Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 PM

95 posts, read 219,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Seeing what Toews, Hossa, Bickell, Shaw did gutting it through injuries during the Stanley Cup Final, makes Rose look even smaller.
Agree 100%. Seeing Shaw get hit in the head with a puck, and then get right back out there next period, while still bleeding- he has heart that Rose doesn't seem to have. Not that I'm saying it doesn't take time to recover from an injury like the one Rose suffered, but that time's been up for awhile now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 08:20 AM

285 posts, read 386,065 times
So if D-Rose has an incredible season, will everyone forget and start swinging on his sack again?

Many athletes are not the same after an ACL injury. Comparing one to different types of injuries in different sports is apples and oranges.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:43 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prost View Post
So if D-Rose has an incredible season, will everyone forget and start swinging on his sack again?

Many athletes are not the same after an ACL injury. Comparing one to different types of injuries in different sports is apples and oranges.
Different injury yes, but he was capable and medically cleared to play. He just chose not to, because he wasn't 100%. Which, after watching how players from both teams persevered through serious injuries in the SCF, is really hard to defend.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:37 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,504,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Different injury yes, but he was capable and medically cleared to play. He just chose not to, because he wasn't 100%. Which, after watching how players from both teams persevered through serious injuries in the SCF, is really hard to defend.
Different sport. Different dynamics. Rose makes the Bulls go over the top. Hockey isn't like basketball where superstars matter so much, it's much more of a team sport if you want to win. I understand where you're coming from when you're trying to make the comparison because a lot of hockey players are warriors, but it's a completely different situation in basketball. I'm not a fan of the Bulls, but I do understand how it can be frustrating to see a player not play even when he's been cleared (as a Rockets fan, I've seen so many injuries for all the stars that have played for the Rockets for the past 8 years). At the same time though, I wish some of those players hadn't come back too early because it just made the situation even worse. As much as you want your star to play (and it's easier said than done in hindsight), you also have to look at the bigger picture when you look at his age and the chance for your team to achieve the ultimate goal which is an NBA Championship.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:18 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfiqmp View Post
Different sport. Different dynamics. Rose makes the Bulls go over the top. Hockey isn't like basketball where superstars matter so much, it's much more of a team sport if you want to win. I understand where you're coming from when you're trying to make the comparison because a lot of hockey players are warriors, but it's a completely different situation in basketball. I'm not a fan of the Bulls, but I do understand how it can be frustrating to see a player not play even when he's been cleared (as a Rockets fan, I've seen so many injuries for all the stars that have played for the Rockets for the past 8 years). At the same time though, I wish some of those players hadn't come back too early because it just made the situation even worse. As much as you want your star to play (and it's easier said than done in hindsight), you also have to look at the bigger picture when you look at his age and the chance for your team to achieve the ultimate goal which is an NBA Championship.
I totally sympathized with that view in the beginning, but as the months wore on...

But that was Rose's choice. Hopefully it works out for him.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:26 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,960,836 times
Quote:
and the chance for your team to achieve the ultimate goal which is an NBA Championship.
I hate when people say this... We might as well not even play any games since we dont have the odds of making it to the finals. Our starting 5 were being beaten to death, injured and playing darn near the entire game. I have so much respect for none of them to come out and bash Rose.

We dont even know if the guy will be playing this season, I mean why would he? He was 100% cleared to play and healed, whats so much different now? That being said, with Rose, Boozer, Noah, Butler, and a good #2 (along with strong back ups for Rose, Noah and Butler), I like how we look. Oh and I left Deng out on purpose

Old 06-26-2013, 10:41 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,504,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long101 View Post
I hate when people say this... We might as well not even play any games since we dont have the odds of making it to the finals. Our starting 5 were being beaten to death, injured and playing darn near the entire game. I have so much respect for none of them to come out and bash Rose.

We dont even know if the guy will be playing this season, I mean why would he? He was 100% cleared to play and healed, whats so much different now? That being said, with Rose, Boozer, Noah, Butler, and a good #2 (along with strong back ups for Rose, Noah and Butler), I like how we look. Oh and I left Deng out on purpose
I understand that. I'm not saying he shouldn't have played because you probably would've lost anyway. But you also have to approach it from a realistic point of view. The NBA isn't like most other pro sports when it comes to cinderella titles. Even with cinderella teams, they're usually teams that aren't banged up, which wasn't the case with the Bulls. You have to give Rose the benefit of the doubt when he played last year banged up for most of the season which eventually led to his ACL injury likely because of all the over compensating he did from his other injuries. He didn't feel comfortable. If he came back and he got injured again because he over compensated for not being comfortable, would you be fine with that? The point I'm trying to make is, with this caliber of an injury, even if he's medically cleared to play (and medically cleared only means that he doesn't have a risk of injuring that ACL tear again just to be clear), it's up to the player to ultimately decide whether or not he should or shouldn't play because if he doesn't feel comfortable, how exactly is he going to play out there? Just playing means nothing at all -- especially for someone who's been out for as long as he has -- he has to at least be able to trust everything in his body. It's all mental. If I was a Bulls fan, I would give him the benefit of the doubt because of the kind of player he's always proven to be.

According to Thibodeau, he has is explosiveness back.

SLAM ONLINE | » Tom Thibodeau Says Derrick Rose Back to His Explosive Self

Old 06-27-2013, 07:43 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,960,836 times
Quote:
It's all mental. If I was a Bulls fan, I would give him the benefit of the doubt because of the kind of player he's always proven to be.

According to Thibodeau, he has is explosiveness back.

SLAM ONLINE | » Tom Thibodeau Says Derrick Rose Back to His Explosive Self
I agree 100% about this. That being said he should have been talking with therapists, psychologists, or anyone that would listen. Would Rose have been able to help his team during the playoffs? We will never know because he never even tried. I would have understood if he went out there attempted to play in a game and just couldnt do it, that wouldnt have hurt anyone. However he decided to go all out during practice and before games, but never attempted to play a few minutes during a game. I saw the guy doing 360 dunks before the game and showing off for the crowd.

Rose has only been in the league for four years, hardly enough time to gain a legacy or reputation. Remember this is the same guy that has someone else take his SATs or whatever it was. Do I want to see him back? Of course, I'm a Bulls fan and he should be one of the better PGs in the game. I just think he took advantage of the Bulls

Old 07-15-2013, 10:58 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Derrick Rose Wondering If He Should Start Rehabbing Knee Sometime This Summer | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 02-24-2015, 09:28 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
DRose blows his knee again, probably out for the season again.

Kid had lots of potential, but it's time for the team to cut its losses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago