Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 03:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,762 times

Advertisements

I was just out on Randall road in Algonquin for the first time in many years. WOW! Is it always that busy? I was flabbergasted by how much traffic there was. I can't imagine having to drive in that everyday. Is it because of all the new shopping centers out there or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 04:28 PM

545 posts, read 2,044,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtman View Post
I was just out on Randall road in Algonquin for the first time in many years. WOW! Is it always that busy? I was flabbergasted by how much traffic there was. I can't imagine having to drive in that everyday. Is it because of all the new shopping centers out there or what?
REPLY: The western suburbs of Chicago started to get super-developed as of about 10 years ago. I remember when Randall Road was a very quaint Country Road and a 2 lane one at that. Today, it is a major thoroughfaire offering the convenience of many varieties of shops, restaurants, Malls, etc.. In one way, the area is a neat place ..yet in another way, it can be a traffic nightmare.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:27 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,619,556 times
Its an explosions of strip malls/cookie cutter sub divisions. It used to be a pretty country road with many trees. Seems alot of people love vinyl sided boxes with no charm and no trees.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:51 AM

3,455 posts, read 8,346,539 times
yeah I was pretty surprised by Randall Rd. too, about two years ago. I had the same reaction! Considering everything is brand new I think you can assume the traffic is about as new as the strip malls and new houses!

Old 03-31-2008, 09:50 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,404,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Its an explosions of strip malls/cookie cutter sub divisions. It used to be a pretty country road with many trees. Seems alot of people love vinyl sided boxes with no charm and no trees.
And many gorgeous custom homes on superb lots with tons of trees. Id agree that alot of Randall is cookie cutter, but there are spots that arent as well.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
And many gorgeous custom homes on superb lots with tons of trees. Id agree that alot of Randall is cookie cutter, but there are spots that arent as well.
Do you live there Steve-o? I get that impression.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:44 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,619,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I have not seen that part yet Steve, unless you mean that section by "BINNIE RD" and the petting farm/golf course.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:44 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,382,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I have not seen that part yet Steve, unless you mean that section by "BINNIE RD" and the petting farm/golf course.
If you mean Randall Oaks, I think that's in W. Dundee? Nearby, there are some nice homes w/trees along Randall Rd. in Sleepy Hollow. Slightly further northwest, near the borders of Algonquin, Lake In The Hills and Crystal Lake, there is Boulder Ridge, an upscale golf community with beautiful homes/lots.

I do think the traffic along that corridor is crazy - some of the worst I've been in (and I've lived in the city and in Schaumburg next to Woodfield Mall).

p.s. Wanted to add that the congestion on Randall is caused by 1)The many subdivisions 2)The many stores 3)There are too few roads to support this growth (especially E-W Roads/Bridges over the Fox River)

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 04-01-2008 at 09:54 AM..

Old 04-02-2008, 08:51 AM

25 posts, read 108,514 times
I love Algonquin/Lake In the Hills/Crystal Lake area. I grew up there and even though it has gotten much more busy they still have everything and its all in one place. It is a lot less crazy then Schaumburg and houses our cheaper out there and Crystal Lake schools are great. If I didn't work in Palatine I would be still living in Crystal Lake.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:05 PM

92 posts, read 445,932 times
Traffic is INSANE over there. I live on the border of C'ville/Algonquin, and I try not to shop over by Randall. I actually go to Schaumburg instead, although it can be just as bad over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs