going to risk getting injured again because some Chicago fans are over-anticipating his return? Jumping into playoff ball nonetheless? He needs to test his knee in preseason and regular season before risking further injury.

Sometimes I wonder who the hell some people think they are. If he doesnt wanna return just yet out of precaution, its his choice. Respect it.

I agree that I wouldn't want him to return before he was 100% healthy, but he was cleared a long time ago and it seems that the reason that he didn't return was because he was scared.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:53 AM

3,118 posts, read 5,356,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEnjoyBeer View Post

The point is that great players WANT and BEG to play even before they are cleared to play. They want to get back earlier to help their teams. Other players on the bulls have already fought back and played through their injuries. Derrick is doing the opposite. He's been cleared for months and his exact quote said nothing about "testing his knee" or "risking further injury." He said that he wasn't "mentally ready." His own words.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:47 AM

1,953 posts, read 4,960,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
For Roses injury, it requires A LOT of healing time and plus who cares if he comes back "this season" the Bulls will get demolished regardless.
I hate this logic. The odds are the Bears will not win the bowl this season, does that mean we should sit out Cutler, Marshall, and Forte until we have the perfect team?

Rose is cleared to come back, the doctor that did the surgey said his knee is stronger then the other one. Its a mental game right now, and apparently he isnt strong enough mentally to get back into a game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago