Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 12:28 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,199,361 times

Advertisements

I wondered that too about taj
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 12:38 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,419,077 times
Ehh, Miami's got the biggest group of fair weather fans I've ever seen. Horrible sports town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
I will say this too, Miami is a tougher place to play than Chicago. Their fans can get really loud, cocky, and the all white is much more glaring than the all red.

It's a shame while the United Center is not super quiet, I really can't say it's all that loud either, only when there is a dunk, we tied up, take the lead, etc. UC is not an intimidating place to play IMO.

Also, why the hell isn't Taj Gibson being put more in the game? He has proved to play really well against Miami.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:41 PM

994 posts, read 1,830,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
Ehh, Miami's got the biggest group of fair weather fans I've ever seen. Horrible sports town.
By far, which is why I hate them even more. There is no doubt however, that they are pretty loud.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:48 PM

1,953 posts, read 4,960,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
I wondered that too about taj
Boozer had a pretty good game (offense wise), after he got over his 1 for 8 slump he started to get his shooting down. Too bad he cant take it to the basket stronger

Old 05-23-2011, 01:33 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
Rose needs another perimeter scoring option. Thibodeau needs to play Korver because of his shooting, but his defense is awful. Bogans and Brewer both play good defense but aren't options to score off the dribble.

At this point the pick and roll with Rose and Noah isn't working. It might be better to just have a 1-4 set with Rose when Bibby or Chalmers is guarding him. He can take either one of them off the dribble and the bulls have been able to get some good offense when they double Rose at the top of the key.

The defense has been all right. The Bulls are giving up about 88 points per game in the series even with Bosh and LeBron having some huge games.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:55 PM

590 posts, read 1,013,036 times
Guys, first I live in Fla, I am a Heat fan, but I ma not here to talk trash. As many in this forum know I love Chicago and respect the city and their fans.

As for the series, which is far from over, don't be harsh on your team. They are a young bunch, already making it to the Conference Finals, it's a huge achievement. And of course they are not out yet.

I think Miami played badly the first game and I remember hoping toward the mid 4th quarter that Chicago would destroy us. I knew that the Heat needed to go down badly to then wake up.

The Heat have found the way to play then Bulls with a few major adjustments: a) don't get outrebounded by 20 rebounds. b)defend tough under your basket, Chicago will always have 2nd chances against the Heat but conceding 10-12 is one thing, conceding 24 is another one.

Miami is playing hard defense, we are probably the best defense right now in the NBA. Chicago comes very close, but they lack some experience. For their age, the Bulls are having an amazing season and this team will last at the top for years. The Heat need to get their trophies now, they probably have 3 years to get the most.

Also, what made a huge difference is the contribution of Udonis Haslem, very underrated player, but very important. He is a true Miami guy, born there, went there to high school, Miami Hurricanes in college, then the Heat. He cares more than the rest of the team put together.

Anyway, as a Heat fan I am not too relaxed. We are playing well, but the Bulls are always there, they stick around to the very end, and every time it looks like we can pull away, they come back and close in, so it's open.

Honestly I have another reason beside heart to root for the Heat (I have $ 500.00 on them to win the NBA title, that will give two grand, which will turn useful in September for my week of vacation in the Windy City...).

What I think the Bulls should do is to play more uptempo. When they recover the ball on defense, pass it up, don't walk it. When the Heat defense is set, they are a tough bunch. Chicago should try to play faster, tire Miami a little (Wade is struggling with injuries and he looks overtired after 1 quarter).
Also the Bulls need to do more penetration with Rose; that will either give him many easy lay-ups or will load the Heat with fouls.

Noah is on and off, because he is an emotional guy. But you can tell he cares and he gives all he has; he just need to be a little cooler and he too needs to penetrate more.
Gibson and Deng are not playing enough, which is good for the Heat.

Good luck!

Old 05-23-2011, 04:00 PM

NBA Playoffs 2011: NBA fines Bulls' Noah $50K - ESPN Chicago

Noah fined.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Bull. Sorry, with all due respect, I think there is too much of unnecessary "political correctness" in the USA. He was insulted by a fan, he answered back (something like F... gay or a similar term). The gay association got on the NBa's butt and pushed for sanctions.

I don't have a problem with gays, I don't have a problem with anybody. I have a friend who's gay, I have plenty of black-hispanics and some Asian friends.

But I think there are too many associations inn the US with too thin of a skin. It's not like he released an interview with cold mind saying he dislikes gays. It wan in the heat of the moment, lot of tension, he was heavily insulted...give him a break.
Just my opinion, no disrespect to anybody.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:15 PM

Agreed.

And some fan called Charles Barkley the n word after the Game doing the aftershow.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
Bull. Sorry, with all due respect, I think there is too much of unnecessary "political correctness" in the USA. He was insulted by a fan, he answered back (something like F... gay or a similar term). The gay association got on the NBa's butt and pushed for sanctions.

I don't have a problem with gays, I don't have a problem with anybody. I have a friend who's gay, I have plenty of black-hispanics and some Asian friends.

But I think there are too many associations inn the US with too thin of a skin. It's not like he released an interview with cold mind saying he dislikes gays. It wan in the heat of the moment, lot of tension, he was heavily insulted...give him a break.
Just my opinion, no disrespect to anybody.
Just to clarify, cause there's always someone misreading on purpose. When I said I have a lot of black, Hispanics and Asian friends I just meant I don't have a problem with people who, in any way, are different than I am, be it for background, ethnicity or choice/lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago