Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2009, 09:20 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,919,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I didn't feel unsafe there. I just felt like it was a low class kind of place. Sort of like a big trailer park without the trailers.

Yeah, I see. Can't disagree. If I were looking for somewhere to live, I'd go for Frankfort, Mokena, Bradley, Burbonnais...etc.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:46 PM

9 posts, read 30,511 times
I don't like Oak Lawn. It is safe, working class area with some people who are unfulfilled in their dreams and goals. They also teach their kids to somewhere limited - this is how far you can jump, and I think that if you white you are better (sad), and have opinions about other countries that they will never see.
I just really hate it here.
PS. Stay away from Palos Hills....
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 07-07-2009, 09:47 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,984,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee View Post

I know this post was some weeks ago. But I thought about it.

I realized that Country Club Hills does not have a shooting every week. Neither does Hazel Crest. Hell none of the suburbs that even border CCH have any of the nonsense you claim happens. They were all just isolated incidents. Things happen sometimes. Where do you plan to live that does not have crime? I hope you find out and tell us where that is! *rolling eyes*

I hate to say it, but the honest truth is that people do not want to live in a suburb that has a large minority population. People like you, who take isolated incidents and blow them way out of proportion are just sad. I think that I am seeing a trend here (excuse me if I'm late on this) and I don't care about a moderator cut, but whites will move out to the middle of nowhere just to avoid blacks and latinos. It does not matter how well I keep up my home, how nice I am, how nice my friends are, they will want to leave. I cannot help how I look. I did not choose my skin color when I was conceived.

I do know that if I were white, no one would even look at me twice when I'm at Walt's. No one would care if I rode down their so-called "exclusive street" in Orland Park, or Flossmoor. I cannot believe people are leaving behind such a gems like Flossmoor , Country Club Hills, Olympia Fields, Glenwood, and Homewood because of their fear of some damn minorities, who want the American Dream just like everyone else. I'm tired of having to prove myself to everyone all the ^&$### time!

I throw in the towel
maybe a tad off the subject, but why do you feel the need to prove yourself? just be the best person you can be, and hope pple are forward thinking enough to judge you on your own merit. thats all any of us can do regardless of color. im sure not every person looks at you oddly or even cares. fact is the bad seeds make it harder for good pple and create the feelings you had at walt's.

you ask how it will be in the future, my guess is that color will become less of an issue to all but a few. pple regardless of color will still look for the best bang for their housing buck, as far as safety, schools, taxes, and the stability of the area. my exwife, who is black (i happen to have been born white), would be just as concerned about all these factors as i would. question, your family member thats a doctor, what kind of area does he live in? reason i ask, most of the educated blacks ive known live in white suburban areas. why? most have kids and want the best for them in terms of schools and safety.

as far as breaking the cycle in these bad areas, id like to see more of the successful pple of color participate in mentoring programs geared toward the impressionable youth of these areas. many need a positive male role model in their lives. i maybe mistaken, but i dont believe all that much of this takes place in any large city. i know from my own educated black friends, when they got out they never went back.

good luck to us all!

Old 07-08-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee. View Post
Yes, I just would HATE to see Country Club Hills go down the same tube. I'm thinking about teaching a few classes at Hillcrest High in a few years.

I've been having the blues lately.
REALLY????? WTF is your problem? STOP

You ought to be ashamed of yourself....you are not me, and I really wish you'd stop posting and pretending to be me!

Old 07-08-2009, 11:03 AM

2,242 posts, read 6,238,787 times
Lolzzzz^^^

Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 AM

5,525 posts, read 13,945,737 times
Quote:

You ought to be ashamed of yourself....you are not me, and I really wish you'd stop posting and pretending to be me!
You should report them to the moderators.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:06 AM

1,966 posts, read 6,074,538 times
Quote:

It would be hard to imagine a bigger loser than whoever would take the time to impersonate someone on city-data. That sets a new standard of patheticness.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
It would be hard to imagine a bigger loser than whoever would take the time to impersonate someone on city-data. That sets a new standard of patheticness.
Really does. I wonder what they feel they have accomplished?

Old 07-08-2009, 12:11 PM

106 posts, read 267,558 times
There are so many levels to measure this. But, Hands Downs from every aspect, People, land, government, etc.....I would say Maywood. They currently have that huge church the Rock of Ages, yes it brings people to the area but there is such a very very long way to go. I mean how can u have a Operating Expenditure per Pupil of more than $10,000 and have less than 20% of the students meeting or exceeding the state standards of Basic Skills? The Village main High School Is Proviso East and with all that money. It sucks. The following link tells all about Illinois schools.
Interactive Illinois Report Card

Old 07-08-2009, 12:12 PM

274 posts, read 709,019 times
Quote:
Really does. I wonder what they feel they have accomplished?
REPORT THEM! Probably tried to ruin your reputation. Good thing we all saw the period at the end of their screen name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs