Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 09:25 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
Actually, I thought Cousin's was vegan Middle Eastern. Unless it's changed since the last time I was there.

You also didn't mention Mi Ciudad, which is an Ecuadorian restaurant in eastern Irving Park.
You may be right about Cousin's.

I wasn't that impressed with Mi Ciudad. La Humita over on Pulaski is better for Ecuadorian IMO. I'm not sure if it's any more or less authentic since I don't exactly have a fine-tuned baseline for what Equadorian cuisine is supposed to taste like... but I found the food at La Humita to be tastier and better prepared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 11:01 AM

75 posts, read 224,645 times
Default restaurants!

Drover-

thanks for all the tips on good eats

Old 04-01-2011, 11:02 AM

75 posts, read 224,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiRNMom View Post
I have to agree with this. But for us, that's part of what attracts us to the neighborhood. If children weren't part of the equation, we'd go more into the city.
Fortunately for us, kids arent an issue. Dont have any now, nor do we plan to. So that gives us more options, i think.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:50 AM

3 posts, read 3,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
The future of Six Corners is going to hinge on who is elected Alderman of the 45th ward and if Six Corners is remapped out of the 45th ward in the every decade ward remap.

Without a revitalized Six Corners, Portage Park will be as good as gone.

Tony you can say that again. Not sure the people made the right choice with the new Alderman Elect though. That is to be seen! If you are on facebook be sure to join the FB page for the 45th Ward, it is being formed to create a communication "portal" for the citizens of the 45th ward. We have to be advocates for our neighborhood and let it represent what the constiuents want and not what one person (the alderman) or one group (PNNA) wants. [URL]https://www.facebook.com/pages/45th-Ward-Citizens/195025827201098[/URL] hope to see your input there!

Old 04-14-2011, 12:25 PM

537 posts, read 1,035,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45th Ward Citizens View Post
Tony you can say that again. Not sure the people made the right choice with the new Alderman Elect though. That is to be seen! If you are on facebook be sure to join the FB page for the 45th Ward, it is being formed to create a communication "portal" for the citizens of the 45th ward. We have to be advocates for our neighborhood and let it represent what the constiuents want and not what one person (the alderman) or one group (PNNA) wants. https://www.facebook.com/pages/45th-...95025827201098 hope to see your input there!
If you're are going to spam the forum with links it would be great if you knew how to post one.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/45th-...95025827201098

Old 04-14-2011, 12:32 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcho View Post
If you're are going to spam the forum with links it would be great if you knew how to post one.

URL formatting doesn't work here until you've had a certain number of posts.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:56 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,632,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcho View Post

If you're going to be rude to a new poster for no reason it'd be great if you knew anything about anything.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:08 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,339,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45th Ward Citizens View Post
Tony you can say that again. Not sure the people made the right choice with the new Alderman Elect though. That is to be seen!
I agree.

I see John Arena being pretty Portage Park centric. Whether he can get anything done for Portage Park and Six Corners is quite another story. He spent many years on the Portage Park neighborhood association and has really nothing positive to show for it. The other neighborhoods of the ward could end up suffering greatly. I hope he steps up to the plate and does not strike out.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,469 times
My husband and I are moving to Chicago in about 4 weeks and really fell in love with a house in Portage Park. So, is this area safe?

After reading through all the posts on the forum and checking the Chicago crime tracker I'm really not sure how I feel about it anymore. We walked through the area, walked around the actual Portage Park and left feeling like it was one of the safer areas and likely a good place to live for the next few years. I would really appreciate any response...

Old 05-02-2011, 07:42 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,258,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciner View Post
My husband and I are moving to Chicago in about 4 weeks and really fell in love with a house in Portage Park. So, is this area safe?

After reading through all the posts on the forum and checking the Chicago crime tracker I'm really not sure how I feel about it anymore. We walked through the area, walked around the actual Portage Park and left feeling like it was one of the safer areas and likely a good place to live for the next few years. I would really appreciate any response...
It sounds like you did your due diligence. If it feels fine to you and the crime levels are tolerable, what is holding you back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago