Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 08:21 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,873 times

Advertisements

Why don't you get rid of the pit bulls and get less dangerous dogs? You'll have a much better time finding a rental and your neighbors will probably be much more welcoming as well.
I'm sure you're dogs are great with kids and other dogs, but how often have we heard that....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 03:51 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,352,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Why don't you get rid of the pit bulls and get less dangerous dogs? You'll have a much better time finding a rental and your neighbors will probably be much more welcoming as well.
I'm sure you're dogs are great with kids and other dogs, but how often have we heard that....
Useless, unhelpful answer.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Useless, unhelpful answer.
Sometimes the truth hurts.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:10 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Sometimes stupidity hurts to read.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:44 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,754,662 times
Here's another useless, unhelpful answer: FIND NEW HOMES FOR THE DOGS! How would YOU like to live your life locked up in an apartment? Who's going to let them out when you're at work? I love pit bulls; I'm on my third, but I would never keep one in an apartment. Think about THEIR needs, not your own.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:40 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,352,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Here's another useless, unhelpful answer: FIND NEW HOMES FOR THE DOGS! How would YOU like to live your life locked up in an apartment? Who's going to let them out when you're at work? I love pit bulls; I'm on my third, but I would never keep one in an apartment. Think about THEIR needs, not your own.
I have a pit bull in an apartment and she's just fine, thank you very much. It's called using a leash and taking the pup for a walk and/or taking them to the park. Tons of city dwelling dog owners have managed with dogs bigger than 50lbs. It's crazy ignorant to say you "love" pit bulls but say the OP needs to give his up when THOUSANDS of pit bulls are put down every year due to lack of homes. Better that they live with him in an apartment versus spending a few short days at animal control before getting euthanized. At least the OP is doing the responsible thing by doing the research first.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:24 PM

1 posts, read 920 times
I know this is an old post, but were you able to find a place in downtown? I'm currently looking for an apartment right now with my pitbull puppy and it seems like every building has a breed restriction.

Old 12-12-2014, 01:33 AM

29 posts, read 120,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 12-12-2014, 05:12 AM

846 posts, read 1,401,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee728 View Post
I know this is an old post, but were you able to find a place in downtown? I'm currently looking for an apartment right now with my pitbull puppy and it seems like every building has a breed restriction.
I rent through Becovic and they allow pets up to 75 lbs. We only have cats, so I haven't asked specifically about breed restrictions. Their current portfolio is pretty limited because it's not moving season, but maybe something to look into.

Old 12-15-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Really? Pitbulls aren't dangerous? Wow, all those news stories about pitbulls mauling children must have been made up by some dog-hating newspaper columnist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: