Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 09:43 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times

Advertisements

The Chicago PD site has accurate data on reported crimes but it does not take a tremendous effort to notice that this area is not partcularly convenient to any sort of really desirable amenities / employment options... How little are you hoping to spend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 09:54 PM

1,975 posts, read 5,213,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
West Loop might be good for that, but your budget of $2000/month for a 2 bedroom might not be feasible there. It's hard to say. There might be some places at that price, but the nicer buildings not really. You'd have to do more research on that. There are some good restaurants in the area, and it's mostly safe, but it's not the absolutely cheapest part of town either.
I have been looking at 2br/2ba places in both Wicker Park and the West Loop, and actually think it seems easier to get a place with modern updates cheaper in the West Loop than in Wicker Park. Although, Wicker Park has less modern options for cheaper.

I think the toughest thing about that price range in Wicker Park will be getting that second bathroom. That being said they are out there. I looked at a few lately that were good places around that price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziemommy View Post
Thanks to all for interesting feedback. It was suggested to me on the 'burbs string that I consider West Loop so if anyone could weigh in on what they know about West Loop area, I would be most appreciate. Again, really interested in a reasonably "safe", walkable neighborhood with access to groceries, restaurrants, libraries. Not into the nighlife aspect.
Thanks in advance.
Wicker Park/Bucktown is a more traditional city neighborhood with more amenities. The West Loop is a revitalized loft district that used to be an industrial area in the past. The West Loop has a lot of good dining options but will not be as active as Wicker Park/Bucktown on a day-to-day basis. Also, you want to be east of Ogden if living in the West Loop. For amenities in the West Loop the closer to Halsted you are the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago