Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 04:20 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,509,731 times

Advertisements

If youre going to Buona Beef, go to the one in Itasca (nearby I-355 and I-90 I believe) on Saturday night, they host a pretty good car show held by the Voodoo Kings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 07:21 PM

25 posts, read 132,226 times
There are SOOO many good places to eat in Downers! If you want an actual restaurant, there are tons along Butterfield Rd. between Meyers in nearby Lombard to I355 in Downers. My personal faves are Champps - great sports bar in there too - and Buca Di Beppo is good italian. Maggianos and Wildfire are in the Oak Brook Mall area too. There are so many new restaurants there along that corridor now, all are excellant. There's also Cheeseburger in Paradise too but I remember that one always being packed. You won't have a problem finding good eats in Downers! Ugh, now I want to take a drive over there!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:53 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,749,161 times
You absolutely MUST go to Dali's Cafe on Main St. in downtown Downer's for breakfast. It is THE BEST breakfast restaurant EVER! I just moved to North Carolina and I miss it so much! It is only open till 2 or 3 I think, all omelets and the Dali's Special cinnamon French toast are highly recommended.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:47 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,727,553 times
All I have to say is Chicago musts are Gino's East, Giordanos, and Portillos. Downtown Naperville has a good selection of restaurants and bars. Bolingbrook has a fairly new mall at 355 and Boughton with some good restaurants. I suggest one of those three towns which are all really close to each other.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:37 PM

198 posts, read 823,366 times
Great suggestions. If you want to deviate from the Pizza, Beef and Hot Dogs head to Yorktown mall (corner of Butterfield and Highland Ave) where there is an array of restaurants from the Capital Grill steakhouse to Brio's Tuscan style bistro to Flat Tops stir fry and in the back of the mall in the Westin is Harry Carry's (our beloved Cubs anouncer's namesake restaurant who passed away a few years back) or head down Butterfield and stay on 22nd when Butterfield vears left and follow 22nd to Oak Brook Mall where there are more great restaurants (including one across the mall named after the Chicago Bear's famous Super Bowl coach - Ditka's). Along the way there will be even more restaurants including a Giordano's but there's also one on Main street in Downers. If you go to Ballydoyle - go later for the music and try to hit a night when one of the Irish bands are playing. One suggestion - no matter where you go with the exception of Portillo's - plan ahead if you want to eat during prime times and try to make reservations or be prepared to wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs