Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 01:51 PM

2,756 posts, read 4,419,508 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info and stories and such. Much appreciated.

I think I'll still take public transportation at least the first time, but I do forsee a longish day. In the end, driving could be sucky since my AC is broken, and early summer seems to often = all day rush hour like traffic.

Thanks again.

Am still curious if someone has a favorite "hole in the wall" chaat place on the strip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 06:46 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,516,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Bradley View Post
Some guy I went on a blind date with back in 2002 or so took me to Devon St. for dinner (we both loved Indian food). Afterwards he took me to a video rental place where he bought some kind of legal street stimulant.. pink stuff wrapped in a leaf (I've since discovered the leaf was betel, still don't know what the contents were). I was willing to try it, but required 1.5 sweet lassis to get rid of the headache it gave me. I weighed about 90 pounds at the time.. so.. probably wasn't a good idea to chew the whole thing.
Paan. I've been meaning to try some.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:52 PM

2,756 posts, read 4,419,508 times
So thanks for all your recs.

I've been waiting for a cooler day, but since it will probably by 110 degrees by next week, I went to Devon Ave. today. I drove because I decided that even though I didn't have working air conditioning in my car, it would still worse to be lugging home a bunch of stuff on my back, on the bus, on the trains... etc..

So I was pleasantly surprised. On advice from here I had lunch at Khan BBQ. I was going to get the chicken boti but then I changed mid order because it was TOO HOT and I just couldn't face a plate full of chicken/meat. Surprising to me, their dal and aloo paratha were really good. I was figuring a barbacue place would skimp on these. Good deal. Then I went and got all the spices, rice, dried stuff I needed from Patel brothers. Good deal.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:56 AM

183 posts, read 339,489 times
If I had seen this thread earlier, I would have advised you to take the redline to the Loyola stop, then wait for the 155 bus which goes west down Devon ave. Try Karachi Grill next time. Good Chicken Tikki Masala.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago