Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 09:18 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,359,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusz View Post
This is a completely false statement.

The highs are 80-90. The smog covers the sun most of the day. The humidity has been 80-90% for the last 3 months (on non rain days). I work nights and it is never 50-60 degrees, its usually around 72 degrees. I don't know where you live but it sucks in the Naperville/Downers Grove area.
I was talking about the average summer temps thus far, not just the last few days. Eveyrone knows the last few days have been very warm and muggy, it happens several times each summer, we all know that.

Anyways, I live in Warrenville, just right north of Naperville. Lets have a look, shall we? Lets see here... 14 days of the 21 days of July so far have been in the 50s and 60s at night, ONE NIGHT ALMOST IN THE 40s!
History : Weather Underground

June? 17 (!!!) days were in the 50s at night, 11 nights were in the 60s, and only 3 were in the 70s.

I pay close attention to the weather, its a stupid hobby of mine. lol Anyways, look at those temps, theyve been glorious. The problem is that people only remember the hot and sticky days, completely oblivious to the several weeks we had with 70 and 80 degree temps, with low humidities.

Next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 01:11 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,744,978 times
The grass will be fine, most of the state used to be covered with it, you know, the Prarie State.

Last edited by Irishtom29; 07-21-2008 at 01:33 PM..

Old 07-21-2008, 01:23 PM

142 posts, read 427,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusz View Post
This is a completely false statement.

The highs are 80-90. The smog covers the sun most of the day. The humidity has been 80-90% for the last 3 months (on non rain days). I work nights and it is never 50-60 degrees, its usually around 72 degrees. I don't know where you live but it sucks in the Naperville/Downers Grove area.
Do some travelling, live somewhere else for a while, and you'll realize it isn't as bad as you think. I loved living in Denver because the winters were milder than here, but I missed the changing of the seasons and the green grass (unless you water EVERY DAY, you aren't going to have nice grass in Denver). Much of the south and east has worse humidity than us. Much of the northwest is rainier. The winters here are brutal, but Chicago is about the best summer city in the U.S. when you consider weather and festivities.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:51 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,103,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I was talking about the average summer temps thus far, not just the last few days. Eveyrone knows the last few days have been very warm and muggy, it happens several times each summer, we all know that.

Anyways, I live in Warrenville, just right north of Naperville. Lets have a look, shall we? Lets see here... 14 days of the 21 days of July so far have been in the 50s and 60s at night, ONE NIGHT ALMOST IN THE 40s!

June? 17 (!!!) days were in the 50s at night, 11 nights were in the 60s, and only 3 were in the 70s.

I pay close attention to the weather, its a stupid hobby of mine. lol Anyways, look at those temps, theyve been glorious. The problem is that people only remember the hot and sticky days, completely oblivious to the several weeks we had with 70 and 80 degree temps, with low humidities.

Next.

See what you did, Steve-o? We were enjoying a nice, dry summer, until you had to mention the fact that a few blades of grass were going yellow. Just like that, we get a bunch of rain.

The grass will be fine, don't mention it again until October.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJT83 View Post
Do some travelling, live somewhere else for a while, and you'll realize it isn't as bad as you think. I loved living in Denver because the winters were milder than here, but I missed the changing of the seasons and the green grass (unless you water EVERY DAY, you aren't going to have nice grass in Denver). Much of the south and east has worse humidity than us. Much of the northwest is rainier. The winters here are brutal, but Chicago is about the best summer city in the U.S. when you consider weather and festivities.
Absolutely. Just comparing Chicago to Houston (a notoriously hot and humid city), Chicago averages 18 days over 90 degrees every year. Thats nothing. Nothing at all. Houston averages 97 days of 90+ degrees. Thats over 3 months worth. And after visiting Phoenix last June, I will NEVER call this area hot. Sure it gets sticky at times, but it doesnt stick around long. And the weather inbetween those hot periods is next to perfect, IMO.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:07 PM

142 posts, read 427,124 times
And if you think it's hot, then move to the polar ice cap.

Oh, wait, nevermind...

Old 07-21-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
See what you did, Steve-o? We were enjoying a nice, dry summer, until you had to mention the fact that a few blades of grass were going yellow. Just like that, we get a bunch of rain.

The grass will be fine, don't mention it again until October.
My bad.

Got some decent rain this morning for about 2 hours, then it was sunny again.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:13 AM

264 posts, read 2,143,718 times
Its been raining out for 2 weeks I'm getting sick of it. Make it stop.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:51 AM

313 posts, read 596,387 times
Odd thread for you to necro and post that in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs