Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 01:58 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,706,969 times

Advertisements

For Roses injury, it requires A LOT of healing time and plus who cares if he comes back "this season" the Bulls will get demolished regardless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 04:05 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
For Roses injury, it requires A LOT of healing time and plus who cares if he comes back "this season" the Bulls will get demolished regardless.
He's been cleared for play by his doctors, months ago. The challenge he hasn't overcome is psychological. He's lost his courage/desire. Booing him will let him know the people paying for his vacation have had enough. 1: no play, no pay. 2: no play, go elsewhere.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:27 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,205,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Booing him will let him know the people paying for his vacation have had enough.
...and?

Quote:
1: no play, no pay.
Unless I have some fundamental misunderstanding about how NBA contracts work, I don't think booing is going to take away his pay.

Quote:
2: no play, go elsewhere.
In which case The Bulls pay out the rest of his contract, or the new team does. Either way, he's getting paid. Boo all you want.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:40 AM

3,118 posts, read 5,353,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Every year that the heat have Lebron the bulls will get demolished, so why even play next season at all by your logic? I bet if they didn't pay him until he started playing, he would start to feel "mentally ready" real fast. If Jay Cutler didn't come back months after he was cleared to play he would be booed out of town. If it were the opposite, people would be claiming racism and a double standard. Derrick rose has no heart, drive, or passion. He lacks mental toughness.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:23 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,503,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Every year that the heat have Lebron the bulls will get demolished, so why even play next season at all by your logic? I bet if they didn't pay him until he started playing, he would start to feel "mentally ready" real fast. If Jay Cutler didn't come back months after he was cleared to play he would be booed out of town. If it were the opposite, people would be claiming racism and a double standard. Derrick rose has no heart, drive, or passion. He lacks mental toughness.
I'm not a Bulls fan, but he deserves much better than this from you Bulls fans. He has had the history of being a humble player that is all about passion and wanting to do anything to win. You guys just don't know how good you have it. You got lucky to even land this guy with a 1.7% chance in the 2008 Draft, a hometown kid who wants to win for the city. In such a short time (and by short I mean in his 3rd season) he took the Bulls to the ECF. In his 4th season, if it wasn't for the horrific injury, I could've seen them back in the ECF again (or further). He's missed his entire 5th season, could he have come back? Maybe. But I think that ship has sailed now. No player can just come in during the NBA Playoffs and expect to contribute after having sat out one whole year. I get that some of you fans want him to try because half the team is injured/sick, while he's somewhat healthy, but in his mind he isn't healthy. For what he's already given and for the kind of player he is, I think he deserves some trust. This kid doesn't get in trouble, he isn't cocky or arrogant, he's always been humble, I honestly can't think of a better star to have on a team.

He'll be back next season. I think that's something you fans can definitely look forward to.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:07 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,875,838 times
I think some people are confusing his knee being healthy with him being in shape at an NBA standard. While being far from a professional athlete myself, I know from personal experience with injuries and physical fitness that just missing a month or two of regular exercise and practice takes an incredible amount of time to recover from to get back to form. It is not like falling off a horse where you just get back on.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:29 AM

2,421 posts, read 4,316,030 times
Some of you are RIDICULOUS! You think Rose is going to be back and be his normal self?! If anything it might hinder the team if he returns. It's not easy coming back from injury for so long and come back and make a positive difference. Especially in the playoffs when you are playing the Heat.

Some of you are pretty ruthless and Iwould hate for you to be a fan of my team. This is just one season. I think Rose is thinking about his career as we all should be too.

Goes to show some of you have never played sports for a long duration of your life. You are probably the fat beer guzzling fans that thinks you could do better if in that players shoes.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:01 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
Some of you are RIDICULOUS! You think Rose is going to be back and be his normal self?!
I don't think anyone said that. Even Steve Kerr, who's been supportive of Rose this entire time, is saying that if he can give them some burn, he should play. He's been practicing in full and, reportedly, has looked pretty good. Most people I've heard think Rose should play about 10-15 minutes, possibly 20 at the most.

If this is the correct way to go, the Bulls should have shut Rose down before the playoffs. Personally, if he could have played, I think he should have tried to give 10 minutes during one of the later regular season games since playing in an actual game is part of the rehab. He eventually has to make that leap and now he's delayed it for some 6-7 months.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:41 AM

2,474 posts, read 4,163,893 times
He's gotta come back eventually, I think now is as good a time as any, it's been too long, get out there in whatever shape you're in, Rose, no matter if you suck, just start playing ****head.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:17 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,562 times
Derek Rose. Time is Up.

Things only a true idiot would say...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago