Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 08:41 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,780,988 times

Advertisements

We're fine on the North Side of the city. Everything looks nice and lush for now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 11:41 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,508,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Anyone else noticing it? Grass is turning yellow, its getting hotter, no rain until Saturday...
Ya so it's about time for the dumbass towns of Orland and Tinley Park to put up their usual rediculos watering bans claiming its because there is some water shortage, when in fact it's because both towns over built and the Oak Lawn pumping station can't keep up with the demand when everyone starts watering and usually its about this time of year every year that the Oak Lawn pump blows out. (its happened now like the past 4 years in a row)

Old 07-16-2008, 03:56 PM

702 posts, read 2,523,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
Ya so it's about time for the dumbass towns of Orland and Tinley Park to put up their usual rediculos watering bans claiming its because there is some water shortage, when in fact it's because both towns over built and the Oak Lawn pumping station can't keep up with the demand when everyone starts watering and usually its about this time of year every year that the Oak Lawn pump blows out. (its happened now like the past 4 years in a row)

You're funny NY

Old 07-17-2008, 10:22 AM

220 posts, read 744,451 times
Bah...watering a lawn is a major waste of water. The lawns will be just fine. It's only a week without water.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Thats cool, Im far out west.

Sorry dude - thought you were South based on some of those polls you were doing. My bad.

How's the lawn? Still crispy? Do you have to wear shoes or risk injury?

Old 07-17-2008, 11:00 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidreemer View Post
Sorry dude - thought you were South based on some of those polls you were doing. My bad.

How's the lawn? Still crispy? Do you have to wear shoes or risk injury?
No prob.

Nah, the lawn isnt that bad yet, I definitely wouldnt go barefooted, its not that comfortable right now. Remember a few years back during that horrible drought we had? Now THAT was bad!!! Our grass looked and felt like hay. Whats funny was our neighbor at the time was outside watering his lawn, trying to keep it somewhat green-ish. I remember he looked at me and said "this is ridiculous! If I wanted brown grass Id move back to Texas!"

Ill never forget that. lol

Old 07-17-2008, 11:11 AM

That's pretty funny - yes I do remember. My husband did water a lot and we never had that brown grass out front, but our back yard went to he** in a hand basket that year. Thank goodness for our fence.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:00 PM

610 posts, read 2,728,688 times
Trimmed bushes tonight. The grass isn't lookin' as good as it was a few days ago. Is it safe to put fertilizer down when it is this dry? I noticed the chem lawn people did the neighbors' yards today. I do it myself and just thought it was a bit too dry. Maybe they know something I don't I'm a complusive lawn cutter, does anyone else still mow the yard when it is this dry? My neighbors think I'm crazy.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:05 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,083,905 times
I don't have a lawn given my 'yard' is about 8 feet by 3 feet wide strip in front of my two-flat, so I just plant flowers in it, but all of my flowers were wilting pathetically today and I had to get the hose out and give them all a good soaking. I'd prefer to let the rain do it, but I couldn't wait until Saturday, the poor things.

We could use a good rain, and some cooler weather.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:16 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
30% chance of scattered showers tomorrow, which some of you might see. In the meantime, the sun continues to burn the ever living crap out of my grass, dangit. Im looking forward to Saturday, when the rain chances increase to a whopping 50% in areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs