Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:58 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,626,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0nb0n View Post
hahahah meet me at one of the clubs i mentioned lol
DM me with your pic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 08:55 PM

37 posts, read 92,392 times
Thanks a lot for all your replies.

Forgot to mention an important thing! I am a student here. So, I am looking for places with minimal or no cover charge.

Thanks!

Old 10-07-2008, 09:04 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,803,926 times
There are more bars and clubs in Chicago than you can possibly list. But the people on this thread are doing a bad job so far. Yes, Rush & Division does suck. It's for tourists and bachelorette parties.

Check out MetroMix (www.metromix.com) for good synopses of different bars and clubs. They do a passable job of getting around the city and reviewing night spots, but they have the most complete listings.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:28 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,110,386 times
For the record, only someone living in Houston (or anywhere else that is not Chicago) would recommend heading to Excalibur.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:54 PM

89 posts, read 267,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
For the record, only someone living in Houston (or anywhere else that is not Chicago) would recommend heading to Excalibur.
Well he asked for places to hook up...and I've only been to Excalibur on two occasions for European events and had a good time but regardless seems like somewhere for an easy hookup...

btw most clubs/lounges in Chicago charge a cover but a lot of them have nights where the cover if free till a certain time or they'll just let u in for free if they like you although I guess this happens more often to girls haha

Old 10-07-2008, 10:58 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,110,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0nb0n View Post
Well he asked for places to hook up...and I've only been to Excalibur on two occasions for European events and had a good time but regardless seems like somewhere for an easy hookup...
He said hook up for a date, not genital herpes.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:09 AM

569 posts, read 1,820,687 times
General rule of thumb is that Chicago's nightlife scene is divided into 3 areas... clubs, bars, and lounges. House music spun by resident Chicago deejays typically dominates the major clubs and lounges that cater to the younger crowd. Hip hop is there but usually in the secondary rooms. These places are rather trendy so dress to impress. Chicago also has a thriving bar scene which caters to the older crowds. There are areas with bars that go for blocks. You also have your neighborhood corner dive bars. Hip hop typically dominates this scene and is considered fairly casual. You also have indie/hard rock clubs, jazz and blues clubs, piano bars, martini bars, etc. Lots of stuff to go around.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:00 PM

89 posts, read 267,946 times
Quote:
He said hook up for a date, not genital herpes.
eh, the way i see it is when guys say "hook up for a date" really they would settle for genital herpes too lol
that was just my interpretation

Old 10-09-2008, 06:54 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,747,349 times
Quote:
What's wrong with Excalibur? It's a mainstream place where many professional go - kinda crowd I like. I don't like skank bars or mixing in with people that have no careers. I don't want a woman that has no college degree either.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:57 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,626,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
What's wrong with Excalibur? It's a mainstream place where many professional go - kinda crowd I like. I don't like skank bars or mixing in with people that have no careers. I don't want a woman that has no college degree either.
Good luck finding a woman that does not mind you dressing in womens clothing and the fact that you cannot hold down a job for very long. If you are looking for a woman that will tolerate those two issues I suggest being a tad less picky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago