Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 08:11 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,770,324 times

Advertisements

Office is a verb now?

Old 07-05-2010, 12:55 PM

829 posts, read 2,090,084 times
It is true that a large percent of visitors of the taste of Chicago are young under 18 black teens. I think many of you may be racist, but most people don't have a problem with the race, it really is a fact of it being all of those teenagers out in such large numbers since school is out for the summer that makes some rational thinking people uncomfortable. The taste for the most part mirrors the city of Chicago. It is a free festival and everyone pretty much shows up by the millions. The fact is very little crime happens at the taste on a per capita basis of the millions who visit. If you don't enjoy being around young black and hispanic teens then don't go to the taste during the leisure hours when the teen population frequents the taste. Chicago's teen population is overwhelmingly black and hispanic. That is a fact that will probably not be changing. Middle class and upper middle class white families with teenage kids live in the burbs for the most part in the Chicagoland area. So do most middle class and upper middle class black families for that matter. Chicago doesn't have a large population of lower class whites. Lower income white and many Mexican families in general tend to want to live in rural communities and larger working class towns a good distance from Chicago like Rockford. Black and most hispanic lower income families prefer the inner city and low income inner ring suburbs of chicago.

Last edited by allen2323; 07-05-2010 at 01:45 PM..

Old 07-05-2010, 03:32 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,193,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
It ... really is a fact of it being all of those teenagers out in such large numbers since school is out for the summer that makes some rational thinking people uncomfortable.
I think you are correct.

Quote:
The taste for the most part mirrors the city of Chicago. It is a free festival and everyone pretty much shows up by the millions. The fact is very little crime happens at the taste on a per capita basis of the millions who visit.
True, but there is a large contingent of tourists who show up from out of town for the Taste, too.

Quote:
If you don't enjoy being around young black and hispanic teens then don't go to the taste during the leisure hours when the teen population frequents the taste.
Correct, again.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:02 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,325,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
People should understand that in a city with a minority population of 60% public festivals are going to attract many minorities. Many of these folks will not speak with the same accent as others.
So obscene language is an "accent" now?

Maybe I'm just an old-fashioned prude, but I don't much care for it when people use obscenities loudly in public -- especially in an area where there are bound to be young children around. I think it's inconsiderate and disrespectful.

And it has nothing to do with race. I don't like it when white people do it, either.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:16 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,193,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
Maybe I'm just an old-fashioned prude, but I don't much care for it when people use obscenities loudly in public -- especially in an area where there are bound to be young children around. I think it's inconsiderate and disrespectful.

And it has nothing to do with race. I don't like it when white people do it, either.
I feel much the same way. But, if folks do that, I'm not going to wish them back to their own neighborhood, or some such. I give them a 'look'.

The attitudes here make inconsideration and disrespect cause for being banned from the polite hordes in the city center. Remember the bare-chested drunks at the Taste staggering with seven or eight plastic beer cups stacked in their hands? You don't see that any more.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:46 PM

170 posts, read 536,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldawg1594 View Post
1. you didnt go to school in englewood.
2. dont try and talk tough through a computer. you want to fight me than lets go.

Than?

Old 07-05-2010, 10:48 PM

342 posts, read 1,233,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i blame history View Post
Than?
then. thanks for the correction professor.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:49 PM

170 posts, read 536,373 times
Quote:
then. thanks for the correction professor.
You're welcome.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:17 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,043,711 times
Quote:
i didn't live in naperville. i lived in aurora and went to school in naperville, where as a white kid i was a minority. so don't call me mr. naperville because you don't know what you're talking about. and dont try to talk like you're so tough unless you can back it up.

Nothing says 'tough guy' like someone who challenges another person to a fight on an anonymous internet chat board.

What are you gonna do, meet him in cyberspace to duke it out?

This cracks me up!

Old 07-06-2010, 09:43 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,815,368 times
When I was a white teenager in Wisconsin twenty years ago, I probably would have said, "Let's get some motherf___ing pizza" in a public place.

Teenagers swear a lot. This is nothing new. I find it more disturbing when adults do it in front of their kids. Or when very young kids do it, which is what I see a lot of in the inner city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago