Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 05:05 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Wow Chicago is absolutely booming right now, Chicago currently has one of the fastest growing downtown's in America. The city is upgrading their transit, crime is going down, the economy is even booming with a faster growth rate than Indianapolis. Companies are moving fast to chicago because of its good business climate. No wonder lots of college students want to live here rather than places like Indy and MinneapolisI thought i would lighten up Chicago forums because everything is so damn negative...
Mayor Emanuel says local economy is booming -
Census Bureau reports 36 percent population growth in downtown Chicago - Chicago Tribune
Chicago had largest downtown population growth from 2000 to 2010
Drinking the Kool aid=haha wow and I thought I have seen it all.
Don't worry reality speaks a different picture and ill let Reality do the talking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5,525 posts, read 13,950,687 times
Quote:
bahahaha ive been a chicago booster i like how your on the chicago forums right now with your partner BRG and Msamhunter, anyway i have never bashed Indy from cincinnati. Like it or not Chicago is simply a better city. Hey how about you tell your parnter BRG to stop making a million threads about chicago and bashing chicago. Hell your telling me to stop bashing Indy do you know how many times Indy boosters have bashed chicago?
I'm pretty sure its just one Indy booster in particular who consistently bashes Chicago.

3,004 posts, read 5,150,626 times
Quote:
bahahaha ive been a chicago booster i like how your on the chicago forums right now with your partner BRG and Msamhunter, anyway i have never bashed Indy from cincinnati. Like it or not Chicago is simply a better city. Hey how about you tell your parnter BRG to stop making a million threads about chicago and bashing chicago. Hell your telling me to stop bashing Indy do you know how many times Indy boosters have bashed chicago?
Uh im from here and uh indie has a point u would be the cincy version of brg.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:28 PM

271 posts, read 458,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Uh im from here and uh indie has a point u would be the cincy version of brg.
Clearly he is, the old thread about STL vs Cincy proves it.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:48 PM

300 posts, read 639,141 times
Yeah..Downtown, Northside, and South Loop are booming, what about the Southside & the Westside?

Old 04-27-2013, 05:56 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Revival View Post
Yeah..Downtown, Northside, and South Loop are booming, what about the Southside & the Westside?
West side? Ukrainian Village and West Loop have a number of projects going on or going to start in not that long. Logan Square...a few of them that I know of and more and more stuff coming in...just to name a few.

Southside? Not sure....Bronzeville has slowly been doing it (god I want to see that area get back so badly).

Old 04-27-2013, 06:07 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,907 times
Quote:
Wow Chicago is absolutely booming right now, Chicago currently has one of the fastest growing downtown's in America. The city is upgrading their transit, crime is going down, the economy is even booming with a faster growth rate than Indianapolis. Companies are moving fast to chicago because of its good business climate. No wonder lots of college students want to live here rather than places like Indy and MinneapolisI thought i would lighten up Chicago forums because everything is so damn negative...
Mayor Emanuel says local economy is booming -
Census Bureau reports 36 percent population growth in downtown Chicago - Chicago Tribune
Chicago had largest downtown population growth from 2000 to 2010
Hellz yeah

Old 04-27-2013, 06:11 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
West side? Ukrainian Village and West Loop have a number of projects going on or going to start in not that long. Logan Square...a few of them that I know of and more and more stuff coming in...just to name a few.

Southside? Not sure....Bronzeville has slowly been doing it (god I want to see that area get back so badly).
I think if bronzeville can get some night life. The HydePark -Bronzeville- Southloop area can be a place
where professional Blacks and progressive whites and Latinos can have a place to mingle.
Bronzeville can def be a nightlife hub with all the pent up demand from Hyde Park and even southshore.
The older residents from Hyde Park are adverse to any night life so Bville should pick up the slack.

I dont think race relations in Chicago are bad its just that professional minorities Blacks especially dont have that one spot they can call their own like Houston,Atlanta and NYC. HP-BV-SL,can be that place.

if I had the money I would open a bar and grill around there,investors just dont see the value and potential of that area. Even undervelop crime is really not an issue.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:29 PM

271 posts, read 458,768 times
Quote:
hey indy boosters how about you yall talk about how great chicago is since the thread is about this!
Chicago is a world-class city that rivals bigger cities like L.A. and NYC, thus it doesn't need you or us to talk about how good the city is in a constant way, in addition; Indianapolis also doesn't need any boosters the city is just doing fine and it speaks for itself, however if we mention positive points about the city, that doesn't mean we are "boosting" the city, please remember this because you always falsely accuse me of this. Peace out.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:26 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Hyde Park is booming!

I was talking to a Lincoln Parker who thought it was so random for Akira to open a flagship store in Hyde Park. He couldn't believe that Whole Foods where opening a new store at 53rd and Lake Park.

I really hope that Chicago could outgrow some of their neighborhood prejudices and the city could come together and become a true international gem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago