Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 05:06 PM

308 posts, read 1,617,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublesuited77 View Post
don't worry about getting jumped. there won't be many other people there unless they are playing Detroit, where it will be all Red Wings fans.
And this is exactly why I was asking. We almost got lynched in Denver when we flew in to see Detroit play. Other states not quite so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
My kind of topic! *rubs hands together*

You can drive from Elgin straight south to Geneva and take the train to Ogilvie Transporation Center and walk due west on Madison right to the UC. Its a bit of a hike as Frank says, but its not that bad really. I usually drive from Warrenville on 88 and exit on Damon and its right there. Traffic sucks though, I must warn you.

You should also check out the Rockford Ice Hogs. Theyre the Hawks' new affiliate, they moved from Norfolk. You can go see them and watch all the struggling guys, LOL (ie St. Pierre, Bourque, etc).

Anyone going to the home opener against Detroilet?
Thanks, Steve. I am attempting not to drive if at all possible. Seems far easier just to take the train in and apparently either hike or bus myself the rest of the way. We shall see! I have a few more weeks before the opener, which I *plan* to attend at this time. My lab schedule may say otherwise, so yet again, we shall see! Also still trying to find a hockey enthusiast in the dept I can rope into going with me.

I will definitely keep Rockford on my potential "entertainment" list. The "little" guys can be just as enjoyable to watch, sometimes more so depending upon the team(s).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 05:10 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Well, good luck in finding Hawks fans though. LOL I think Im one of 3 on these entire boards. Strangely most people are Islanders fans. Figure that one out!!! LOL

Just dont venture west of Damen, it gets shady from there on out.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Well, good luck in finding Hawks fans though. LOL I think Im one of 3 on these entire boards. Strangely most people are Islanders fans. Figure that one out!!! LOL

Just dont venture west of Damen, it gets shady from there on out.
Yeppers, thus far, I get blank stares . . . You want me to go where to watch who?! Chickadee I know who follows the Isles took great pleasure in telling me how much they suck since I've ribbed her quite a bit over her team the past several years.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramour View Post
Yeppers, thus far, I get blank stares . . . You want me to go where to watch who?! Chickadee I know who follows the Isles took great pleasure in telling me how much they suck since I've ribbed her quite a bit over her team the past several years.
Eh, the Islanders have sucked since Mike Bossy-era. The only NY team on the radar is the Rags. Other than that, the Isles play 2nd fiddle to the Rags and Devils, even the Pens sometimes.

The Hawks will be back, mark my words. The UC will hopefully be as loud as the old Stadium with any luck. Weve got a stellar team built up, lets hope Savard can make things work.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:47 PM

So I finally made it to a hockey game this past Friday night--a bit later than expected, but, oh, well. Schedules suck.

The 2 mile walk from Union Station to the United Center wasn't so bad after all. I had more hassles trying to find the right exit from the Station than I did actually getting to the Center. That, and a slight overlook on the schedule that apparently indicates Metra does not run to my station on the weekends, which I only figured out less than 5 minutes before it was about to return to Chicago. BUT, I know what to expect next time so all is well! Thanks, again, for the info everybody.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:23 AM

So you got to witness Toews' sweet goal against the Avs? Must be nice.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 9,353 times
Hello,
I am coming down from Green Bay, WI this weekend to go to the Blackhawks vs Red Wings game. Is the Ogilvie station in walking distance of the United Center? We are taking it from Waukegan. Also, how much does a Cab cost or a Bus to take from the station to the United Center.
Thanks

Old 04-08-2009, 05:18 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,960,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate1331 View Post
Hello,
I am coming down from Green Bay, WI this weekend to go to the Blackhawks vs Red Wings game. Is the Ogilvie station in walking distance of the United Center? We are taking it from Waukegan. Also, how much does a Cab cost or a Bus to take from the station to the United Center.
Thanks
Olgiville is not walking distance from the train station, at least I wouldnt walk it... You can take the Clinton Blue line to Damen and then walk to the UC. It will be about 4 block walk to the Clinton stop and then another 3 blocks or so to the UC. I would probaly just take a cab though. I bet it would be under 10 bucks each way

Old 04-08-2009, 05:38 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long101 View Post
Olgiville is not walking distance from the train station, at least I wouldnt walk it... You can take the Clinton Blue line to Damen and then walk to the UC. It will be about 4 block walk to the Clinton stop and then another 3 blocks or so to the UC. I would probaly just take a cab though. I bet it would be under 10 bucks each way
Uh, the #20 Madison bus stops right outside the station.

The bus is 2 bucks.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:06 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
^^Ditto jdiddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago