Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 10:47 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times

Advertisements

I don't get this "why risk injury" crap for a player who was physically cleared to play weeks ago. Every player risks injury every time they step on the court. Why are they paying this guy 16 million dollars a year if he's physically cleared but not willing to risk injury? That's a hell of an expensive courtside trinket.

This guy is supposed to be the franchise leader for the foreseeable future and he can't even get his head in the game enough to help out an extremely depleted team facing a huge uphill playoff battle? I have to imagine he's lost a lot of respect and credibility among his teammates and coaches even if they'll never say so in public.

And Rose's brother who said there isn't enough talent around Rose to make it worth his while can go fk a sea urchin. They showed a hell of a lot more guts and fight than your brother did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 11:28 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I don't get this "why risk injury" crap for a player who was physically cleared to play weeks ago. Every player risks injury every time they step on the court. Why are they paying this guy 16 million dollars a year if he's physically cleared but not willing to risk injury? That's a hell of an expensive courtside trinket.

This guy is supposed to be the franchise leader for the foreseeable future and he can't even get his head in the game enough to help out an extremely depleted team facing a huge uphill playoff battle? I have to imagine he's lost a lot of respect and credibility among his teammates and coaches even if they'll never say so in public.

And Rose's brother who said there isn't enough talent around Rose to make it worth his while can go fk a sea urchin. They showed a hell of a lot more guts and fight than your brother did.
SO you think someone who hasn't played in a year should just come in the playoffs just so they can lose?? Cause truth be told, even if Rose were to suit not only would they still lose, but chances are he would've been taking a whole bunch of shots like he always does which would have disrupted the flow of the team, and Like I said He probably would've f**ked his knee up AGAIN! LOL

And yeah every player risks injury but a torn ACL is a bit more serious than other injuries that players get.

I mean, I see why people are saying he should've suited up but its not like they would've gone anywhere if he just popped up in the middle of the playoffs.

As far as the comment his brothers made, well thats some bullsht cause they were able to go as far as they did without em. In my opinion Rose does tries to do too much without giving his teammates any good looks. That's part of the reason why he hurt himself.

Last edited by mas23; 05-16-2013 at 11:37 PM..

Old 05-17-2013, 11:59 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Quote:
They showed a hell of a lot more guts and fight than your brother did.
Amen!, Brother. Amen!

Old 05-17-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
SO you think someone who hasn't played in a year should just come in the playoffs just so they can lose?? Cause truth be told, even if Rose were to suit not only would they still lose, but chances are he would've been taking a whole bunch of shots like he always does which would have disrupted the flow of the team, and Like I said He probably would've f**ked his knee up AGAIN! LOL

And yeah every player risks injury but a torn ACL is a bit more serious than other injuries that players get.

I mean, I see why people are saying he should've suited up but its not like they would've gone anywhere if he just popped up in the middle of the playoffs.

As far as the comment his brothers made, well thats some bullsht cause they were able to go as far as they did without em. In my opinion Rose does tries to do too much without giving his teammates any good looks. That's part of the reason why he hurt himself.
Rose has been cleared to play since early March. If he'd gotten his ass out on the court before the playoffs, maybe he would have been ready for the playoffs.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:12 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Anyone know ... if Rose is playing in any summer league or equivalent?

Old 06-25-2013, 01:56 PM

He's very active in the BenchRide League.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:28 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,513,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Anyone know ... if Rose is playing in any summer league or equivalent?
I don't think so. I don't seem to remember a basketball player of his caliber going to the summer league or D-league as part of their rehabilitation or to re-acclimatize from injury the way a baseball player would go to the minors for a few games. Probably just doing on-court drills and pick-up type games.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:14 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERS-One View Post
I don't think so. I don't seem to remember a basketball player of his caliber going to the summer league or D-league as part of their rehabilitation or to re-acclimatize from injury the way a baseball player would go to the minors for a few games. Probably just doing on-court drills and pick-up type games.
Exactly. The NBA summer league is for fringe NBA players and rookies/second year players. He was practicing in full for the last fourth of the season and throughout the playoffs, so I don't see why he wouldn't be hooping/training during the summer.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:52 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Rose has been cleared to play since early March. If he'd gotten his ass out on the court before the playoffs, maybe he would have been ready for the playoffs.
Seeing what Toews, Hossa, Bickell, Shaw did gutting it through injuries during the Stanley Cup Final, makes Rose look even smaller.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:16 PM

575 posts, read 616,178 times
Different types of injuries. Rose's injury could significantly affect the remainder of his career. Adrian Peterson came back as good as he was pre-injury, but he is the exception. It's smart to give it a full season off to heal and strengthen and then come back as strong as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago