Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 11:58 AM

5,525 posts, read 13,950,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier xerxes View Post
Not sure what will happen with alot of people on hard drugs. Alot of people committ crimes because they are on drugs. There should be areas that are All Drug Allowed Areas then
with huge walls around them. In those areas there would be no laws whatsoever. If you want out you have to live in a temporary holding area to detox and then you may leave when you test negative.
Hamsterdam!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 12:00 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,206,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by japster28 View Post
Only option really is to push them out with gentrification
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparz View Post
Legalize all the drugs and vices and tax the hell out of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
An increase in shootings is a good thing. They can kill each other off quicker and rid the community of their presence through their own self-destruction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
You would if a point if they weren't reproducing at high rate. The next generation with be even worse than this one and so forth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier xerxes View Post
There should be areas that are All Drug Allowed Areas then
with huge walls around them. In those areas there would be no laws whatsoever.
I don't know what the answer is, but some of you scare me more than I've ever been scared by a gang member.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:12 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,571,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
I don't know what the answer is, but some of you scare me more than I've ever been scared by a gang member.
Not everyone is capable of accepting the naked truth. I would wager that you have not spent much time around certain types of people.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Not everyone is capable of accepting the naked truth. I would wager that you have not spent much time around certain types of people.
If by "certain types of people" you mean "people who live in poverty and/or aren't white," I've spent much of my life around them.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
If by "certain types of people" you mean "people who live in poverty and/or aren't white," I've spent much of my life around them.

Then why are you still so naive?

Old 06-21-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Then why are you still so naive?
See, I would assume that you haven't spent much time with people in poverty, and if you said you had, I would ask, "Then why are you still so cruel?"

Different worldviews, I suppose.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:54 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparz View Post
We really want to stop this violence in one fell swoop? How radical do we want to be to do it?

Legalize all the drugs and vices and tax the hell out of them. Overnight all these gangbangers are out of work and have nothing to fight over when anyone can pick up their stuff at a corner kwik-e-mart.

I don't think so. While there still may be trouble, I think that it's drastically less if their immediate neighbors aren't also in the trade and no one on their block will tolerate them standing on the corner selling drugs.
If drugs are legalized then these dudes on the corner will just come up with another tactic to find a dollar I.e. armed robbery.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:12 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakparkdude View Post
Hamsterdam!
Is this some sort of Dutch pork processing facility?

Old 06-21-2012, 03:13 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,950,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Is this some sort of Dutch pork processing facility?
Google/Wikipedia the "The Wire".

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamsterdam

Last edited by oakparkdude; 06-21-2012 at 03:44 PM..

Old 06-21-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
See, I would assume that you haven't spent much time with people in poverty, and if you said you had, I would ask, "Then why are you still so cruel?"

Different worldviews, I suppose.
I live in Woodlawn and grew up on the south side of Chicago. I've had enough experience with these animals to realize that there is no hope for the vast majority of them. They will continue to be ignorant. They will continue to be violent(ridiculously so). Each generation will continue to get worse, period.

Keep those rose-colored glasses on though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago