Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 08:56 AM

1,966 posts, read 6,075,201 times

Advertisements

It's not just the mafia -- Italians were typically stereotyped as lazy, stupid, and uncivilized. But it's just a fact. If you argue with me you are ignoring facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukwoo View Post
Well, clearly each and every Italian American is responsible for the crimes of the Mafia.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:58 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,031,839 times
Where are the fathers?

read that link and answer one simple question (but you won't). when 70% of "fathers" in a particular race abandon their offspring, is that desirable behavior? Answer the question, but you're too scared to (sukwoo and others). 70% is not SOME it is MOST.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:04 AM

Yes, you are right. I won't answer. I'm scared of reason and logic. You are the only one who is rational. Everyone else is all politically correct and ignores the facts.

Look, I'm the first person to realize that as a whole the black community in this country is very sick. I also see many, many exceptions, though (hundreds of brilliant and successful blacks covering a huge range of disciplines), and I see intrinsic good in them (as in every group) and have great hope for the future. The history is very ****ed up. In time they will reach their potential in this country. Just look at some of the progress and good signs in addition to the bad ones.

I agree a big part of the problem is also the culture of entitlement and victimhood that has evolved. But I don't intrinsically condemn the race,nor do i think blacks in America are the only blacks in the world on which to judge such an opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Where are the fathers?

read that link and answer one simple question (but you won't). when 70% of "fathers" in a particular race abandon their offspring, is that desirable behavior? Answer the question, but you're too scared to (sukwoo and others).

Old 03-11-2009, 09:06 AM

In time they will reach their potential? What kind of fairy tale Obama brain washed world do you live in (no offense )? Open your eyes and judge people on what they do and what they are, not what "they will be one day just because i think so." that is an inexperienced viewpoint to have.

Look, should I post the IQ results? I think it makes perfect sense (that is the way things are and the way things will continue to be) and I think it is a joke that anyone would give a certain group special treatment over another. kind of like how sukwoo does. Why not give the hispanics special treatment? why not give asians special treatment? why not give people from india special treatment? why? is it because the media has programmed easily impressionable people to give special treatment to certain groups even though no one is deserving of such special treatment especially when who they are does not warrant it given of all the flaws of said particular group.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:11 AM

5,525 posts, read 13,947,108 times
Quote:
Where are the fathers?

read that link and answer one simple question (but you won't). when 70% of "fathers" in a particular race abandon their offspring, is that desirable behavior? Answer the question, but you're too scared to (sukwoo and others).
I'm not afraid. I'm a liberal, but I'm not stupid. Ignoring the problems endemic in parts of the black community is counterproductive. I've posted before in many threads about dealing with the problems of the black underclass.

That being said, if a stable black professional family moved in next door (say mom is a teacher, dad is a doctor), do you say to yourself, "This family is black, therefore they are undesirable." or do you judge them as individuals?

Old 03-11-2009, 09:14 AM

This same argument has been made historically against many groups of people (including the Dagos). It might be correct, but I doubt it. I just judge in my lifetime all of the cerebral things that I was told blacks would never be able to do (quarterback, CEO, manager, coach, mathematician, etc.). They seem capable of excelling in all of these areas. I also don't think that an IQ test measures anybody's innate intelligence.

You can't prove any of this and neither can I. Don't act like you have the facts on your side. It is your opinion. I disagree with it based on what I have witnessed and learned over the past 40+ years. It has nothing to do with Obama so please stop that facile nonsense.

Quote:
In time they will reach their potential? What kind of fairy tale Obama brain washed world do you live in (no offense )? Open your eyes and judge people on what they do and what they are, not what "they will be one day just because i think so." that is an inexperienced viewpoint to have.

Look, should I post the IQ results? I think it makes perfect sense (that is the way things are and the way things will continue to be) and I think it is a joke that anyone would give a certain group special treatment over another. kind of like how sukwoo does. Why not give the hispanics special treatment? why not give asians special treatment? why not give people from india special treatment? why? is it because the media has programmed easily impressionable people to give special treatment to certain groups even though no one is deserving of such special treatment especially when who they are does not warrant it given of all the flaws of said particular group.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I'm not afraid. I'm a liberal, but I'm not stupid. Ignoring the problems endemic in parts of the black community is counterproductive. I've posted before in many threads about dealing with the problems of the black underclass.

That being said, if a stable black professional family moved in next door (say mom is a teacher, dad is a doctor), do you say to yourself, "This family is black, therefore they are undesirable." or do you judge them as individuals?
haha, if things were only that simple. everyone is unique. i'd base my opinions off of them on their disposition, the company they bring around, and the way that they "keep" their property. if they are like most in the neighborhood, then it's all good. but if they have barbecues where they bring their low class thuggish ruggish to the bone nephews around, then there's gonna be some problems. unless the entire family is middle class (not happening in chicago for the MOST part), then they are bound to have some folks in their family who come from undesirable locations. And without those folks moving next door, those people from poor environments would never have set foot in my neighborhood. you bring anyone from the a lower class enviornment (yellow, orange, green, or purple), odds are they are going to be more criminally minded and lack a code of ethics in comparison to the residents of the neighborhood that I am in.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:22 AM

I guess it really comes down to two issues:

1. If, by Western standards, you think blacks are *as a whole* innately inferior (not each person, just on average).
2. If so, how do you apply this belief to an individual black that may or may not represent the average

I think many, many people feel that (1) is true. They just won't say it directly (unlike At1). You have to give him credit for being honest. I don't think it's true. No one can prove or disprove this.

(2) though is a totally separate issue. As Suckwoo said, I judge everyone as an individual. I suspect some other people will apply their belief about the average member of the group to each individual, like it is a theorem that has to apply in each case. That is the ignorant part in my opinion.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
This same argument has been made historically against many groups of people (including the Dagos). It might be correct, but I doubt it. I just judge in my lifetime all of the cerebral things that I was told blacks would never be able to do (quarterback, CEO, manager, coach, mathematician, etc.). They seem capable of excelling in all of these areas. I also don't think that an IQ test measures anybody's innate intelligence.

You can't prove any of this and neither can I. Don't act like you have the facts on your side. It is your opinion. I disagree with it based on what I have witnessed and learned over the past 40+ years. It has nothing to do with Obama so please stop that facile nonsense.
They are capable. But why are most of them ignoring the incredilbe opportunities that myself and my kids will never be able to have? how come so many don't take advantage of that free education, of affirmative action, etc? that's the problem here, not the people themselves. Do they just give up? Do they get off the right path at an early age because they lack the family structure? I believe the envionment makes a person. And it is the environment that I have a problem with here. The problem is that the people of those environments would rather accept living how they are living instead of changing things for the better. this is evidenced by us history.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:25 AM

333 posts, read 1,147,587 times
Quote:
So its collective guilt day, huh? The sins of SOME blacks are reason enough to condemn all blacks. I suppose we should also blame the Jews for the crimes of Bernie Madoff. Also by that logic ALL men are a suspect group, since a minority of men are responsible for 99% of all violent crime.
Most blacks- not some- look at the stats in jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs